Nepalese Musk Grains:
The scent profile is different from Kashmiri, Siberian, Mongolian, Tibetan, and Anuha.

The more I try Musk, the more it dawns upon me how little we know and how limited our experiences are. And many more aspects of musk based oils.

I wish dearest Mandeel were active on the forum today!
Wish him health and happiness!

insha'Allah, now more Nepalese grains I will acquire. Novelty has beauty!

[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
 
Assalamualiikum
Mr. @Rai Munir Saheb! I know You have Green Papua 2004, and now I saw the new one. Would u like to tell me What's the difference between the old one and the new one?
Waalaikum asala'am, respected Osama

Well, GP is the oil whose beautiful aroma kept me enthralled for two years. No doubt, exceptionally beautiful tropical jungle, fern, snapped off branches and grass and oudy incense. Longevity is incredible.

But, it turned to be monotonous and overly camphoric. Card board smell and sticky nature disturbed me as well.

The most loveable attribute of the oil is its behaviour in musk Santal maceration.

Quoted post made me recall the oils I loved when received, but some I swapped after a few months, and GP I used in musk.

You will love it, in short. I am sure. So, go ahead.
 
I thought I'd grab a photo of my burnable material. Hmm. I didn't realise how much I had...

Would be interested to see others' collections!

Box #1 - "top end" woods, ~5g+
[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos

Box #2 - also top end but in smaller quantities
[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos

Tons of smaller bits that I'm close to finishing and Agar Aroma / Azman ouds
[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos

My HabzOud woods

[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos

Frankincense....from these I've bought perhaps 3 (why, I don't know as I hardly burn it and already owned loads). So thanks to all vendors with their genorosity in supplying these (especially Ish @Royalbengalouds)

[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos

And sandalwood - same as above, I think all that *I actually bought* from all this is at the top right - the 70s Mysore from Imperial Oud. So again, thanks (especially Ish @Royalbengalouds - the majority here are from him!)

[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
 
Last edited:
Some fun new acquisitions!
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
    00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200429195033485_COVER.webp
    208 KB · Views: 452
  • [Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
    00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200429194959468_COVER.webp
    84.1 KB · Views: 453
  • [Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
    00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200429194922914_COVER.webp
    122.1 KB · Views: 439
  • [Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
    00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20200429194849544.webp
    143.4 KB · Views: 466
  • [Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
    IMG_20200429_193757.webp
    133.3 KB · Views: 447
  • [Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
    IMG_20200429_193815.webp
    136.6 KB · Views: 466
  • [Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
    IMG_20200429_154752.webp
    84.2 KB · Views: 459
Sri Pada:thumbsup:
It means IO have some in reserve.

Everything is more than impressive.

Haha - nothing in reserves - it was a trade with a fellow ouddict. Sri Pada is intriguing - it has elements of a trat oil with it's outerspace florals but also elements of what sri lankan oils smell like too! A great oil - was this a co-distillation? I feel like I remember it was released with 2 other oils. Was one of them ceylon royale 1? - both have similar dry downs, but VERY different openings.
 
Haha - nothing in reserves - it was a trade with a fellow ouddict. Sri Pada is intriguing - it has elements of a trat oil with it's outerspace florals but also elements of what sri lankan oils smell like too! A great oil - was this a co-distillation? I feel like I remember it was released with 2 other oils. Was one of them ceylon royale 1? - both have similar dry downs, but VERY different openings.
Just kidding. If it were with him, I would have got it again and again.

Well, now it emits vibes of Ceylon and Malaysian Oud. But I love this oil.

The rest of two were Sigiriya and Wilipatu, if my memory doesn't fail.

Exactly, quite different opening, and Ceylon Royale's opening is more Ceylonese (Walla Pattian).
 
my only real "issue" with some sri lankan oils is their power/strength doesn't seem that great - their dry downs are all amazing, but I think because of the volatile/terpy nature of their top notes, the middle and base doesn't always pack a punch when it comes to silage. The only sri lankan I've smelled so far where this doesn't seem to be the case is with Oud Royale walla version - where it's a darker more traditional tone throughout that is just a little more noticeable.

I may take the advice of one ouddict here who mentioned taking a break from oils and wood for a week. Feel like I have too much scent going on around me that I don't realize just how strong all these aromas are. A little break will make the reunion that much better!
 
my only real "issue" with some sri lankan oils is their power/strength doesn't seem that great - their dry downs are all amazing, but I think because of the volatile/terpy nature of their top notes, the middle and base doesn't always pack a punch when it comes to silage. The only sri lankan I've smelled so far where this doesn't seem to be the case is with Oud Royale walla version - where it's a darker more traditional tone throughout that is just a little more noticeable.

I may take the advice of one ouddict here who mentioned taking a break from oils and wood for a week. Feel like I have too much scent going on around me that I don't realize just how strong all these aromas are. A little break will make the reunion that much better!
Spoken like a true addict, I mean ouddict! , take no offense i personally will wear half a dozen oils in a day because im just that ouddict!

However what you say is absolutely 100% true about becoming desensitized...good luck staying away !
That's something that would have to be forced upon me
 
Some new wood pickups 🙂 I haven't actually bought anything or treated myself in close to a year and I've sold a bunch of stuff lately so I figured I can make a guilt-free, zero-cost purchase with some funds from my sales.

Here's Nha Trang and Sinking Indo (Sumatran) by the Attar Store. The sinking is fantastic and the nha trang good (excellent value for money)

[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos [Ouddict.com] Oud Photos

New buys from Al Shareef - the Maurake & Nusa Tenggara. Haven't burned these yet but will try on charcoal later! I still need to order a new power supply to replace my electric heater's blown supply. Look at the size on the Maurake!! 20g piece

[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos [Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
 
Forgive my crass sense of humor...but how odd is it that something which looks like a giant ball of earwax can be oh so beautiful? Or musk pods which vaguely resemble certain half of the male anatomy smell the most divine of all?

I wish my body naturally smelled like that....without having to spend thousands, that and the whole having my appendage ripped off i would not go for either. Thats a bit too "reek a la Theon Grayjoy for me!
 
Back
Top