NewbieOuddie

Oud Beginner
This forum is a bad influence on me...

My Oud collection was this...

IMG_1840.jpg

After discovering this forum my collection now looks like this...

IMG_1839.jpg

I'm really looking forward to getting stuck in to these. They come with a a few freebies too - very small samples but a nice touch. There was a mix up, so my order came in two parts - double samples!

IMG_1841.jpg

I've started working through the samples. Does anyone else think these are a nightmare to get in to?? Requires so much force that the swipe pings up at you (or is it just me).

I haven't the eloquence or vocabulary to review Oud properly yet, but here's what I've tried so far:

Sultan Leather - not a fan, it's quite a metallic/chemicaly smell. Reminds of a cheap Attar that's been bought in a multi-pack.

Oud Extraordinaire - reminds me a bit of Aroha Kyaku but much more tame, only lasted on my skin for a 2-3 hours.

Laos Laosan - I really like this. Lasted easily half the day. Reminds me a bit of Creed Royal Oud. A really easy, mainstream wear.

I full appreciate these are the Newby Oud musings, so I am very happy to be corrected/educated.

Also - any recommendations on which order to work through my new collection?

I was thinking start with start with Aroha Kush and ZaZa Zen, before moving on to Satori Fusho and TWR, and after having got used to them work up to Ertugrul.

Last edited:

EJayB

True Ouddict
So many things on the way that I’m excited about!

AA oils :giving a 2nd try (3)
Ensar :got me on that 2g sale! ( 3)
ASO : always a pleasure (2 Oils) and wood
I’m waiting on a larger order to use in my body care line (Thai oil)
So excited to share the oud experience with A new type of customer through body care. I searched a while to find this oud and I love it so much I keep a bottle around all the time And use it a few times a week. Like today:)

Bigboy

True Ouddict
This forum is a bad influence on me..

My Oud collection was this...

View attachment 12621

After discovering this forum my collection now looks like this...

View attachment 12620

I'm really looking forward to getting stuck in to these. They come with a a few freebies too - very small samples but a nice touch. There was a mix up, so my order came in two parts - double samples!

View attachment 12622

I've started working through the samples. Does anyone else think these are a nightmare to get in to?? Requires so much force that the swipe pings up at you (or is it just me).

I haven't the eloquence or vocabulary to review Oud properly yet, but here's what I've tried so far:

Sultan Leather - not a fan, it's quite a metallic/chemicaly smell. Reminds of a cheap Attar that's been bought in a multi-pack.

Oud Extraordinaire - reminds me a bit of Aroha Kyaku but much more tame, only lasted on my skin for a 2-3 hours.

Laos Laosan - I really like this. Lasted easily half the day. Reminds me a bit of Creed Royal Oud. A really easy, mainstream wear.

I full appreciate these are the Newby Oud musings, so I am very happy to be corrected/educated.

Also - any recommendations on which order to work through my new collection?

I was thinking start with start with Aroha Kush and ZaZa Zen, before moving on to Satori Fusho and TWR, and after having got used to them work up to Ertugrul.
Beautiful!
Is that basic kinam? I can't read the first part?

So many things on the way that I’m excited about!

AA oils :giving a 2nd try (3)
Ensar :got me on that 2g sale! ( 3)
ASO : always a pleasure (2 Oils) and wood
I’m waiting on a larger order to use in my body care line (Thai oil)
So excited to share the oud experience with A new type of customer through body care. I searched a while to find this oud and I love it so much I keep a bottle around all the time And use it a few times a week. Like today:)

Which oils aside from the one we spoke about?

Ersel

Stoudent
Been waiting on a few.bottles from Sri Lanka. One thing after another and after some shipping struggles it’s finally on its way ! A few Tola of amazing quality oil with out The amazing price!
I am not the guy who thinks it’s better because it cost more

Hey Jay,

Where did you order from? I would like to try some Sri Lankan oils as well.

DubOudh

Aster Oudh

I really have to agree with this statement. I did laugh when I read it.....and no...it's not just you.

Last edited:

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
I have nothing coming to me at the moment for now....It is the first time in months that I have nothing expected...which is a rather strange experience. I have had many native American flutes coming to me over the last 18 months plus a lot of camping gear during the lockdown and Ouds to beat the ban. My local parcel delivery service may well start letting go some workers if I maintain my abstinence..:babyangel: