Taesik Yun

Attar Yun
Staff member
Elixir Attar - Halawiyyat Sharqiyya

Turkish rose + butter stuffed honey cinnamon pastry + dondurma.
incredibly surreal butter accord. a bit too sweet to my taste but a great composition overall.

Ashfaque

Jonoon al Oud
Revenge (2011): Anna Zworykin's green leathery chypre. With the help of galbanum, artemisia, oakmoss, orris, labdanum and a few florals, it is equally austere and alluring. She has some stunning compositions - A Ghost House, Cuir de Russie, Dark Side of the Goddess, Wind From Mount Kailash and many more!

SOB111

Oud Beginner
Rose Imaginaire by Laurent Smal. Co-distilled Turkish and Bulgarian rose, orris, and bourbon vanilla. The rose oil has crystalized in the cold weather.

Attachments

• Rose imag.jpg
    Rose imag.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 134

Bombay

True Ouddict
Revenge (2011): Anna Zworykin's green leathery chypre. With the help of galbanum, artemisia, oakmoss, orris, labdanum and a few florals, it is equally austere and alluring. She has some stunning compositions - A Ghost House, Cuir de Russie, Dark Side of the Goddess, Wind From Mount Kailash and many more!
Never heard of this house, is it a attar ?

Himanshu Sharma

True Ouddict
Bortnikoff's Mysterious Oud after a long time.

He is so good with florals. In my opinion, he's well adept with blending oriental spices and florals and Mysterious Oud is one such example.
He's been getting a lot of criticism lately. I really do not get that. A big chunk of his compositions work for me. Mysterious Oud, Oud Monarch and L'Heure Exquise being my top three from his house.
I do think he should come out with 30 ml bottles though.

Leander

True Ouddict
Kyoto Soul Oil.
I don't have much experience so I don't have the right words, but............
I think it smells like nag champa, but not as musky. And there is a strong floral scent to me. Jasmine? Gardenia? idk
Very pleasant though!

Bilal

True Ouddict
Friday SOTD- Vintage Jubilation XXV by Amouage

Finally after a few years without, was able to purchase a 50ml bottle of this beauty at a fair price AH.A wonderful scent that can be liberally applied without getting sickeningly cloying!

Last edited:

Taesik Yun

Attar Yun
Staff member
Mellifluence - Rever Rouge Imperial
Smoothest concoction I've ever smelled. rose, champaka, lotus on the opening, then transitioned into a creamy sweet musky base.
sexy, dreamy, heady, ethereal.

Base Notes: Oud Yaqoob, Pink Oud, Cambodi Supreme Oud, Sandalwood Abs, Premium Floral Mysore Sandalwood. 2012 Cistus Abs, 2002 Mysore Sandalwood.
Heart Notes: Iris, Grey Ambergris, Costus, Blackcurrant, Atlas Cedar Abs, Saffron, Bushmans Candle Abs.
Top Notes: Rose De Mai, Persian Rose Petals EO, Melanol Isolate, Orange Flower Abs, Red Champaca Abs, Amrettoloid Isolate, Pink Lotus

Alvin Sii

Oud Beginner
2 spray of Agar de noir by Areej Le Dore on my chest area.
2 big swipe of Mythique by Elixir attar on my arm.

I kinda felt these 2 would be good match and yes they did.

I just received Mythique few days ago, it quickly rise up to my favourite tobacco scent, it had perfect balance between gourmand aspect and musky/animalic tone.

Mustafa

True Ouddict
2 spray of Agar de noir by Areej Le Dore on my chest area.
2 big swipe of Mythique by Elixir attar on my arm.

I kinda felt these 2 would be good match and yes they did.

I just received Mythique few days ago, it quickly rise up to my favourite tobacco scent, it had perfect balance between gourmand aspect and musky/animalic tone.
Both masterpieces. Although I chose not to get Agar de noir.