Do u get some vanillic note in the air once the stick is done with?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Yes I do, even as the stick is lit there’s some vanilla bean.

This morning.......
Shunkohdo Kyara Seikan and Ranjatai
The agarwoody brothers. Utterly satisfying for my taste. Then to top it all off with some Kyara scents...some Translucent Path.
 
Generic Indonesian agarwood stick with a little Haitian vetiver smeared along its length. Smells a lot like Minoren fu-in (fu-en?) agarwood sticks


Never smelled walla patta (as far as I know). What other region does it resemble?
 
KZ Jayapura Sliver + Dr Incense Sinking Malinau Sliver

Both on low heat .... this was a great end to the weekend ...

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
 
Generic Indonesian agarwood stick with a little Haitian vetiver smeared along its length. Smells a lot like Minoren fu-in (fu-en?) agarwood sticks


Never smelled walla patta (as far as I know). What other region does it resemble?
Walla Patta (Sri Lanka) is unique, but at a far far stretch, some similarities to certain Borneos.
 
Al Shareef Oudh Five Rivers,

Magnificent Tibetan style pure agarwood sticks, a league in its olfactory complexity, performance, and uniqueness.
Something really different and it brings a smile to my face when I burn this stick...


Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
 
Seijudo Seiran

There are similarities within their top range. This being right below Enju.

It reminds me of Shoyeido Go-un but without sandalwood and extra aromatics.

I am looking forward to more sessions with this stick.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dan
Kyukyodo Seigetsu

The only black stick from Kyukyodo in my collection. It seems a bit less agarwoody and it carries the signature scent of most Kyukyodos.

Wushuang Ge Hainan

Subtle aroma, but if you continue to let it burn, then the Hainan resinousness lingers in the air.
 
I am looking for the highest quality most transparent makko powder available for incense sticks. Shoyeido Toh is a total no go. Can anyone recommend? Thanks, Martin
 
I am looking for the highest quality most transparent makko powder available for incense sticks. Shoyeido Toh is a total no go. Can anyone recommend? Thanks, Martin
Thank you for that valuable information Martin.
I am currently shopping for Makko also, same criteria as yours. I am leaning towards Baieido, but would love to hear from others (if they are willing to share). Also, which is the best charcoal to use?
 
I have Yamada Matsu makko, quite a lot actually. I don’t know how much it matches your idea of transparency. It is quite old - from 2002 I think.
 
Back
Top