Ken's Jayapura

Very very pleasing, slow burning stick.
There's something about woods from this region. Someday, I would like to visit the region. Starting from Kalimantan, then Indonesia, staying at Maluku Island for a bit and then on to Papua and New Guinea wilderness. It's gonna be insane!
I usually travel most of sumatra jungles in search of oud when had the time
Lampung,palembang,jambi,bengkulu,west sumatra,pekanbaru...by bus from merak in java crossing the sunda strait
Still pending to malinau
Best wishes from spain🙏🙏🙏
 
Melon note. That's interesting. Never thought of it that way I will keep melon in mind next time I smell Vietnamese oud
 
IO Walla Patta stick

Glad to have this stick,
there’s a binder note
but the Walla Patta is
strong enough to overshadow it.

Then some Gyokushodo Hana No Sho
A sandalwood stick
with some charcoal binder
the profile is very Mysore-like.
 
Last edited:
I’m inspired by Oudamberlove to write some prose here.

For the Buddha from Craft-Incense reminds me a lot of Kings Aroma by Shoyeido!

This is like a raw, primal version though.
I get hints of ambery benzoin,
Frankincense and herbs

Then comes the animalism!
Raw, pungent spices and musk
Dominate fleeting moments
Within the composition.

Kyara like golden hues
Paint an Agarwood heart.
Is this gourmand or medicinal?
I can’t really decide.
 
Ken's Jayapura

Very very pleasing, slow burning stick.
There's something about woods from this region. Someday, I would like to visit the region. Starting from Kalimantan, then Indonesia, staying at Maluku Island for a bit and then on to Papua and New Guinea wilderness. It's gonna be insane!
This one is one of his most nuanced and complex single origin agarwoods IMO. I seem to get something new from it every time I burn one.
East Malaysia! Talk about depth. I finally understand this one (just alittle anyways). What used to smell like charred woods is now creamy, slightly floral with some interesting medicinal tones.
This is one of my favorite straight agarwoods from Ken. I love it so much I bought another tube when he sold the rest of it the month after the initial release. It’s just so deep and satisfying when you want a rich agarwood incense. And it goes great with a swipe of a nice Rose soliflore or oil on an arm. Ahhh heaven.
Minorien Kyara Chokoh No.5
It’s nothing like Chanel No.5 🤪
It’s agarwood and a touch of Kyara
on top of Minorien’s cedarwood signature.
Truly a recipe to behold.
Another favorite of mine. I go back and forth between this and Ryugen for my favorite Minorien.
 
I’m inspired by Oudamberlove to write some prose here.

For the Buddha from Craft-Incense reminds me a lot of Kings Aroma by Shoyeido!

This is like a raw, primal version though.
I get hints of ambery benzoin,
Frankincense and herbs

Then comes the animalism!
Raw, pungent spices and musk
Dominate fleeting moments
Within the composition.

Kyara like golden hues
Paint an Agarwood heart.
Is this gourmand or medicinal?
I can’t really decide.

I agree, this is a superb blended incense. Doc I Samadhi is one of my favorites and this one has a similar vibe but cranks it up quite a bit. Very very nice. Nice prose @Castingshadows !
 
Ken’s Pontianak earlier
Now Devadaru Heavens Blessing Rose Edition
Both are great. The Pontianak is deep rich agarwood. It brings to mind his Brunei/Tarakan from last Fall. No problems staying lit either as some of his do. Devadaru is absolutely gorgeous of course. Magic.
 
Back
Top