[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@JohnH, nice pics, love those storage boxes for both the oud and essential oils!

You have a fantastic collection of essential oils! I've thought about getting some essential oils to train my olfactory perception, and deepen my experience of oud oils, this was something @Al Shareef Oudh suggested and it makes sense to me. My hesitation is only that it would be spending money for something other than oud oil. . But if it trains my appreciation I should do it!

So what do you think: Does your familiarity with EOs have help you in this way?

I have been using essential oil for the past 18 years, and the benefits are numerous. I use them for relaxation, hormonal balance, creative stimulation, immune boosting, nausea, motion sickness, child birthing (only twice, haha), burns, etc. I have been buying from Nature's Gift since 1998; love that company! And I completely agree with the "training of olfactory perception and deepening one's experience of oud oils". I feel that I am able to pick out so many more notes in oud because I have an extensive reference point through familiarity with so many essential oils. I love being able to give a name to the notes in agarwood oil, being able to say, "that smells like vetiver or sandalwood or jasmine, etc., etc.". However, I completely understand your hesitation about sinking money into anything other than oud! :/ Since getting into oud, I have seriously curtailed my spending of other things... including clothing and shoes and... well, pretty everything! 😉
 
Back
Top