Shoyeido's Kyo-jiman a.k.a Pride of Kyoto.:praying:

Good old recipe. This stick used to be my favorite before my introduction to Ouddict. It's still my favorite but the thing is, now I have many favorites.
 
Baieido Kunsho

A little sweet
a touch of tobacco
earthy
spice
agarwoody
hint of fruits

followed by
Dr.Incense Kalimantan

Bright/sharp
with some fruits and oud
slightly powdery
 
Shoyeido Nan-kun this morning.

This was my first time. This one has got quite diffusive, heavy perfume aroma and smell natural at the same time.
The scent is elating and creates a joyous aura. I can see why this is one of the most liked Shoyeido premiums.

I had a small vial of SP Nan-kun, could not find it today. If I remember it correctly, the attar was spicier.
 
Kouboku Senshu Sandalwood by Yamadamatsu today.

A tough competition for the Sandalwood stick I have had so far. Neat and creamy sandalwood, no bs.
I felt like, it's burning a bit too hot though. I got a very negligibly faint off note. A solid stick.
Thanks to Curt, my Japanese incense game is on point.
Taha once said that Yamadamatsu’s Kouboku Senshu Sandalwood, was a good representation of Mysore Sandalwood, I agree that the profile is true, but after trying KZ, Ken, and the Dr.’s Mysore sticks, there is an artisanal way to make a better Mysore stick than the Kouboku Senshu, but it is a fine stick indeed. As for Baieido’s Byakudan Kokoh, there’s a lot of spice......I reckon that Byakudan Kokoh was never meant to be a “sandalwood only aroma”.


For today.....
Minorien Kyara Chokoh no.5
A bold use of cedar,
but has enough agarwood and other aromatics
to make it a worthwhile burn.
 
Shoujou by Awaji-Baikundou. Love it! So sweet and floral, but very natural smelling, so not at all cloying or overbearing. This is based on hydrangea tea which I now really want to try. this scent is so calming and peaceful. It smells like someone who would want to give you a hug (does that make sense?) I recommend this for anyone who likes florals.
 
Dr. Incense Processed Merauke.

This was has a lot of sentimental value for me. I get dark chocolate/cacao, roasted coffee vibe.
I have never heated wood from merauke. So, can not really judge how close this stick smells but this is a wonderful stick in my opinion. Just like a smooth, and a bit bitter dark chocolate.
 
Craft Incense - Ocean’s Gold.

I really dig this composition. It’s a shame my single pack is about to be burned up. I can’t get enough of this stuff. I do enjoy the reaction my clients have when I burn this in the studio. Some love it and others think it’s repulsive.
I like that stick too.
I recently tried dipping sticks in strong Ambergris tincture and letting them try before lighting. It adds a layer of incense induced tranquility. Give it a try when you are on your own, not with the clients. If you know what I mean! That oomph is not for everybody.😉
I think somebody on here suggested doing so. I don't remember who exactly.

PS: Ambergris used for the tincture was grey but added a tiny bit of brown grade to add that depth.
 
Back
Top