Ottoman Empire part 2 (extrait) by Areej le Dore.

Never tried the first OE and I am not usually fond of powdery floral type fragrances but I really enjoy this and it is very inoffensive (though I tend to wear his creations when I am at home personally.

On my skin it performs decently but not as powerful as other perfumes from Russian Adam and one other thing is I love the design of the bottle.
 
Last edited:
Spirit of Arabia by Elixir Attar

Such a dark spicy, woody incense scent, which most defiitely evokes fond memories of walking through the souks of the middle east.The whole aroma is underlaid by a very intriguing earthy sweetness coming from the patchouli and date resinoid I believe.Not something you encounter every day and although they don't smell alike, it kinda reminded me a little of the amla oil used by SE Asian women to treat their hair lol.

If there ever was a scent that lived up to its name, this is it!
 
Turath 2 , ASO

A beautiful musky animalic warmth engulfs me ... a feel so lovely
A wonderful blend with Tibetian musk .

Oud Musk Ambergris ......a magical aromatic trio ......what an heavenly feel do they exude when crafted masterfully .
 
Today I’m wearing a mix of Spirit of Japan by brother Ahmed with Elixir Attars layered with Autumn Fire II by Mellifluence perfumes. The warm spicy Japanese incense of SOJ compliments the spicy saffron laced rose/oud/vetiver combo of Autumn Fire. Absolutely perfect.

I went overboard as well and did a swipe of Oud Shauyb behind the ears to add a strong Hindi touch.
 
Elixir Attar - Cohiban Coffee
I get more coffee note on a cold day like today compared to summer which I got more cigar note
It almost feels like two different attar.
This is really comforting, takes me to a coffee shop.

It's a nice one this, but I don't detect much coffee in it at all.The closest it gets for me, is the smell of cold coffee after its been sitting in the cup for an hour or so.

Really want to try this outdoors on skin, but will have to wait until the mask restrictions ease or when I go for a weekend cycle in the country!
 
Went crazy with 6 sprays of War and Peace.
I never get compliments from random people and am not looking for it either but this sure did make a few folks turn their heads. :Devilish:

This scent reminds me of something from my childhood but can not point out what. Something from my maternal Granddad's house. Perhaps, some hair oil he used or an aftershave smelt like this. Maybe, some incense he burned.
I remember when he was 70, he still used to wear ray bans, a leather jacket and ride his Royal Enfield motorcycle. He's my spirit animal. I wish for his health.
 
Elixir Attar - Ghaliyat Tareeq Al Hareer
Still trying to understand this incredibly complex oil.
I sensed a quite different opening today.
a blast of saffron, ambergris, musk, rose, something very terpene-ish thing.
I think I'm starting to 'get' this oil. I was not blown away before but it blew me today. really nice...
 
Back
Top