Received Today:
At the moment much eager I am to wear Borneo Zen: Why? MUSK n just MUSK
[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
 
So sorry that's a bit of an old post, but oh my word! when I heard of ouds being a paste I had no idea it looked that amazing! I bet it takes a micro-drop of that for it to stay with you all day long!

I prefer an oil to be in the middle not too runny and not too thick. Really thick oils finish quickly but you are right they stick well and are long lasting. At the start i used to think thicker means better/stronger however that is not the case. Thicker oils are more fun to look at though lol
 
I prefer an oil to be in the middle not too runny and not too thick. Really thick oils finish quickly but you are right they stick well and are long lasting. At the start i used to think thicker means better/stronger however that is not the case. Thicker oils are more fun to look at though lol

Really? Wow, haha yea I thought that a thick oil meant that it was stronger, and of higher quality, that's why that photo looked amazing to me haha. Shows that I still have so much to learn!
 
@Youssef many people have this misconception not only you i did also and have heard many people say it. I do like a oil to stick as it also easy to find the spot where its been applied after some time. Runny oils are easier to spread when applying especially on cloths
 
@Youssef many people have this misconception not only you i did also and have heard many people say it. I do like a oil to stick as it also easy to find the spot where its been applied after some time. Runny oils are easier to spread when applying especially on cloths
Thank you so much for your input, I am learning so much! So sorry for all of my questions, but is the strength of the oil the same between a runny and thick oil? Such as if I were to put the same amount of a thick and runny oil on my wrist would one last longer than the other?
 
It depends on the oil not the viscosity a thicker oil can be stronger or weaker and like wise for a runny one. Questions are great as thats how you learn so ask away thats what the forum is for :Thumbsup:
Oh! Yes, I guess it does, that makes a lot of sense, haha. I guess you really have to judge an oil, by the oil, and nothing else! Thank you so much for your knowledge brother, it really helps!
 
Really? Wow, haha yea I thought that a thick oil meant that it was stronger, and of higher quality, that's why that photo looked amazing to me haha. Shows that I still have so much to learn!

It depends some normal oil with age change to thick but also some professional distillers make oud oils thick like honey and not everyone can make it same some of them make it more thick like boring wax
 
Back
Top