Hello all. my name is maria. I have spent the past twenty five years homeschooling three sons on three different continents. Now that im retired, a friend asked me what i would do To bring myself joy. I looked long and hard at my lemon tree- i know this is an oud forum, but have you ever smelled lemon blossoms? I said i didnt know but would likely have something to do with natural scents…here i happily am.
I would love to smell fresh lemon blossoms - citrus blossoms are one of my favorites. Welcome!
 
Hello all. my name is maria. I have spent the past twenty five years homeschooling three sons on three different continents. Now that im retired, a friend asked me what i would do To bring myself joy. I looked long and hard at my lemon tree- i know this is an oud forum, but have you ever smelled lemon blossoms? I said i didnt know but would likely have something to do with natural scents…here i happily am.
Lovely story . Welcome !
 
Hi Everyone!

This is Naveen from India - Bangalore.
I’m thrilled to join this beautiful group where the love for Oud runs deep. There’s something truly magical about this precious fragrance—its rich history, its deep spiritual connection, and the way it lingers in the air like a cherished memory.

Whether it’s discussing rare blends, sharing sourcing tips, or simply admiring the art of Oud, I’m excited to learn from all of you and share my own passion.

Can’t wait to connect with fellow Oud lovers—drop your favorite Oud recommendations below!
Anyone from Bangalore here?
Namaskara @Navoud anna. Arama? Pm me. Let’s chat.
 
Greetings!
I found the Ouddict forum by looking online for forums dedicated to incense-making. I am Eastern Orthodox and our churches use incense. I like the smell of incense, so I researched the incense blend in Exodus 30:34. I got some of the ingredients and a few commercial blends with the mixture's theme. I wanted to discuss the blend here with others who are used to making or using incense mixtures.
I made a thread about it here:
All the best.
 
Last edited:
Greetings!
I found the Ouddict forum by looking online for forums dedicated to incense-making. I am Eastern Orthodox and our churches use incense. I like the smell of incense, so I researched the incense blend in Exodus 30:34. I got some of the ingredients and a few commercial blends with the mixture's theme. I wanted to discuss the blend here with others who are used to making or using incense mixtures.
I made a thread about it here:
All the best.
Welcome and great project. @Taesik Yun on this forum is probably the experienced one here but there are many others.
 
I think as a child it was the smell of fresh cut grass in summer time. It was such a comforting scent and reminded me of long warm summer holidays away from school....to be honest.
That sounds pretty cool. Nostalgia is also part of my experience with smoke (legal of course).

Thanks for talking with me.

I've just gotten started with incense blending, and the ones I blended so far weren't like grass... But peppergrass is a grass that I have been considering for incense. It looks like this:
[Ouddict.com] Welcome

But my challenge has been what kind of incense this ingredient would be (Seed, stalk, leaf, seed pod capsule, oil).

Have you seen any grasses used as incense material?

Wishing you the best.
 
That sounds pretty cool. Nostalgia is also part of my experience with smoke (legal of course).

Thanks for talking with me.

I've just gotten started with incense blending, and the ones I blended so far weren't like grass... But peppergrass is a grass that I have been considering for incense. It looks like this:
[Ouddict.com] Welcome

But my challenge has been what kind of incense this ingredient would be (Seed, stalk, leaf, seed pod capsule, oil).

Have you seen any grasses used as incense material?

Wishing you the best.
I haven't no. I am not very well up on making the sticks but here might help you.... https://www.ouddict.com/forums/incense.28/
 
I haven't no. I am not very well up on making the sticks but here might help you.... https://www.ouddict.com/forums/incense.28/
DubOudh,
Thanks for replying. You are right, the incense section is good.
For reference: The main way of making incense in the Jewish and medieval European tradition is by making it in a form like resin drops or powder that can be put on burning charcoals. With the Indian and East Asian Tradition, one also (or more often) makes incense sticks or cones.

Since the tabernacle blend that uses the mystery ingredient of "shekheleth" is in the Jewish tradition, it wouldn't be put in the form of incense sticks, but rather a powder that would be put on something burning like burning wood or charcoal.
 
DubOudh,
Thanks for replying. You are right, the incense section is good.
For reference: The main way of making incense in the Jewish and medieval European tradition is by making it in a form like resin drops or powder that can be put on burning charcoals. With the Indian and East Asian Tradition, one also (or more often) makes incense sticks or cones.

Since the tabernacle blend that uses the mystery ingredient of "shekheleth" is in the Jewish tradition, it wouldn't be put in the form of incense sticks, but rather a powder that would be put on something burning like burning wood or charcoal.
This sounds very much like"Tekhelet" which was derived in ancient times from a mollusc. It was turned into a dry powder for colouring.
How interesting. According to Jewish sages it shall make a reappearance before Mosiach.

​

 
This sounds very much like"Tekhelet" which was derived in ancient times from a mollusc. It was turned into a dry powder for colouring.
How interesting. According to Jewish sages it shall make a reappearance before Mosiach.

​

Dear BubOudh,
It's cool that you know about Tekhelet and the tradition about its reappearance. I wrote about it and Shekhelim on my page here:
Can you please have a look?
I agree that Shekheleth sounds like Tekhelet, but at first glance at least, Shekhalim (peppergrass) sounded more similar to me.
I would be interested in your thoughts on this.
 
Hello Fellow Ouddicts,

My name is Alex. I hail from Michigan, USA, and I am glad to join this community. I am Vietnamese, and as such, grew up with agarwood as part of life. I have used oud incense for years and years, but did not venture out beyond that, in part because it seems so daunting.

Recently, I decided to take the plunge and have started to try oils, attars, and EDPs. My collection right now is very small, but I am loving it. Setting aside the EDPs, I just have steam distilled a wild hainan oil, which I love. I have some samples of white and green Kyara. I have some CO2 distilled wild Hainan coming, and I just ordered the Royal Viet from SULAYM (super excited about this one).

I look forward to learning from this community.

Alex
 
Hello Fellow Ouddicts,

My name is Alex. I hail from Michigan, USA, and I am glad to join this community. I am Vietnamese, and as such, grew up with agarwood as part of life. I have used oud incense for years and years, but did not venture out beyond that, in part because it seems so daunting.

Recently, I decided to take the plunge and have started to try oils, attars, and EDPs. My collection right now is very small, but I am loving it. Setting aside the EDPs, I just have steam distilled a wild hainan oil, which I love. I have some samples of white and green Kyara. I have some CO2 distilled wild Hainan coming, and I just ordered the Royal Viet from SULAYM (super excited about this one).

I look forward to learning from this community.

Alex
Welcome 🙂
 
Top