Seikado Solitude Sandalwood
Creamy sandalwood
with a little perfume and spice.

Next up...
Homemade stick
Gyokushodo Indonesian Kizami
Similar to the Nippon Kodo Indonesian
but has a higher top note
or should I say ethereal, volatile,
plus I get a facet of Brunei and Ambon.
Two thumbs up on this wood,
it is Sub-worthy and Stick-worthy.
 
What do you think if baieido kai un koh oudamberlove?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dan
It does have a lot of kaiko, doesn't it? It's intense stuff - feels austere to me
 
Shoyeido Myokaku

Dark, Sweet, Smooth and slightly spicy floral. I get some other aromatics along with agarwood, sometime I don't. I tried to rank it among others but could not. It is different. I think, I would rank it a notch above Ga-Ho just because this one is the new cat on the block.
Happy with this one. Can not wait what you guys think of this one.
 
I am eager to try Myokaku,
my sample should arrive by tonight,
but I won’t be home till morning.

Anyhow,
Baieido/Kohgen Koshiboku long stick today
I really like this blend, less woody,
more airy medicine with a perfume vibe.
 
If you burn it on a regular, the smell just stays for very long time. The sofas, the curtains, the clothes.
I am sure this would be same with other incense too but I found it more apparent with this one.
 
Shoyeido Myokaku
I sense a departure from their premium line,
Myokaku is under their luxury line,
the aromatics, although similar to Shokaku and Myoho, is tuned down to reveal more of the agarwood, but I say why not just add more agarwood 😉
Forgive me, but I’m just too used to my homemade sticks (90% agarwood).
 
Has he opened his Shop again. I wasnt able to receive any of his News letter in over a year actually
He just made a post on Instagram saying how he’s become bitter and despises incense making, teaching and all that stuff. He says Ken Cannata is essentially who he recommends and is an extension of himself. So if you want his incense style Ken is the way to go.
 
He just made a post on Instagram saying how he’s become bitter and despises incense making, teaching and all that stuff. He says Ken Cannata is essentially who he recommends and is an extension of himself. So if you want his incense style Ken is the way to go.
Oh, I hope him the best.. and thank you for the info.
 
[Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day

Yamadamatsu - Hyofu

Hyofu, one of my favorite incenses. Once lit, it emits the gentle cantaloupe sweetness of Vietnamese agarwood and dewy lotus(guessing). Its calming Yin energy gives me serene as if I sat under the cacophony of trees in summer. A wonderful incense that is one of a kind.
 
Back
Top