EJayB

True Ouddict
70EE968D-1C3B-4217-84CF-CAF8F1AAA323.jpeg
Anticipating the arrival of oil that will come from this amazing plant! Now just 5 months of growing and untold amounts of hard work and I’ll have that oil!!! Know what it is?

You are correct! Patchouli oil in its first stage . To grow a plant and care for it throughout its life and then to harvest and produce essential oils , concretes , and extractions is my passion and the outlet for my creativity.
A true Pioneer

Johnnyboy

Oud Beginner
You are correct! Patchouli oil in its first stage . To grow a plant and care for it throughout its life and then to harvest and produce essential oils , concretes , and extractions is my passion and the outlet for my creativity.
That is a future goal of mine! I really wanna do some rarer floral enfleurages like honeysuckle or different varieties of jasmine

Taesik Yun

Attar Yun
Staff member
Received two parcels today. OudBase's Bangla sandal royal and assortment, Sultan Pasha's sample pack.
unfortunately, I can't smell much these days. I should wait until my sense comes back... 😭
Sandalwood.jpgSultan Pasha.jpg

Mr.P

oud<3er
That sounds excellent Ejayb. Speaking from an utter lack of personal experience, I have heard patchouli requires a little fermentation before distillation and a loooong distillation to get all the heavy sesquiterpenes. I think they harvest it and let it sit for a while before drying it kind of like is done with black tea .

Mr.P

oud<3er
Those eppendorff tube sample vials kind of irritate me I have to say. They make sense but the lids are all wrong and they annoy me.

EJayB

True Ouddict
That sounds excellent Ejayb. Speaking from an utter lack of personal experience, I have heard patchouli requires a little fermentation before distillation and a loooong distillation to get all the heavy sesquiterpenes. I think they harvest it and let it sit for a while before drying it kind of like is done with black tea .
I do a lot of studying with each distillation. trying to learn but better yet understand what’s going on with the materials. A bit of experimental techniques ,doing different things to the same materials looking for cause and affect. I want to capture all the facets of each material without concern for yields and profit, but to juice the best oils imaginable

ChristianProgrammer

Rabshakeah Oudh
Good news my wood samples arrived from Hazboud and he included frankincense samples
bad news the oil sample was stolen by customs.

I suppose I should ask him what oil he sent since it was obviously lovely enough to steal
hahaha @Habz786

Habz786

Resident Artisan & Ouddict Co-Founder
Good news my wood samples arrived from Hazboud and he included frankincense samples
bad news the oil sample was stolen by customs.

I suppose I should ask him what oil he sent since it was obviously lovely enough to steal
hahaha @Habz786
Glad they arrived minus the oils, they dont usually take the oils so unsure why but it was sultan hojari and ghazal

BTKohler

Oud Beginner