Habzoud : Muhib
[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
 
Today I got my first Oud oil samples order. I went a little crazy and placed 5 orders of mostly samples. I think after I go through all of them I’ll get a pretty good idea of what I like.

My first order is from Imperial Oud. I got samples of Pursat Imperial, Yunan Vintage and Burma Citron. They also added two extra samples, one Rose and the other Chypre. I’m going to guess Chypre is a blend and Rose is either a blend or just Rose, couldn’t anything about either on their site.

They all smell great, but I’m very excited to try them on skin.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
    BD9112B9-0FC1-425B-AC76-75208F453B43.webp
    176.1 KB · Views: 460
Be curious to hear what your yunnan smells like. I have a sample of a yunnan oil from ASO that reminds me very strongly of some oud that was sold as being of Indian origin by Liberty Natural Products back in the early 2000’s. I am confused as to what the “yunnan” profile is as i have read various vendors’ descriptions and am trying to understand what notes (if any) enable one to recognize oud from this region. I feel like I have a handle on Hindi, thai, Lao, hainan, and papua but no clue as to what makes yunnan yunnan.
 
Lousy close-up of the bottom right piece of Kalimantan agarwood I posted in another thread. Really shows how different lighting conditions can make chips look so different haha. This is how the chips actually look like :Inlove:

[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
 
What is it?
 
Back
Top