[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
thanks to generous Mr koolaid79 for giving me one of his v vials to put my Royal Malaya in
 
Fresh Sandalwood Oil Acquired from Mr Tajul Bakshi

He doesn't deal in Sandal at all, but I was sure, he can provide with six tola pure sandal oil. Otherwise, the situation in India is known to us all. He graciously accomodated me and acquired oil from his friend for me. After many months, last day I received the package.

Though the oil seems to be fresh and edgy, the scent is nice, and time will make it smooth and sober.

Happy to have it.

[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
 
Sliced off a little bit from a baby king Filipino piece from @Habz786
Little white bits are leftovers from me cutting into something last night and not realising I'd cleaned properly, so bits of it was scooped in along with the Filipino dust :Cautious:

[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos

Also my neighbour's cat cause he's super cute and I really like him. He's a bastard though, keeps coming in for a treat and then just walks back out :Roflmao::Roflmao:

[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
 
Today I received a call from my vendor from whom I acquire Musk Grains and Sandalwood to see him.

I had requested him for dry Nepalese Musk grains and Sandalwood.

There was the hunter as well, who made me see a plastic bag full of fake pods. Oh gosh! Artisanal pod, and home-baked grains. And grains smelt near to pure Musk. How difficult it is for a newbie and only grain buyers to know about the purity and authenticity of grains!

Anyway, I acquired a few grams of Nepalese Musk.
[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos

The following are fake pods with tolas of grains:
[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos [Ouddict.com] Oud Photos


Second, Mysore Sandalwood piece. Though I had requested for a piece of Ceylon Sandalwood 1 kg, I got a piece of Mysore instead. After a month one kg chunk would arrive.
[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos [Ouddict.com] Oud Photos [Ouddict.com] Oud Photos

It was great day today.
 
Much easier to get sandalwood in Pakistan , I see people selling but I just can’t get the proper paperwork from anybody in Pakistan, they have all offered faked paperwork.
And today, with fake musk pods, I saw fake sandalwood. Polished and made aromatic. Again, not easy for a newbie to identify whether it is pure or not.

I have learnt one thing: Things in hands is the only way to know about the authenticity and purity of anything. Pics are the best ways to deceive the beholders. At a distance, beauty and scent lie in the eyes and nose of beholder only.
 
Last edited:
The chisel that I ordered arrived and initially I thought it was too big. Have sliced a chip up using it and it's great, think I now need a rubber mallet. Also I can't imagine that my neighbour is too impressed by the banging

My new hand saw arrived too and is awful. I have 3 and one is just okay so I'm going to try and get a decent one at least and bin the rest

[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
 
MashaAllah! How you mesmerise us with your experimentations br Rai.

Success with your endeavours إن شاء الله :praying:
Thanks a lot, respected Bilal.

In fact, each new venture unveils new dimensions. A couple of years before I prepared a tincture but couldn't use that. A few months before I prepared again in a tiny jar and found that outstanding. Mr Ensar was hundred percent correct whatever he said about Musk tincture in one of his videos. Literally deer musk skin scent and intact Musk aroma I experienced in that tincture. This is why I initiated this new venture.
 
Back
Top