Status
Not open for further replies.
As it had been mentioned one month before that only resident vendors are to be nominated, and later one non-resident vendor was included.

Strange it is the first post and very harsh:Cry:. While it could have been said in a better way.

Almost all vendors are here on the forum. Ensar Oud, Agar Aura and Feel Oud are happy being not present on the list. Their choice. Who else are left? None.

Anyway, such posts are part of life, I think. Every year somebody steps in to criticize and then seen nowhere.

Management and members did untiring efforts to establish the forum, which is the only forum that accommodates all.

Peace and cheers!
 
But more importantly: lest we all not forget, this is a small community based on oud. This is a fun nomination process - not the fu***** Oscars. With all due respect to the vendors and all their hard work of course! That goes without saying. But in the end of the day, it's really just not THAT serious. There isn't some travesty happening here - no conspiracy or deep state agenda. No backroom handshakes or bait and switch to be paranoid about lol.

I think this post has to be contender for Post of the Month if not the Year... but this particular part is spot on. The award is a bit of fun and a reward for vendors who despite perceptions that they are all rolling in it, work their backsides off to bring people products that would never see the light of day otherwise. There is not enough money in this business for most vendors for us to be organising some sort of conspiracy... if only. Even with Al Hashimi with whom I am involved, we are working on other stuff to actually fund our Oud hobby. Many of the vendors on Ouddict ARE the small guys.

And for the others who are complaining that the big boys are not represented, go and have a look at who won the Vendor of the Year Awards for 2018... and thats despite constantly being at the brunt of totally unethical and unfair attacks from one of the very vendors who won the awards... conspiracy indeed! One thing I have learned from launching this place is that no matter how hard you try and no matter how good your intentions, there is no pleasing some people so I have learned to just filter the noise and get on with what we do here.
 
Right... lets get the vote started. I will create a poll this weekend so any last nominations better come in fast!
 
Ok I'll bite - what small vendor did you want to nominate that wasn't allowed?

I'm almost certain we'd all love to hear about and potentially support such a small vendor In fact, just last month there was a thread about new vendors having the opportunity to join. While they cannot be considered for this years nominations as per the rules, it would be great to keep them in mind to discuss their oils as a sidebar conversation.

But more importantly: lest we all not forget, this is a small community based on oud. This is a fun nomination process - not the fu***** Oscars. With all due respect to the vendors and all their hard work of course! That goes without saying. But in the end of the day, it's really just not THAT serious. There isn't some travesty happening here - no conspiracy or deep state agenda. No backroom handshakes or bait and switch to be paranoid about lol.

There are very simple rules to be a vendor here. But ultimately they can all be distilled (pun intended) down to: don't be a dick. There have got to be 12 vendors now here that all participate in dialogue, education, and bring excellent oils and wood to our little marketplace. Without it, we'd all have such limited options. I remind myself regularly not to take it for granted. These vendors all work are very hard and manage to play nice in the sandbox as adults.

Truly not knocking any other forums - I think there can be many, whatever floats your boat and wherever you feel most at home and fulfilled. I personally enjoy the variety and perspectives of multiple vendors so I more frequently patronize and participate here. If you prefer otherwise, than by all means - you do you! We support you.

But please stay positive in your posts. If you don't have anything nice to say, well then...you know how the saying goes 🙂
 
With all due respect. Although people who have the balls to speak up are being told to have manners, some so called oud experts themselves are behaving like a bunch of thugs. How about Nadeem and his cronies learn some manners themselves. I bet the likes of Taha and Ensar are paying these fools to serve and protect. What a joke.
 
With all due respect. Although people who have the balls to speak up are being told to have manners, some so called oud experts themselves are behaving like a bunch of thugs. How about Nadeem and his cronies learn some manners themselves. I bet the likes of Taha and Ensar are paying these fools to serve and protect. What a joke.

I actually went out of my way to pass my phone number to you and have a personal dialogue about any issues you may have had. Judging from your second post on this forum, you obviously have some serious personal issues. No idea what you mean that Taha and Ensar are paying me and my "cronies" to serve and protect and actually I don't want to know as whatever outlandish conspiracy theory you might come out with, might betray your state of being more than anything else. Who are you anyway? I have provided my name and identity, but no idea who you are.

Honestly, we don't like banning people on this forum, so for the last time, relax, breathe deep and enjoy yourself here. If it upsets you so much, please go where you are happier and all the best. :Thumbsup:
 
Now that’s the calm attitude I was looking for. Well done!!! Bravo. Now be civil with new comets and have some respect for them and refrain your self from jumping down their throat. Stop, read and think what one is trying to convey.
 
Now that’s the calm attitude I was looking for. Well done!!! Bravo. Now be civil with new comets and have some respect for them and refrain your self from jumping down their throat. Stop, read and think what one is trying to convey.

I was kind to you. I just wanted to know what small vendor you were talking about. Are you open to sharing who that artisan is?

My name is Andrew Salkin. I'm from NJ and I work in healthcare sales. I'm 29 and passionate about table tennis (U1800) and oud of course. You can find my insta @andrewjoshuas. Would you mind sharing who you are and what you are passionate about? This way we can all get to know you a little better and maybe understand your perspective better?

Just as a PS - I'm a little confused now too because the conspiracy you mentioned of taha and ensar paying Nadeem or vendors here goes truly against the grain of the standard ouddict conspiracy fare. My understanding is that those guys don't really get along anymore themselves - so it would truly be odd if they were collectively paying vendors here. This isn't meant as an insult AT ALL - I'm just curious now what you think is going on? Why would those guys pay anyone here? What value would they get from that?

Peace and love brother. Like I was saying, it's just not that serious.
 
Now that’s the calm attitude I was looking for. Well done!!! Bravo. Now be civil with new comets and have some respect for them and refrain your self from jumping down their throat. Stop, read and think what one is trying to convey.
But he was being respectful, you weren't. Perhaps it is better to not go on the offensive with your first post. At least try to present what grievance you may have in a clear manner so that we may understand you better.
 
I was kind to you. I just wanted to know what small vendor you were talking about. Are you open to sharing who that artisan is?

My name is Andrew Salkin. I'm from NJ and I work in healthcare sales. I'm 29 and passionate about table tennis (U1800) and oud of course. You can find my insta @andrewjoshuas. Would you mind sharing who you are and what you are passionate about? This way we can all get to know you a little better and maybe understand your perspective better?

Just as a PS - I'm a little confused now too because the conspiracy you mentioned of taha and ensar paying Nadeem or vendors here goes truly against the grain of the standard ouddict conspiracy fare. My understanding is that those guys don't really get along anymore themselves - so it would truly be odd if they were collectively paying vendors here. This isn't meant as an insult AT ALL - I'm just curious now what you think is going on? Why would those guys pay anyone here? What value would they get from that?

Peace and love brother. Like I was saying, it's just not that serious.

You see Andrew, it’s not about some elaborate conspiracy. It was all about making Nadeem realise that he needs to take a step back, read and then respond. Not just jump down newcomers throats and tell them to learn manners! That’s down right disrespectful. I’m sure no one likes to be treated like that. Right?
 
I was kind to you. I just wanted to know what small vendor you were talking about. Are you open to sharing who that artisan is?

My name is Andrew Salkin. I'm from NJ and I work in healthcare sales. I'm 29 and passionate about table tennis (U1800) and oud of course. You can find my insta @andrewjoshuas. Would you mind sharing who you are and what you are passionate about? This way we can all get to know you a little better and maybe understand your perspective better?

Just as a PS - I'm a little confused now too because the conspiracy you mentioned of taha and ensar paying Nadeem or vendors here goes truly against the grain of the standard ouddict conspiracy fare. My understanding is that those guys don't really get along anymore themselves - so it would truly be odd if they were collectively paying vendors here. This isn't meant as an insult AT ALL - I'm just curious now what you think is going on? Why would those guys pay anyone here? What value would they get from that?

Peace and love brother. Like I was saying, it's just not that serious.
 
What did he say though that upset you? I just read through everything and can't identify what you found disrespectful.

In all these posts, I think we are all just trying to better understand what your greivance is - that is, what bothered you initially (before Nadeem even responded)?
 
What did he say though that upset you? I just read through everything and can't identify what you found disrespectful.

In all these posts, I think we are all just trying to better understand what your greivance is - that is, what bothered you initially (before Nadeem even responded)?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top