I went for Pure-Incense connoisseur range “Agarwood”

For traditional Hand rolled Indian incense this is as good as it gets BUT I’m alittle let down that the reviews from Olfactory Rescue Service stated this had real Oud oil in it however its simply an accord created from Sandalwood, Cedar, and various balsams and resins.

This smells like high quality Oud based perfumery which is interesting and amazing. It reminds me of an Areej Le Dore “Russian Oud” kind of smell or some old school Amouge Attar. I’m pretty stunned at how original this smells and it’s completely all natural. POTENT!!! This is very, very strong.
 
Lit Myo-ho
I do get a nutty aspect, and it can certainly be interpreted as roasted chestnuts, but I can lean towards a few other nuts as well.
I get sweetness too, and I imagine a dry resin, instead a sticky gooey one.

...... onto Shunkohdo Ranjatai
to me it’s the woody side of agarwood,
hence, very satisfying.
 
[Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day

@Andrew Salkin 's Sandalwood. made by @Petrichor_Jing.

stick after stick... it's so captivating. without a doubt the cleanest sandalwood I've ever smelled. sandalwood often feels milky but this one is quite different. I feel a lot more delicate texture. if regular sandalwood is velvet in terms of texture, this one is microfiber. and it has a candy-like sweetness without caramelly quality. it feels like they extracted 'brown' from the sandalwood and just left 'white' alone. if that makes any sense. 😂

really like this. yummy. 😋
 
Currently lost my sense of smell but I can pick up the slightest bit of fruity resin in Ken’s Manilau stick.

To second what Proudst said the Manilau doesn’t stay lit for me either but not every stick is like that. I found that if you can balance the stick to where it’s burning upside it seems to stay lit longer. Out of 3 sticks only 2 had this issue.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top