Ken’s PNG

I have become more familiar with PNG
from experiencing this stick,
and ASO’s PNG oudh chunks.

The Papuan DNA is present,
as with other Papuan oudhs,
and is somehow connected to
Indonesian oudhs also.

The only missing piece in the puzzle
is Port Moresby, never tried it.

@Himanshu Sharma
I’d go 10:1 at the very most,
but more like 15:1,
and regardless of ratios
a means to keep them straight
as they dry.
I’m sure you’ve seen sticks all lined up
side by side on a drying tray,
well, they can still warp that way,
another tray or cardboard or
wooden board should be placed on top
until they reach a certain point of dryness.

As for the water, I am still trying to discipline myself to start extruding when the dough has just enough moisture, so that the extruded sticks are nice and firm.
 
Last edited:
Ken’s PNG

I have become more familiar with PNG
from experiencing this stick,
and ASO’s PNG oudh chunks.

The Papuan DNA is present,
as with other Papuan oudhs,
and is somehow connected to
Indonesian oudhs also.

The only missing piece in the puzzle
is Port Moresby, never tried it.

@Himanshu Sharma
I’d go 10:1 at the very most,
but more like 15:1,
and regardless of ratios
a means to keep them straight
as they dry.
I’m sure you’ve seen sticks all lined up
side by side on a drying tray,
well, they can still warp that way,
another tray or cardboard or
wooden board should be placed on top
until they reach a certain point of dryness.

As for the water, I am still trying to discipline myself to start extruding when the dough has just enough moisture, so that the extruded sticks are nice and firm.
I see. I was way off the charts for ratios.
 
Malaya from Pure Incense.

This one is awesome. It contains a crazy good Malaysian distillation that is immediately noticeable when you sniff the stick.

I love the aroma Oud oil imparts on incense. There’s none of the acrid smoke you get from combustion of the wood itself so it’s literally this resinous, green cola-like aroma.

This was an expensive offering but well worth it. The exclusive small batch line from Pure-Incense is really nice. Up next I have a barny Laotian sample I’m excited to try. Smelling barn notes in incense is awesome.
 
Ken’s Tigerwood

Wow! This is too good. Menthol and camphor nuances create a cooling aroma while serious florals and resinous fruits round out the back end. This is crazy good. Super ouddy and balanced aroma.

Followed it up with Synonyms for Nirvana.

Maybe I’m blissed out from the Tigerwood but this seriously stunning. It’s a classic Japanese stick. Very dry and cooling. Spicy, herbal, aloeswood.
 
Back
Top