Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
So far nominations from only 12 members

Yeah, I will be sending a mailshot out - should have ages ago, but been too busy. Moreover, there is a tendency on forums to browse, read and look from afar, but not get involved. Its an issue across the boards where we have so many guests and members viewing, but a minority posting. No different on this one.

Joshua Riding

Utter...
This is my first time getting involved in this so please forgive me if I make any mistakes.

Wild - Yunnan al shareef oud - beautiful bitter Chinese profile but has some Hindi edge to it? Maybe due to how it was distilled, that Hindi almost meaty smokey quality?

Blend of wild oud - Al Ruba’ie 2 al shareef oud - omg just mind blowing, complex, beautiful. When I sniff this I feel like Neo at the end of The Matrix 1 when he can see the code all around him..... oud becomes clear to me [emoji23]

Organic - aroha kush, Ensar oud - amazing value for money oud. Lovely sweet profile, not overly complex but it gets the job done and a great price point.

Organic- Fajr by Al shareef - really beautiful oil with a menthol quality to it, this will get better with age, reminds me of being inside a Masjid for some reason, which is never a bad feeling.

Forgive me if I’ve got the vote wrong, I’m trying to get more involved on here and at finding my feet .... I may include more nominations as I test more over the coming days if this is allowed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andrew Salkin

it's aboud time!
Staff member
This is my first time getting involved in this so please forgive me if I make any mistakes.

Wild - Yunnan al shareef oud - beautiful bitter Chinese profile but has some Hindi edge to it? Maybe due to how it was distilled, that Hindi almost meaty smokey quality?

Blend of wild oud - Al Ruba’ie 2 al shareef oud - omg just mind blowing, complex, beautiful. When I sniff this I feel like Neo at the end of The Matrix 1 when he can see the code all around him..... oud becomes clear to me [emoji23]

Organic - aroha kush, Ensar oud - amazing value for money oud. Lovely sweet profile, not overly complex but it gets the job done and a great price point.

Organic- Fajr by Al shareef - really beautiful oil with a menthol quality to it, this will get better with age, reminds me of being inside a Masjid for some reason, which is never a bad feeling.

Forgive me if I’ve got the vote wrong, I’m trying to get more involved on here and at finding my feet .... I may include more nominations as I test more over the coming days if this is allowed?

What! Don't apologise - this is great! Literally the definition of what a good post looks like and very much appreciated for others to hear your thoughts on oils. Opinions on oils can be more helpful than you know - even more so for people like you and I who are relatively new because we help others who are new understand what oils they like and reference their conclusions. For those with decades of experience, I'd imagine that our new set of eyes is actually interesting since we have less getting in the way and influencing our take on an oil. Keep the posting coming!

Joshua Riding

Utter...
What! Don't apologise - this is great! Literally the definition of what a good post looks like and very much appreciated for others to hear your thoughts on oils. Opinions on oils can be more helpful than you know - even more so for people like you and I who are relatively new because we help others who are new understand what oils they like and reference their conclusions. For those with decades of experience, I'd imagine that our new set of eyes is actually interesting since we have less getting in the way and influencing our take on an oil. Keep the posting coming!

Thank you very much Andrew [emoji120]

Dan

True Ouddict
Wild
Agar Aura - Malaya
IO - NHA Trang Ultima
IO - Fragrant Harbour Imperial
ASO - Yunnan
ASO - Al Rubai'ie 2
Agarwood Assam - Crassna Intense

Organic
TajOud - 200
TajOud - 198
EO - Czar Ceylon

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Joshua Riding

Utter...
Not sure if this is still open but I would like to also vote for Hainan imperial by IO for the below reasons

Wearing hainan imperial by IO tonight. I’m beyond words, this is everything about oud I love, it has a bitter quality to it that isn’t too much, a green herbal note with a bed of sweetness that just perfectly balances the oil out. This is an oud I love from the start until the finish, with many others I prefer the opening over the mids or vice versa. Hainan is just perfect at every stage.

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support

Yes I’ve left nominations open for now. Ignore the timetable. I’m trying to find some time to email the forum members to let them know about the vote as many don’t see it until it’s over if the past two years are anything to go by.

Mr.P

oud<3er
Did someone nominate Al Shareef Oud Malek al malayzi? Don’t know how many are lucky enough to smell a sample of this but it is classic in every way. I hereby nominate it if it hasn’t been already.

Osama Shaikh

Oud Beginner
Organic Oud: Crassna 2018 by The Attar Store
I only used Wild Ouds from Ensar that are Borneo 3000 and Port Jaya but unfortunately, Ensar isn't on the list.
so I can't mention his Ouds

Status
Not open for further replies.