Not really. Is this supposed to be rare or natural Agarwood that’s been played with? I would fall for this if that’s the case.
It’s maybe the third time in my life that I see it. So yes it’s rare.
It’s a way of tampering.
When cleaning oud chips, sometimes a chip breaks off, so they glue it back on, especially on big pieces, because they fetch a higher price.
 
[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos

I was filling up some bottles when I noticed that these two bottles, both brand new from the same box, filled with exactly 2.500g with the exact same oil, look like they were filled with different amounts.
Attar bottles like this especially the cheap ones vary slightly and sometimes significantly in internal volume.
That’s why I always appreciate when someone sells oils in grams instead of ml. If I had filled the same bottles with a thicker more dense oil, they would look different, if I filled them with alcohol, even more different, if filled with coconut oil they’d look different because of the differences in density of the liquid and the variation in bottle volume.
 
I just got some quite high grade Cambodian agarwood directly from the hunters.
From my understanding, some of the oud I got is quite hard to get here, in the west. (I’m from Denmark so oud isn’t even sold here)
All this oud that I just is completely wild and straight from the source without any middle men.

I just about 550g total it’s a mix of different quantities and I paid about 2000$ did I get a good deal?

I’d love to share it with you since it’s a long time since I posted. And agarwood isn’t really popular, on the incense subreddit.

The first thing I got is this 250g big pursat feng shui decorative display piece.
It has both lighter and darker colors on it, but is mostly black on the middle.

image.jpgimage.jpg22cfc671-44f0-4e81-a6c4-14492a5b493f.jpeg

I’m really satisfied with this piece and I think it has a really beautiful mountain shape.
That I’ve never seen before

The Second item are these two beautiful wild oud bracelets from pursat.
I just two one in 16mm, and another in 20mm
They have a light very pleasant sweet scent from them.
I’m not sure whether to stash them in my collection, or to wear them.
[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
Here’s the first 20mm
[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
And this is the 16mm one

I wanted some sinking wood as well so I got 25g of sinking pursat brach pieces. Since it was all he had, These are smaller but really lovely and has a nice scent. Hope you like them!
[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos

Now these next two are my favorites from this order and probably the best wood.
This one is Cambodian king char. It’s really thick and has a distinct scent on the heater.
I’ve never seen char like this from Cambodia before even though, there’s probably a bunch of it. This is 100g from the pursat region as well


[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos

This pursat wood was the most expensive of them all. It’s almost completely black, and even has oil spots leaking out of the wood.
However it has a bit of white wood on some of the pieces.
Im guessing this is probably sinking as well along with the king char but im not sure yet. I’ll have to test it later.
I’m really satisfied with this wood but haven’t tried it on the heater yet. It’s some of my best wood probably. This is 75g from the pursat region,

[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos

This wood is from koh Kong as opposed to the others being from pursat. It’s not the greatest quality but was a gift, and I got it for free.
[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos

As well this is a sample of 25g pursat wood.

[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos

This is everything I just. I just wanted to share my excitement, since it’s been a long thing since I’ve posted.
I really hope you liked the wood I bought. And I would love some advice from you about some things.

The first thing is. Did I pay a good price for all this.

And is wood like this rare and hard to get your hands on? Especially in the west and outside Asia?

Also if I got a good deal what would wood like this normally cost? Especially the 3 higher grade woods and the statue?

I’m sorry if this post got a bit long. Hope it’s alright🙂
 
I just got some quite high grade Cambodian agarwood directly from the hunters.
From my understanding, some of the oud I got is quite hard to get here, in the west. (I’m from Denmark so oud isn’t even sold here)
All this oud that I just is completely wild and straight from the source without any middle men.

I just about 550g total it’s a mix of different quantities and I paid about 2000$ did I get a good deal?

I’d love to share it with you since it’s a long time since I posted. And agarwood isn’t really popular, on the incense subreddit.

The first thing I got is this 250g big pursat feng shui decorative display piece.
It has both lighter and darker colors on it, but is mostly black on the middle.

View attachment 45167View attachment 45169View attachment 45166

I’m really satisfied with this piece and I think it has a really beautiful mountain shape.
That I’ve never seen before

The Second item are these two beautiful wild oud bracelets from pursat.
I just two one in 16mm, and another in 20mm
They have a light very pleasant sweet scent from them.
I’m not sure whether to stash them in my collection, or to wear them.
View attachment 45170
Here’s the first 20mm
View attachment 45171
And this is the 16mm one

I wanted some sinking wood as well so I got 25g of sinking pursat brach pieces. Since it was all he had, These are smaller but really lovely and has a nice scent. Hope you like them!
View attachment 45172View attachment 45173View attachment 45174

Now these next two are my favorites from this order and probably the best wood.
This one is Cambodian king char. It’s really thick and has a distinct scent on the heater.
I’ve never seen char like this from Cambodia before even though, there’s probably a bunch of it. This is 100g from the pursat region as well


View attachment 45175View attachment 45176View attachment 45177

This pursat wood was the most expensive of them all. It’s almost completely black, and even has oil spots leaking out of the wood.
However it has a bit of white wood on some of the pieces.
Im guessing this is probably sinking as well along with the king char but im not sure yet. I’ll have to test it later.
I’m really satisfied with this wood but haven’t tried it on the heater yet. It’s some of my best wood probably. This is 75g from the pursat region,

View attachment 45178View attachment 45179View attachment 45180

This wood is from koh Kong as opposed to the others being from pursat. It’s not the greatest quality but was a gift, and I got it for free.
View attachment 45181

As well this is a sample of 25g pursat wood.

View attachment 45182View attachment 45183

This is everything I just. I just wanted to share my excitement, since it’s been a long thing since I’ve posted.
I really hope you liked the wood I bought. And I would love some advice from you about some things.

The first thing is. Did I pay a good price for all this.

And is wood like this rare and hard to get your hands on? Especially in the west and outside Asia?

Also if I got a good deal what would wood like this normally cost? Especially the 3 higher grade woods and the statue?

I’m sorry if this post got a bit long. Hope it’s alright🙂
Very very good price mashallah, a steal
 
Sandalwood heartwood slices, yamada matsu, 2001. I would guess this was from Tamil Nadu based on the aroma but I don't know how much to trust my judgment here. I seldom even touch these only with very clean hands of course.
76487415300__B464AD3B-179A-4753-B748-C01C956146AA.jpeg
 
View attachment 45161
I was filling up some bottles when I noticed that these two bottles, both brand new from the same box, filled with exactly 2.500g with the exact same oil, look like they were filled with different amounts.
Attar bottles like this especially the cheap ones vary slightly and sometimes significantly in internal volume.
That’s why I always appreciate when someone sells oils in grams instead of ml. If I had filled the same bottles with a thicker more dense oil, they would look different, if I filled them with alcohol, even more different, if filled with coconut oil they’d look different because of the differences in density of the liquid and the variation in bottle volume.
I actually saw a vendor selling Oud oil by the gram here in Saudi for the first time. Wish I saved the name.
 
Vietnamese Char Agarwood “Triple Super”
Does it go past "triple super" or is that as super as it gets?

Is this crassna or sinensis? Can one generally assume one or the other when hearing about Vietnamese woods like this?
 
Does it go past "triple super" or is that as super as it gets?

Is this crassna or sinensis? Can one generally assume one or the other when hearing about Vietnamese woods like this?
I think grades vary. They use “super” here in Saudi. Whereas you might see Vietnamese grade it as “A” or “AA” or “A2”. This particular one comes from an old Oud tree as claimed by Batalat Oud in Khobar, Saudi Arabia. It doesn’t specify the types you mentioned.I reach out often to these guys to see level of care, response-time, history, location of HQ,,,etc. The owner himself actually called me back when I reached out by email. So I will pass on your question. Haven’t burned it yet.

Edit: burned it on low coal. Nice but not “Triple Super” nice. Got in touch with same guy via his number. His customer service answers. They say they don’t know the name of the type of tree.

@Mr.P
 
Last edited:
IMG_4265.jpeg


And that’s just part of this Dubai wholesaler’s collection. Not the best wood, but I’m making a documentary for Agarwood Eco Capital covering London, Dubai, Jeddah, Mecca, Nairobi, Bangkok, Trat and Chon Buri where the plantation is based.
 
Back
Top