I used it up; the wood was paper-thin and only lasted about four hours. But I enjoyed it while doing inventory. I now have some chunks burning. I just turned it on. And you all were right, I did find the sweet spot once I got a sub. The Shoyeido wood heater just doesn't work with chunks, and I reserve it for granulated incense.
Excellent, you won't look back. That's pretty standard for a flat chip. Nice resin lines though.
 
Oud agarwood sinking
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
    IMG_3556.webp
    101.1 KB · Views: 128
Some sinking antique kyara pieces,
not completely sure about the quality,
cause in area of burning chips im completely new, so its hard to describe it and compare it.
At room temperature it emits somehow smoked aroma, it reminds me somehow smoked prosciutto, not completely like that but this is popping in my mind.
When you burnt it, it emits very dry woody antique aroma like old cabinet.

Good way how to test sinking is vacuum sealing, probably there will be little piece of air bubble, depends on shape of chips, but this way chips will not get wet.
DSCF0200.jpeg
73C77DD0-C23E-4977-B7ED-3B1153FC2CD7.jpeg
DSCF0177.jpeg
DSCF0216.jpeg
IMG_7279.jpeg
IMG_7293.jpeg
IMG_7229.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
    IMG_7253.webp
    67.3 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Some sinking antique kyara pieces,
not completely sure about the quality,
cause in area of burning chips im completely new, so its hard to describe it and compare it.
At room temperature it emits somehow smoked aroma, it reminds me somehow smoked prosciutto, not completely like that but this is popping in my mind.
When you burnt it, it emits very dry woody antique aroma like old cabinet.

Good way how to test sinking is vacuum sealing, probably there will be little piece of air bubble, depends on shape of chips, but this way chips will not get wet.
View attachment 47654View attachment 47655View attachment 47656View attachment 47657View attachment 47658View attachment 47659View attachment 47660
Kinda looks like that stuff that’s def not kyara that someone was trying to offer here and now on etsy. The smell you described is also not kyara-like. Hopefully you didn’t pay too much or order from that guy on etsy.
 
Kinda looks like that stuff that’s def not kyara that someone was trying to offer here and now on etsy. The smell you described is also not kyara-like. Hopefully you didn’t pay too much or order from that guy on etsy.
This stuff which is obviously and clearly not kynam/kyara:

 
Kinda looks like that stuff that’s def not kyara that someone was trying to offer here and now on etsy. The smell you described is also not kyara-like. Hopefully you didn’t pay too much or order from that guy on etsy.
Yeah my first reaction was "ruh roh!" (Gen X, too much Scooby Doo). hope I'm wrong.
 
Yeah my first reaction was "ruh roh!" (Gen X, too much Scooby Doo). hope I'm wrong.
Here I was thinking it was another Ruh I hadn't heard of ...... 😂

But regarding Bonjt's piece could it just bee a piece of sinking agarwood? Some pieces I've seen cut open look like that. So while the scent was a bit strange to hear about, it could still be fairly value, if the price was of course reasonable. I really doubt he purchased it from that other Etsy listing, that one is just screaming fake
 
Last edited:
Here I was thinking it was another Ruh I hadn't heard of ...... 😂
I am literally cackling here.

"Now, for the first time in the western world: Ruh Roh a unique fragrance that smells entirely unlike what it is supposed to smell like."
 
I am literally cackling here.

"Now, for the first time in the western world: Ruh Roh a unique fragrance that smells entirely unlike what it is supposed to smell like."
Hahaha Mr. P you literally stole the thought going through my head! You should name a blend or a fragrance after it! 😆

But you know now that I think about it, an incense fragrance named Ruh Koh (from the Japanese for Incense) would be kinda sick sounding
 
Back
Top