Burning some Agarwood Absolute from Pure-Incense.
Turns out I was wrong in my initial assessment saying these don’t have real Oud in them. The ingredients printed on the back of the box are just the base materials used in every composition so it’s like a one description fits all.

This one is fantastic though. Strong middle eastern Oud perfume vibes. Pungent like a Tibetan. A few minutes of burn will fill an entire house and a whole stick will fumigate your property.

As my sense of smell comes back it seems like only extremely pungent scents are noticeable so this is perfect for the level of smell I’m capable of.
 
Minorien Sandalwood

@Hosayn Bro, is this real ? If this is real, its gotta be illegal. 😵
I mean, at this price point...Nothing comes closer that i've tried so far.
Do you get that milky vibes? Like Vanilla Milk Chocolate
My same sentiments, that’s why I stocked up with some large boxes.

Today Baieido Tokusen Kobunboku
is reminding me a bit of Kunmeido Kyara Tenpyo
without the Reiryo Koh.
 
Schroff’s Kasturi Musk this morning.

While I love Japanese incense I also have a huge affinity for high quality Indian style agarbatti.

Kasturi is one of the best examples of herbal musk I’ve smelled. There’s a sweet champa base with what smells like Halmaddi and honey which is almost non existent in incense these days. Strong powdery ambrette is noticeable upon opening the package. There’s a nice sandalwood and champaca accord happening that is just lovely. Hands down one of the best traditional scents I’ve smelled.
 
Minorien Sandalwood

@Hosayn Bro, is this real ? If this is real, its gotta be illegal. 😵
I mean, at this price point...Nothing comes closer that i've tried so far.
Do you get that milky vibes? Like Vanilla Milk Chocolate
Yes, creamiest and finest sandalwood incense ever to be honest. Nothing comes close, infact I can’t wait until you heat one of Jing’s sandalwood stick.
 
Last edited:
Baieido Kunsho

Cambodian agarwood

It took quite a while to click with this stick,
I kept searching for figs and berries and such,
but in the end, it seems to me that the Baieido Premiums concoct a blend of woods, spices, and herbs that complements the agarwood, rather than mimics it’s regional profile.


Fastforward to my homemade stick
Borneo and Indonesia blend

It’s so darn good, it should be illegal🤪
 
I have those two as well. That Merauke leaves an amazing smell on my clothes just from being in the same room while it’s burning.
I gotta say the Merauke is fantastic. I immediately noticed that “aura” you’re talking about. It makes everything glow with an amazing ouddyness. I love it.

Now that I’ve tried another small batch artisan aside from Ken’s work I gotta say this Merauke is one of my favorites.
 
I gotta say the Merauke is fantastic. I immediately noticed that “aura” you’re talking about. It makes everything glow with an amazing ouddyness. I love it.

Now that I’ve tried another small batch artisan aside from Ken’s work I gotta say this Merauke is one of my favorites.
It’s my experience with Merauke sticks that prompted me to get some of the wood,
the Merauke lends a wonderful profile for sticks, but for the subitism, the effect is different.

I haven’t tried the Dr.’s version, but I have KZ’s and Ken’s, and soon.... I will experiment with my own.
 
Back
Top