Did anybody get Ken's Papua New Guinea stick this time ?

I am having a hard time keeping this one lit.
Yes same here. It smells great but it will only stay lit if inverted. I have the same issue with his Kalimantan sticks. I burnt one of the new Devadaru Rose sticks and it’s just divine. I have the last 4 Devadaru’s and they’re all incredible with the two Rose ones being my favorites.
 
Burning some Tibetan Incense this morning.

“Gangtruk Grade A Incense from the Shang Valley of Shigatse”​

This stuff is incredible. Musky, pungent and herbal while maintaining this incredible spice. Strong peppery cumin like notes with fresh saffron vibes on top of sandalwood. I layered a bit of this with East Malaysia from Ken and it created an exquisite leather accord.
Yum I had to snag these Tibetan sticks after your description.
 
He just made a post on Instagram saying how he’s become bitter and despises incense making, teaching and all that stuff. He says Ken Cannata is essentially who he recommends and is an extension of himself. So if you want his incense style Ken is the way to go.
Good for him for not pushing through negative feelings to make incense for us... but sad for us to maybe never get any more. 🙁 But I do love Ken's incense - it is absolutely top notch!!!
 
Yes same here. It smells great but it will only stay lit if inverted. I have the same issue with his Kalimantan sticks. I burnt one of the new Devadaru Rose sticks and it’s just divine. I have the last 4 Devadaru’s and they’re all incredible with the two Rose ones being my favorites.
I tried to burn the stick upside down and it burns perfectly fine
[Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day
. Who knew!
 
Guess what I burned? Cultivated kinam... smells good around here.
 
Burning some Bhutanese Kaar Sur Poe sticks today.

This lists cereal as an ingredient. There’s some soft fruity sweetness behind a strong juniper meets sandalwood meets spice accord. A grain like texture brings out an almost “Cheerios” like note that I really enjoy. This one is incredibly pungent yet mild in comparison to the strong earthy qualities of similar Bhutanese/Tibetan monasteries.

I’m starting to understand this kind of incense finally and it’s wonderful for grounding and meditation. The scent isn’t so much for enjoyment as it is for purification of your space. Burning this outdoors is ideal but a little 1/4” piece works wonders in a small studio.
 
Back
Top