Been enjoying Dr. Incense Processed Merauke.

Burning this outdoors provides a stark contrast to the aroma inside my house. The fresh air allows the scent to open up in different ways. Hands down my favorite pure Agarwood stick.
 
Been enjoying Dr. Incense Processed Merauke.

Burning this outdoors provides a stark contrast to the aroma inside my house. The fresh air allows the scent to open up in different ways. Hands down my favorite pure Agarwood stick.
Burned this last night...agreed, it’s a superb incense. Will have to try burning some outside. Doc I pure Agarwood offerings lately have reached a whole new level of excellence in my opinion. This latest Kalimantan is a winner too. Seems way more complex than previous version.
 
Burned this last night...agreed, it’s a superb incense. Will have to try burning some outside. Doc I pure Agarwood offerings lately have reached a whole new level of excellence in my opinion. This latest Kalimantan is a winner too. Seems way more complex than previous version.
Did you get the version with or without ambergris?
 
Did you get the version with or without ambergris?
Uhm, well, both....very subtle difference in them. Maybe with more time I will notice the Ambergris more.

The prev Doc I release Kalimantan with Ambergris is excellent, makes me wonder if it takes the Ambergris some time to shine. I’ll tip my hat to Ken C. in this area as well, because his Oceans Gold is really really nice. I think a lot of people missed that it was made with Vietnamese wood. It’s one Kens best IMHO.
 
Uhm, well, both....very subtle difference in them. Maybe with more time I will notice the Ambergris more.

The prev Doc I release Kalimantan with Ambergris is excellent, makes me wonder if it takes the Ambergris some time to shine. I’ll tip my hat to Ken C. in this area as well, because his Oceans Gold is really really nice. I think a lot of people missed that it was made with Vietnamese wood. It’s one Kens best IMHO.
Haha, I like your style. I got the version without and some of the chips for reference....and some of the processed mysore haha. Should kot help myself. It is indeed a sublime scent.

Please educate me on ken C. Never heard of the guy.
 
Haha, I like your style. I got the version without and some of the chips for reference....and some of the processed mysore haha. Should kot help myself. It is indeed a sublime scent.

Please educate me on ken C. Never heard of the guy.

Ken Cannata, Yi-Xin craft incense. Makes great sticks. Mentioned many many times on here. Had a release today. Great guy.
 
Uhm, well, both....very subtle difference in them. Maybe with more time I will notice the Ambergris more.

The prev Doc I release Kalimantan with Ambergris is excellent, makes me wonder if it takes the Ambergris some time to shine. I’ll tip my hat to Ken C. in this area as well, because his Oceans Gold is really really nice. I think a lot of people missed that it was made with Vietnamese wood. It’s one Kens best IMHO.


Oceans Gold was legendary! I haven’t tried any of Doc’s ambergris offerings but hopefully next time I’ll catch some.
 
Hi Guys, sharing a disaster with you all :Cry:.
Thankfully, this was a trial batch and the sandalwood powder I used was from Eden Botanicals and is not that expensive.
They burn well tho and smell like the powder, which was predominantly citrus with negligible to none cream/butter aspects.

What do you think went wrong here? Too much water?
I used Sandal and Gum Tragacanth in 3:1(slightly more than one).
[Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day
 
Hi Guys, sharing a disaster with you all :Cry:.
Thankfully, this was a trial batch and the sandalwood powder I used was from Eden Botanicals and is not that expensive.
They burn well tho and smell like the powder, which was predominantly citrus with negligible to none cream/butter aspects.

What do you think went wrong here? Too much water?
I used Sandal and Gum Tragacanth in 3:1(slightly more than one).
View attachment 17741
Too much water. You can always grind those back up and adjust your ratios!
 
Thanks Aaron. I'll grind them again and try again.

Also, forgot to add in the original post, instead of water I used Rose hydrosol. However, I think the hydrosol does not add anything to the olfactory profile of the sticks.
What are you using to dry those with? Do you have something that holds weight on top while keeping them straight in the tray during the drydown?
 
Back
Top