Marwan Faruq
Oud Fanatic
Hi all:
I've made many oud/rose/musk combination attars (from spicy, to smokey incense, to light & sparkly). I'm getting better at it and I love the combination (it's a classic - who doesn't?). To date, I've used mostly botanical musk accords, maybe some civet absolute, or africa stone tincture.
I'm now working on something a bit more grand. I've got some very very good taif EO, a few ouds that are a step up from what I've used in the past, excellent frankincense, myrrh, iris, geranium absolute, and sandalwood. I need a standout deer musk product. I bought a few well-respected deer musk accords (synthetic) such as the one from Fraterworks. I love the company and the materials they provide, but I'll use the synthetic deer musk elsewhere.
Should I just buy a few grams of grains from Sibermusk and macerate in sandalwood at home? Purchase a tincture (they always seem so expensive and have low musk percentages - which I recognize is the norm)? A maceration (again, so expensive)? A deer musk "attar" that contains deer musk plus a bunch of other aromatics (the high quality black musks you can find from places like Sultan Fragrances)?
I really really just want some old, sticky, half-resinoid deer musk "paste" or something. Maybe I'll just have to make it myself, but I know it will take a LOOOONG time.
Any ideas or vendor references would be APPRECIATED.
Thanks!
I've made many oud/rose/musk combination attars (from spicy, to smokey incense, to light & sparkly). I'm getting better at it and I love the combination (it's a classic - who doesn't?). To date, I've used mostly botanical musk accords, maybe some civet absolute, or africa stone tincture.
I'm now working on something a bit more grand. I've got some very very good taif EO, a few ouds that are a step up from what I've used in the past, excellent frankincense, myrrh, iris, geranium absolute, and sandalwood. I need a standout deer musk product. I bought a few well-respected deer musk accords (synthetic) such as the one from Fraterworks. I love the company and the materials they provide, but I'll use the synthetic deer musk elsewhere.
Should I just buy a few grams of grains from Sibermusk and macerate in sandalwood at home? Purchase a tincture (they always seem so expensive and have low musk percentages - which I recognize is the norm)? A maceration (again, so expensive)? A deer musk "attar" that contains deer musk plus a bunch of other aromatics (the high quality black musks you can find from places like Sultan Fragrances)?
I really really just want some old, sticky, half-resinoid deer musk "paste" or something. Maybe I'll just have to make it myself, but I know it will take a LOOOONG time.
Any ideas or vendor references would be APPRECIATED.
Thanks!
