Baieido Koh-en

A mixture that smells more woody than resiny,
and as with the other Baieido Premiums,
the smell of the binder seems masked by the
aromatic ingredients.
 
Got to burn Andrew Salkin’s pressed Hainan sticks!

Stunnig profile for sure. Burning the stick produces a slight acrid top note that slowly fades out after a few minutes. Incredibly dense and complex scent shows up around 10 minutes in. It’s musky, herbal, spicy and floral. There’s a subtle sweetness as well.

On low temp heating this smells just like Hailam Kilam from Ensar. Warm, syrupy resins, herbal tea-like qualities and really spot on to high quality Hainan distillations. I didn’t quite understand the whole Hainan thing until I gently heated this up today. I’m hooked.
 
Just got a new stick
Tennendo’s Keryu

From the Tennendo Site
translated through Chrome:
[Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day


The Aroma:
Dry, slightly bitter, woody, smokey, and oudhy.

It’s pretty much just agarwood,
but nothing sweet, fruity, floral,
and not all that spicy to me either.
I can’t detect the region,
however, when I leave my room
and re-enter, there is this presence
of agarwood that lingers.
 
@Grega
The wonderful thing with homemade mixtures,
is that “The Sky is the Limit”,
and you can enjoy blends that otherwise you will never be able to find commercially.

StickOTD, homemade stick,
Nippon Kodo Indonesian Kizami
The resinousness is ouddicting.
Exactly!
 
Yamadamatsu - Kumoyi

Out of the bunch of incense that I keep in my wardrobe, somehow Kumoyi got my attention as if somehow it spoke to me from a corner of the wardrobe. It's been a while since the last time I visited Kumoyi. I have been avoiding Kumoyi because I find it to be too sweet and potent than my liking. my nose became more delicate and sensitive after I indulged myself in the depthless rabbit hole of agarwood a few months ago.

these days, I find myself reaching for quiet, gentle incense more often than pungent ones. I was blown away by Kumoyi's pungency and indescribable sweetness when I first tried it. I wonder it would still blow me away like before.

Smelling from the box, it emits a pungent aroma that reminds me of heliotrope, which in itself can remind you of chocolate, vanilla, almond, caramel, anise. and there's cooling, cleansing properties of clove and some herbs, earthy roots that add delicate texture to the scent. the smell from the box conjures up the image of indigo blue-dyed clouds.

Once Kumoyi starts to draws trails of smoke in the air, somehow it materialized into a thick sheet of velvet that wraps me around with a comforting sweetness of caramel drizzled coffee. there's unmistakably noticeable agarwood but it's overly sweetened by benzoin.

I think it's better to burn it at a further distance than other Yamadamatsu's incenses because only a third of this stick was enough to choke up my throat. the scent itself is quite satisfying but I find its pungency to be too strong for my nose. if strong incense is your thing, then you might not think it to be a problem.

It was nice to catch up with Kumoyi today but I don't think I'd visit it more often. I'll probably give it to someone else.
 
Been burning Doc I latest Agarwood offerings a lot the last few days, Terrannagu (sp.), Merauke, and Sinking Cambodian. These are superb, meditative incenses. I am not a shill for the Incensemaster, but the title fits very well. The last few releases have really separated him from all the other stuff I’ve sampled thus far.
 
This one came out pretty beautifully. I'm quite satisfied with the result.

Burned Baieido's Jinko Horyukoh.
today I sensed the sweet oud in this one more clearly. mellow and creamy sandalwood is there, and there's some warm scents. I guess it's benzoin.

overall, very comforting and relaxing. really enjoyed this very much today.
 
Received Ken’s Manilau stick yesterday!
I really enjoy this one. I get more creamy nuances rather than fruity but it’s spicy top notes are excellent.

Layered the room with his Rhododendron Sandalwood and wow! Talk about a beautiful combo. This sandalwood emits aroma at room temp which I don’t see too often in my journey.
 
Back
Top