Greetings to Everyone, im an Agronomist & Farmer from Puerto Rico. I recently learned about agarwood trees and looking forward to grow and learn from them during the process. Also looking forward to learn and share knowledge with all this community.

Welcome!
 
I just realized after reading through some of these threads, I AM A COMPLETE n00b.

I have loved oud oils for a long time, but didn't know of such an online forum. I literally just arrived from my first umrah , Makkah & Madina yesterday and was loving the stores like Ajmal, Oud Elite, Arabian Oud, and Abdul Samad Al Quraishi, and another name ending in ...Al Quraishi.

I bought a few inexpensive type, musk maliki, musk nokhbah, sheikha, amber, dehn al oud, (30-90 SAR) oils, 3-6ml, from Oud Elite and upon further inspection, the salesman was kind enough for me to inspect the aluminum bottles that the oil oils actually arrive in, before they fill the glass bottles. I was surprised to see that there were a lot of chemicals and at least 2 different types of alcohol in the ingredients list. He wouldn't let me take photos of the ingredients list. The salesman himself was quite surprised to learn about the ingredients list. He then mentioned that the best shop in all of Saudi Arabia is Abdul Samad Al Quraishi and I should visit them, and warned me that it is not inexpensive.

One can not move 5 steps in Makkah masjid-al-haram without passing an oud store. Anyways, I proceeded to go into the Abdul Samad Al Quraishi store on the 2nd floor of the clock tower mall and they had some very nice stuff, and some of it was indeed quite out of my price range. I bought the "Taif Rose" type for my wife (~$80) and "Crassna Sioufi" for myself (~$130). The boxes came with the spray perfume type and the oil, I wish it was just the oil.

Anyways, the question I have is, should I simply stay away from these stores as they dont have 100% oils? or are their higher end stuff actual 100% oil? Abdul Samad Al Quraishi had 4-5 on the top shelf that were priced 5-8k SAR (after discount) for 3-6ml.

I do appreciate the presence of vendors on this forum, so will tap into their inventory at some point. Thanks in advance of any guidance.
 
I just realized after reading through some of these threads, I AM A COMPLETE n00b.

I have loved oud oils for a long time, but didn't know of such an online forum. I literally just arrived from my first umrah , Makkah & Madina yesterday and was loving the stores like Ajmal, Oud Elite, Arabian Oud, and Abdul Samad Al Quraishi, and another name ending in ...Al Quraishi.

I bought a few inexpensive type, musk maliki, musk nokhbah, sheikha, amber, dehn al oud, (30-90 SAR) oils, 3-6ml, from Oud Elite and upon further inspection, the salesman was kind enough for me to inspect the aluminum bottles that the oil oils actually arrive in, before they fill the glass bottles. I was surprised to see that there were a lot of chemicals and at least 2 different types of alcohol in the ingredients list. He wouldn't let me take photos of the ingredients list. The salesman himself was quite surprised to learn about the ingredients list. He then mentioned that the best shop in all of Saudi Arabia is Abdul Samad Al Quraishi and I should visit them, and warned me that it is not inexpensive.

One can not move 5 steps in Makkah masjid-al-haram without passing an oud store. Anyways, I proceeded to go into the Abdul Samad Al Quraishi store on the 2nd floor of the clock tower mall and they had some very nice stuff, and some of it was indeed quite out of my price range. I bought the "Taif Rose" type for my wife (~$80) and "Crassna Sioufi" for myself (~$130). The boxes came with the spray perfume type and the oil, I wish it was just the oil.

Anyways, the question I have is, should I simply stay away from these stores as they dont have 100% oils? or are their higher end stuff actual 100% oil? Abdul Samad Al Quraishi had 4-5 on the top shelf that were priced 5-8k SAR (after discount) for 3-6ml.

I do appreciate the presence of vendors on this forum, so will tap into their inventory at some point. Thanks in advance of any guidance.
There is a whole resource at your finger tips here so dive into the different sections/forum headings. I am still finding stuff after been on here some years. Welcome aboard.
 
Hello fellow Oudies,

my name is SaBRINa, but people call me Brini/Breenee (just to explain my username). I am 40 y o and from Germany, where I still live with my Indian husband, who just moved here from Delhi a year ago.

I am mainly a lover of ambergris (pure and genuine of course, but amber scents can also be nice) and just started to make my own attars with (almost) only natural ingredients - by doing that, you obviously don't get around Oud and I'd love to learn more about Oud, but mainly I am here to share thoughts and seek advice about perfume/attar making. Even though I'm new to attar making, I read and research about ambergris, musks, oud and attar-making in general for quite some years now, so I do have some knowledge.

I also love genuine animal musks, of which musk rat musk is my favorite atm.

Collecting/buying authentic ambergris and musk and also attars is really my big passion and I often spend hours searching the internet for genuine vendors or read about attar making. I'll show a picture of my collection later, if that's possible.

I spend way too much of my money for whale poop and other animal secretions, but I simply can't resist, it is something magical to me.

I'm quite eccentric (says other people), so to me it's important to wear a signature scent, that no one else has.

I'm a speech therapist, linguist and teacher, I have a masters degree in linguistics and I also studied Indian Philosophy.

I'd also be very interested in sharing experiences about vendors/shops as I made some not so nice experiences - this is also one reason that brought me on this track: the vendor of the best ambergris attar and in general best scent I ever smelled all my live was quite unprofessional and unreliable, even though I was a regular customer and always ordered for ~200 $, so I had to cut ties with this vendors, which means, I can't order this attar anymore - I still have some very few drops left and now I'm trying to create something similar.

Ok, that should be all for now - you can ask me anything you want.

Greets from South Germany
Amberbreens
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Welcome
    20240714_200610.webp
    262 KB · Views: 98
Since I'm new here, I wanted to ask:

I read a few threads now and saw members often writing/recommending to buy certain ingredients from the vendors "here" (in this forum) as it would be better/cheaper etc.

So where do I find these people in here who are also selling stuff? Is there a thread in which I can also see, what all they have? Or are they simply known to the insiders here?

Thanks
Amberbreens
 
Since I'm new here, I wanted to ask:

I read a few threads now and saw members often writing/recommending to buy certain ingredients from the vendors "here" (in this forum) as it would be better/cheaper etc.

So where do I find these people in here who are also selling stuff? Is there a thread in which I can also see, what all they have? Or are they simply known to the insiders here?

Thanks
Amberbreens

The Resident Vendors and Resident Artisans section. They usually make threads on new offerings, some have websites but others you'll have to message them on here and see what's on offer. The issue is, with small batches things run out and inventory is constantly in flux and of course we're all somewhat hungry for oils, and woods so naturally the offerings are somewhat sparser than they might have been in the past.

Also resident artisans often that as a title under their username.
 
Thanks a lot, will look into Ninja Rob.
The other mention: that's where I already order my ambergris and most of my other perfume stuff (apothecarys garden), was hoping to get one or two other suggestions - we'll see. Thanks already ☺️
 
Welcome brother
@Agroviking
Are you planning to Grow Oud trees?
Greetings Kabir,

Yes thats my focus since i have a space that might be an ideal space. I already have a few trees growing on the nursery. It has been a challenge sourcing seeds and not even know they quality. Im here to learn and if anyone its willing to point me in the right direction to further the efforts on pushing the boundaries and the posibilities to agarwood farming in the carribbean.
 
Greetings Kabir,

Yes thats my focus since i have a space that might be an ideal space. I already have a few trees growing on the nursery. It has been a challenge sourcing seeds and not even know they quality. Im here to learn and if anyone its willing to point me in the right direction to further the efforts on pushing the boundaries and the posibilities to agarwood farming in the carribbean.
Being from (now in the States) the Caribbean myself, I've thought about agarwood cultivation.

I've been to Central Vietnam and found the geography and climate to be extremely similar.

What island are you on? Oh I see you're in PR, yes big island and various microclimates.

I'm from St. Croix but now in California
 
Hello members of Ouddict.

This is YS hailing from the tiny island of Singapore. I ventured into the world of aromatics through commercial perfume houses. Over time, I became jaded with off the shelf's fragrances. Not to mention the shift in perfumery direction, prioritising performance over coherency and construct.

Curious about the scent of pure Oud oil, that's when I chanced upon Ouddict forum. To say the least, natural perfumery fits my scent palette to a T.

Thanks to the forum, I was able to connect with 2 Resident Artisans already. Members' responses have been polite and courteous from what I have digested. Happy that I can be a part of this loving community 😀
 
Hello! My name is Steve and I live in Texas.

A friend suggested I try a 25 year tiny sample of Cambodian Oud oil and it blew my mind.

I’ve gone deep down the rabbit hole - already spending between $40 and $500 for oils, and am obsessively reading this forum. Already regretting not knowing some of you long enough to have gotten in on things (e.g. MesOUDs Yavuz) but hoping to be here for the next great releases!

I never knew a scent could be so captivating, that it could change over time… I’m hooked! Nice to be here, thank you for having me!
 
Top