Wearing Sultan Leather Attar Manipur

I haven’t worn this one in awhile. Pulled it out and noticed a rich creamy core that shifted from the amber drydown. The charred woods accord of the opening has subsided and heavier incense comes into play. Projection is insane at this point. I get overwhelmed easily and this is a nose blinder for sure.
 
Ensar Rose by Sultan Pasha today.

I really enjoyed wearing this in the summer but haven’t worn it much since then. It seemed quite quiet while I was just sat around the house, but as soon as I started moving around the projection increased dramatically. My girlfriend said “yummy roses” from the other side of the room!

I appreciate this so much as a blend; how the rose and tuberose mix together and lead into the smooth oud in the base. I would love to smell Oud Yunus on its own.
 
Wearing Sultan Leather Attar Manipur

I haven’t worn this one in awhile. Pulled it out and noticed a rich creamy core that shifted from the amber drydown. The charred woods accord of the opening has subsided and heavier incense comes into play. Projection is insane at this point. I get overwhelmed easily and this is a nose blinder for sure.
Do you get any rose from this at all
 
Attar Maroof by Agarwood Assam

Very bright herbal and citrus opening that dries down into a warmer ambrette, cedar, and sandalwood that still has some spark remaining. I have a feeling that if this came as a spray perfume, it wouldn’t be my thing at all. But as an attar it is denser, without the elements that would otherwise bother my nose. Not bad
 
Rai - about that petrichor. Are you using a mitti attar or some geosmin? Or am I misunderstanding?
 
"Cannagris" by EjayB. Green pungent tart and tangy herbaceous cannabis scent with some mixed ambergris blended in. Top note is all about the cannabis. Ambergris is subtle - nothing stinky or heavily animalic
 
Labdanum Absolute with Burley Tobacco. Divine!
But, the Labdanum AbsoluteI purchased was like tar! Almost couldn't get the stopper out. I didn't really know what to do so I put some DPG in it. Maybe the wrong thing to do but unusable the way it was. Smells awesome! The tobacco was very thick too! Good stuff!!!
Burley Tobacco absolute, oh my!
Btw, I heat the Labdanum in a double water bath, very gently. It enhances the pourability.
 
Back
Top