This place feels a little bit more like a community / neighborhood when people share a bit about their interests, i for one am interested in hearing what ouddicts are up to, listening to etc. especially because this forum brings people in from so many different parts of the world and a wide range of ages and life experiences.
I agree, it is very lovely to see other people’s lives through this community and how they grow.
 
Today’s song of the day is “ Angel” by Massive Attack. This song is very dark and mysterious and gives off the vibe of the older blade movies. It is very gothic and just a cool sounding song in general. I would say that this song is pretty much a perfect song in terms of its genre and sound towards more dark gothic vibes. Its timing feels perfect, the beat is very dark and mysterious and everything comes together beautifully with haunting vocals. It was released on the album ‘Mezzanine’ on April 20th. 1998. This is “Angel” by Massive Attack.
[Ouddict.com] Song of the Day!

Youtube:
Apple Music:
Spotify:
 
Today’s song of the day is “ Angel” by Massive Attack. This song is very dark and mysterious and gives off the vibe of the older blade movies. It is very gothic and just a cool sounding song in general. I would say that this song is pretty much a perfect song in terms of its genre and sound towards more dark gothic vibes. Its timing feels perfect, the beat is very dark and mysterious and everything comes together beautifully with haunting vocals. It was released on the album ‘Mezzanine’ on April 20th. 1998. This is “Angel” by Massive Attack.View attachment 54716
Youtube:
Apple Music:
Spotify:
I first tuned into these guys after seeing the movie Pi - it features this song as part of the soundtrack!
 
I first tuned into these guys after seeing the movie Pi - it features this song as part of the soundtrack!
Oh sweet! I’ve been looking into that movie. I didn’t know it had that! I’ll definitely check it out now. I would like to see how they used it in the movie.
 
Today’s song if the day is “Dagger” by Slowdive. It is a very dark and slower song that has a very somber tone to it. I think it’s a nice song that kind of matches the morning before the sun comes up. It brings me a feeling of peace when I give it a listen. A very calming sensation. It was released in May 17, 1993 on the album ‘Souvlaki’. This is “Dagger” by Slowdive.
[Ouddict.com] Song of the Day!

Youtube:
Apple Music:
Spotify:
 
Now that I think about it, this is probably the best intro/beginning to a song that I have ever heard (purely my opinion). It is very passionate and drawn out to the most extent of emotion. The song is one of those few that I will call perfect. It is “Strawberry Hill” by the Red House Painters off of their second studio album called ‘Red House Painters 1’ released May 24th, 1993. This is “Strawberry Hill” by the Red House Painters.
[Ouddict.com] Song of the Day!

Youtube:
Apple Music:
Spotify:
 
Today’s song of the day is “Army Dreamers” by Kate Bush. This song feels more classical and almost mid evil with what sounds to be a mandolin and a very classic piano and other strings. I really like the song writing in this song and the kind of message it gives. The melody is very pretty and the vocals all tie it together with the backing vocals and the soft high voice of Kate. This song was released off of the album ‘Never Forever’ on September 5th. 1980. This is “Army Dreamers” by Kate Bush.
[Ouddict.com] Song of the Day!

Youtube:
Apple Music:
Spotify:
 
Today’s song of the day is “I Can’t Give Everything Away” by Spoon. It is a cover of a david bowie song but much more relaxing and harmonic with instead of the usual synths of david bowies later music, it is much more calm with its piano and other strings with a constant flow, almost a jazzy spin on the song. It jsut feels a little bit more natural. The voice is very nice and a little raspy. I really quite like it. I heard it on the morning radio yesterday I believe. It is a single that was released January 8th, 2023. This is “I Can’t Give Everything Away” by Spoon.
[Ouddict.com] Song of the Day!

Youtube:
Apple Music:
Spotify:
 
Today’s song of the day is “Freakin’ out on the interstate” by Briston Maroney. I don’t really want to write a fat blurb today so I’ll try to keep it quick. It is a very lovely alternative rock song. It was released off of the EP ‘Carnival’ on March 23rd, 2018. This is “Freakin’ out on the interstate’ by Briston Maroney. (One of if not my favorite guitar piece).
[Ouddict.com] Song of the Day!

Youtube:
Apple Music:
Spotify:
 
Today’s song of the day is “Dreamsickle” by Wombo. It is a very lovely indie rock song with a bit of a heavier bass and drum line with very melodic vocals. I quite enjoy this song and queue into it from time to time. It is off of the EP ‘Keesh Mountain’ released March 30th, 2021. This is “Dreamsickle” by Wombo.
[Ouddict.com] Song of the Day!

Youtube:
Apple Music:
Spotify:
 
Today’s song of the day is “With Whom to Dance?” by The Magnetic Fields. This song is a very nice slap dance feeling song that has a sweet tone to it. It is very simple with mostly only a ukelele. The song is very poetic like most all of their other music. It is overall just a nice song. It was released on their third studio album titled ‘Get Lost’ released September 19th, 1995. This is “With Whom to Dance?” by The Magnetic Fields.
[Ouddict.com] Song of the Day!

Youtube:
Apple Music:
Spotify:
 
Today’s song of the day is “Sing a Song for You” by Tim Buckley. This is very much so a bitter sweet song, very classic and soothing. Like a somber lullaby. I enjoy some of Tim Buckley’s music. It gives a nice vibe to the somewhat gloomy cloudy morning of today. It is from the album ‘Happy Sad’ released April 1st, 1969. This is “Sing a Song for You” by Tim Buckley.
[Ouddict.com] Song of the Day!

Youtube:
Apple Music:
Spotify:
 
Today’s song of the day is going to be barebones short because i don’t have a crazy amount of time to write this, today’s song is “When I’m Small” by Phantogram. It is a very nuanced alternative rock song that has a tiny bit of a classic vibe with the scratching and mellow base and drum backtrack. This song was released off of the album ‘Eyelid Movies’ in July 21st, 2019. I would urge you to give it a listen. This is “When I’m Small” by Phantogram.
[Ouddict.com] Song of the Day!

Youtube:
Apple Music:
Spotify:
 
Today’s song of the day is “The Wind Cries Mary” by Jimi Hendrix. Now I believe a good amount of you on here have already heard this song so I won’t go into depth about it other than it is a classic rock song with some very smooth guitar pieces in it. I had a dream with this song playing in it and so I’ve been thinking about it all morning and hearing it play the whole time. I like his music a good amount. The song was released off of the album “Are You Experienced” on May 12th, 1967. This is “The Wind Cried Mary” by Jimi Hendrix.
[Ouddict.com] Song of the Day!

Youtube:
Apple Music:
Spotify:
 
today’s song of the day is “Summer Dress” by Red House Painters. This song is very pretty with the guitar piece being a little unsettling but the resolution of the song is very sweet and full. This is one of their shorter songs at under 3 minutes. The guitar almost sounds like a mandolin and the viola in the back is very lovely. This song was released on the album “Ocean Beach” from their fourth studio album released in March 27th, 1995. This is “Summer Dress” by Red House Painters.
[Ouddict.com] Song of the Day!

Youtube:
Apple Music:
Spotify:
 
Today i’m feeling a little bit more of a funked up vibe so today’s song of the day is “Tainted Love” by Soft Cell. I believe enough of you have heard the song so that i don’t really have to give it a run down . This song was released off of the album ‘Non Stop Erotic Cabaret’ released November 27th, 1981. This is “Tainted Love” by Soft Cell.
[Ouddict.com] Song of the Day!

Youtube:
Apple Music:
Spotify:
 
Back
Top