View attachment 16347
Yamadamatsu - Hyofu

Hyofu, one of my favorite incenses. Once lit, it emits the gentle cantaloupe sweetness of Vietnamese agarwood and dewy lotus(guessing). Its calming Yin energy gives me serene as if I sat under the cacophony of trees in summer. A wonderful incense that is one of a kind.
This inspired me to make an order this morning! Do you prefer the long stick or short stick version?
 
So it looks like ensar just released some pressed incense sticks today similar to the hainan ones I have on offer in my channel for the February Raffle.

The ones he's offering I've tried before - they are very good too. Really high quality cambodian sticks - unless I'm totally mistaken, they are from the same supplier as my sticks. The hainan are a lower grade but made the exact same way. The supplier also offers these in nha trang, hoi ann, and a nha trang + kynam variant. He's not selling it this way, but the cambodi sticks are described by the supplier as being a type of cambodian kinam or at least that kind of aromatic profile.
 
seems like this 'pressed incense' is trending. I find them to be a bit acrid and not necessarily superior to traditional makko+ingredients stick.
they burn longer though. maybe around 40minutes.

I'm burning this 'pressed' cultivated kinam incense at the moment. it makes a lot of smoke. I prefer to break it and heat it on a subitism burner.
 
Last edited:
seems like this 'pressed incense' is trending. I find them to be a bit acrid and not necessarily superior to traditional makko+ingredients stick.
they burn longer though. maybe around 40minutes.

I'm burning this 'pressed' cultivated kinam incense at the moment. it makes a lot of smoke. I prefer to break it and heat it on a subitism burner.

I don't disagree - actually I find that these pressed sticks are more geared towards fragrencing a larger space than the super thin sticks. But they do give off more smoke, and definitely burn hotter than thin sticks.
 
So it looks like ensar just released some pressed incense sticks today similar to the hainan ones I have on offer in my channel for the February Raffle.

The ones he's offering I've tried before - they are very good too. Really high quality cambodian sticks - unless I'm totally mistaken, they are from the same supplier as my sticks. The hainan are a lower grade but made the exact same way. The supplier also offers these in nha trang, hoi ann, and a nha trang + kynam variant. He's not selling it this way, but the cambodi sticks are described by the supplier as being a type of cambodian kinam or at least that kind of aromatic profile.

Ive always wanted to try this supplier! It’s cool to see their work reaching so many different places.
 
seems like this 'pressed incense' is trending. I find them to be a bit acrid and not necessarily superior to traditional makko+ingredients stick.
they burn longer though. maybe around 40minutes.

I'm burning this 'pressed' cultivated kinam incense at the moment. it makes a lot of smoke. I prefer to break it and heat it on a subitism burner.
What I love about a well-made incense is the ability of most of the resin to flee the burning ember tip, it races all the way to the end of the stick, which at that point it will have no where to go, making that last bit of smoke unpleasant.
This process allows you to get more of the aroma, than a burnt resin smell, but with the compressed sticks, the resin cannot flow down the stick as freely, hence more smoke and acrid.
 
Burning some Tibetan Incense this morning.

“Gangtruk Grade A Incense from the Shang Valley of Shigatse”​

This stuff is incredible. Musky, pungent and herbal while maintaining this incredible spice. Strong peppery cumin like notes with fresh saffron vibes on top of sandalwood. I layered a bit of this with East Malaysia from Ken and it created an exquisite leather accord.
 
What I love about a well-made incense is the ability of most of the resin to flee the burning ember tip, it races all the way to the end of the stick, which at that point it will have no where to go, making that last bit of smoke unpleasant.
This process allows you to get more of the aroma, than a burnt resin smell, but with the compressed sticks, the resin cannot flow down the stick as freely, hence more smoke and acrid.
Wow, going to be watching my incenses burn today 😀
 
Back
Top