I can imagine. The ones who buy these woods probably know exactly what they are looking for and what is being sold too. I feel like that there is so much that even those of us on this forum simply don't know about Kinam, it's types and it's aromas, etc.
for sure, but it is also about which family had the kinam in their possession prior to auction
 
high quality wood both in extreme quality and also reasonable prices. Not all auctions are museum quality wood but a lot are very high quality and very good prices
 
Last edited:
2 Brunei pieces and Malinau got as gift 😀
[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
 
@iori
I am just wondering... those pieces in your hand.....how long would they last you in a session?
Would you burn them as is?......or would you make smaller pieces with them?
Am curious...
 
Ambergris
[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos

Chunk Turned to Tiny Pieces
[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos

Macerated in Sandal
[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos

After Shaking the Bottle
[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos


I macerated it just 35 minutes before to observe if the oil turns black or not.
Recently I watched some videos that showed the oil turned black instantly or turned very dark when ambergris was macerated.

If one has pretty good experience in this connection, please shed light on this aspect.

Thanks
 
Ambergris
View attachment 21771
Chunk Turned to Tiny Pieces
View attachment 21772
Macerated in Sandal
View attachment 21773
After Shaking the Bottle
View attachment 21774


I macerated it just 35 minutes before to observe if the oil turns black or not.
Recently I watched some videos that showed the oil turned black instantly or turned very dark when ambergris was macerated.

If one has pretty good experience in this connection, please shed light on this aspect.

Thanks
To me also this has happened.....but it may be the mature ambergris or white. This I found takes a little longer to eventually darken the oil but not to black..
Golden/brown ambergris I have observed also turns darker but not black within a few days....
I have broke ambergris and also put in a lump and I find that sometimes small sea pieces can be seen after it dissolves...a very small squid beak I found once......
Monitor for a little longer......
 
Oud Laosi by Craft Oud (Dr Parasun): I was already into his Oud Ashoka, King Kalakassi and Sandal Supreme II, now this pristine Laosi (Laotian Oud) is here. A little bit civet in the beginning is breathtaking for me. Woody civety oudy, Oudy civety woody and many more probabilities are there to experience in its single swipe. First, it appeared to me close to skin, but the aroma evolves and unveils its beauty slowly but steadily. (Never imagine it similar to Ensar's Civet Oud at all as Laosi is deep, complex, masculine and kaleidoscopic.

When it was delivered and I sniffed, I though some musk or civet or Castoreum maceration jar is left opened on the table, but it was Oudy animalic. Well, this animalic is not ordinary and monotonous at all. It is so subtle and silky that made me think it is an attar, but it is not. Woody backbone is perfect and dark spice and musky floral touch is there too.

In short, pleased to have it.
[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
 
Ambergris
View attachment 21771
Chunk Turned to Tiny Pieces
View attachment 21772
Macerated in Sandal
View attachment 21773
After Shaking the Bottle
View attachment 21774


I macerated it just 35 minutes before to observe if the oil turns black or not.
Recently I watched some videos that showed the oil turned black instantly or turned very dark when ambergris was macerated.

If one has pretty good experience in this connection, please shed light on this aspect.

Thanks
How has the ambergris settled?
 
Back
Top