I was able to keep my Dr. Incense Malinau sticks lit, but I must mention, that all the artisan sticks that I have purchased, were transferred into breathable containers. Well, not all..... the 5 Rivers and Baina already arrived in appropriate tubing, plus the WSG Hainan is super dry enough to remain in it’s hardwood tube.

So my Malinau sticks had a day to “air-out”.

Why breathable containers??
To keep moisture to a minimum and preserve them for long term.
I live in a semi dry climate....that helps.....and the main container that holds all my sticks have many packs of food grade desiccant to further ensure dryness.

Getting back to the Malinau sticks,
they are fragrant at room temperature, kinda like my KZ Brunei heartwood chips. The aroma when lit is richly agarwoody, and lingers in the air. I am very satisfied, but I am not really familiar with Malinau agarwood chip profiles. I have no idea why I passed-up the chance to get some of Habz Malinau chips:Cautious::Cautious::Cautious:. I cannot liken the aroma to Malinau oud, but who knows, after several sessions I will learn more.

Oh!, and btw, I received a sample of DI’s Hainan oud with the stick order. Smells similar to IO’s Sinensis series. How much similarity, I am not sure because I did not do a side by side comparison. So I’m guessing it’s an extract. I don’t know if he’ll offer it again. I could ask, but I’ll just wait and see.
 
Dr. Incense Vietnam Hoi-An,

His high end agarwood sticks are two-three tiers above many of kz offerings IMO. The lowest that I've tried from him was probably the traditional Assam sticks but still a good one for the price for daily use oud burn enjoyment. Even the Malaysian sticks aroma was true to the north Malaysian wood and it immediately reminded me with ASO and Habzoud solid oil offerings from that region.

great to see you back bro
 
Exploring Baieido KunSho

I can’t determine the wood’s specific region in Cambodia, but I do get a dark fruits vibe.

Then I compared Shoyeido Myo Ho new box to the old silk box. The difference is very tiny. It’s like the aromatics are a touch more in the new box, maybe because they are fresher.

You’re lucky to hav both the old box and new!

Joev


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
 
I just got Shoyeido s KI NO KA. It’s three sleeves of wood and one of kneaded incense.

I tried the kneaded incense. I don’t know how to use it so I just flattened it out and put it in my burner. It’s definitely a lot of agarwood and some kind of licorice note.

Next I tried what I am assuming is the highest Ed grade kyara or agarwood available as I only received a few slivers of it. It was pretty amazing, warming, comfortable, religious.

I haven’t tried what I know is medium grade agarwood as there is plenty resiounous black wood in that sleeve and there’s blonde sandalwood in there too. I can smell it.

Let me know if you’ve bought this and what your thoughts are!

Joev
 
I just got Shoyeido s KI NO KA. It’s three sleeves of wood and one of kneaded incense.

I tried the kneaded incense. I don’t know how to use it so I just flattened it out and put it in my burner. It’s definitely a lot of agarwood and some kind of licorice note.

Next I tried what I am assuming is the highest Ed grade kyara or agarwood available as I only received a few slivers of it. It was pretty amazing, warming, comfortable, religious.

I haven’t tried what I know is medium grade agarwood as there is plenty resiounous black wood in that sleeve and there’s blonde sandalwood in there too. I can smell it.

Let me know if you’ve bought this and what your thoughts are!

Joev
You must have the old set, because the new Ki-no-ka doesn’t have the Kyara slivers, in it’s place is pressed incense. I never tried it though.
 
I got it when it had the kyara. It was “shin” kyara - light resination but good kyara scent profile. Maybe stuff that was trimmed away from their higher grades? They were little splinters, each about the size of a rice grain, there were 10 or so in a small bag. Still have a few thought i bought it 10 years ago
 
Cannata Brunei stick

This stick hits a home run with me.

From the diameter, density, burn rate, agarwood content, and especially.....the aroma.

My goal is to one day make a few.........with specicificatons like this stick,,,,,,,,using some of my agarwood chips.

I love both heating (chips) and lighting (sticks):Inlove:
 
Unfortunately I will get my next installment of Canata/KZ and DI now in Oct ... dont have anyone coming from Singapore earlier ... will have to wait and read the reviews

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
 
2 "large" sticks of Baieido's Kobunboku
Will probably burn some "gold nag champa" by Happy Hari too, I bought a 5 pack (of 7 sticks?) and am really enjoying these, very strong but not overly perfumed as with the "Pure Incense" ones.

I still have most of the sticks that @Oudamberlove very kindly sent me but I'm afraid to burn them! well, not afraid but just don't wanna waste them per se. Same with IO, RPP and AA's oud sticks

yes, stupid mentality, I know.
 
This morning...

Dr. Incense Assam
I’m appreciating this more, just like how it took me a while to be more appreciative of IO’s Sri Lanka sticks.
and then....
Nippon Kodo Kyara Heian
The perfume makes me think of trees with blossoms:Inlove:
Do u get some vanillic note in the air once the stick is done with?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top