Nepalese Musk Grains:
The scent profile is different from Kashmiri, Siberian, Mongolian, Tibetan, and Anuha.

The more I try Musk, the more it dawns upon me how little we know and how limited our experiences are. And many more aspects of musk based oils.

I wish dearest Mandeel were active on the forum today!
Wish him health and happiness!

insha'Allah, now more Nepalese grains I will acquire. Novelty has beauty!

View attachment 12137
Would love to get a few grams of the Nepalese musk grains! I have not seen him in a long time. I pray he is healthy and doing well.
 
I miss mandeel as well - he had a great positive attitude and passion.
 
Ingredients:
  • Grey Ambergris
  • Nepalese and Tibetan Musk
  • Mysore Santal
  • Oud Oils
  • Blend of Floral and Herb Oils

It is getting thick with the passage of time. A year before I had macerated Musk Ambergris in Santal, but Nepalese Musk I added a few months ago.
[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
 
First Step towards Distillation:

Though I could succeed 51 per cent, the venture made me learn a lot. Taboos and superstitions got brushed away.

I have planned to distill different ingredients one by one to know the differences in distillation process and aroma.

Two distillations I have actualized but with less raw material.

[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
    IMG20200608095029.webp
    97.2 KB · Views: 350
This is today's project:

At the moment, my focus is to learn about temperature and different ingredients. Moreover, I have distilled sandal and artemisia and sandal and mace. And next as per list is frankincense, frangipani and mace.
Sandal I have acquired in kg's. So, it will be present in majority of distillations.

If any respected members have read any book about the fundamentals of distillation, please share the title with the author's name.

Thanks

[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
 
Nepalese Musk Grains:
The scent profile is different from Kashmiri, Siberian, Mongolian, Tibetan, and Anuha.

The more I try Musk, the more it dawns upon me how little we know and how limited our experiences are. And many more aspects of musk based oils.

I wish dearest Mandeel were active on the forum today!
Wish him health and happiness!

insha'Allah, now more Nepalese grains I will acquire. Novelty has beauty!

View attachment 12137
Nice One Rai sab, You forgot me Sir !
 
Hehe, no, those chips are not actually from AH. I placed organic Bengal oud chips because I burnt all my decent chip but wanted to put some to take a picture. I guess I tricked you successfully. :Laugh:😀
Edit: sandalwood are from AgarwoodAssam Zak bhai.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top