Reporting again here on the budget sandalwood that I ordered recently from India. I would describe it as a solid mid grade oil... smells like maybe Tamil Nadu if I had to guess origin. It has a nice woody dry down and authentic sandalwood base. Not as vibrant and the base is not as strong as my reference vintage Tamil Nadu oil but this smells like "classic" sandalwood to me... all the right notes are there, a bit of a "musky" quality for lack of a better word. It's a note that some sandalwood has that while not smelling like musk somehow feels musky.

I don't get much of the maple notes that sometimes appear in good Tamil Nadu oils. Top note is sweet and dry at once, classic mellow sandalwood without any strong distinguishing notes like Indonesian oil sometimes has.

It does not show any of the oxidized notes of aged sandalwood that (up to a point) enrich the aroma so my guess is this batch is not very old.

I think as this oxidizes a bit over the next 5 to 10 years it could become quite beautiful. Almost tempted to allow it to have a little bit of air exposure because I feel like it does need to develop a little.
 
The newest Itr Kaafila from Ahom Oud.

This is reminiscent of Kashmir Nuit but with a ton of depth and raw power behind it. The saffron, pandanus, jasmine, Hindi Oud, sandalwood and vetiver are easily identifiable and create excellent harmony. Ironically this should’ve been Kashmir Nuit.
Do you find it soapy green, in a good way ?
I have the older version. Was just curious, how it compares to the newer version which is apparently more refined.
 
There were quite a lot of osmanthus trees in the middle school I graduated from.
in autumn, the smell of osmanthus wafted around the schoolyard whenever I go out to play.

RPP's osmanthus attar brings back the memory of those days.
rich, intact, opulent golden osmanthus flowers. and sweet, juicy yuzu.
the scent feels very dense and warm.

it's not a mind-altering wowzer but very dear to my heart. :Inlove:
 
Yesterday I wore “Spectacle” by Miyaz. The founder of this brand is “Souhayl Attar” who I think quite a few people are familiar with from Instagram.

I recklessly ordered this 1ml attar from Etsy as a blind buy because of the item description, the fact that Miyaz is based in France so shipping to Italy would be cheap and fast, and the reasonable price (€69). This is not something I would normally do as I have a limited budget for oud and attars. It is made up of siberian musk, moroccan rose, Turkish rose, bulgarian rose, white ambergris, sandalwood, hindi oud, aceh oud (according to the description on Etsy).

I was pleasantly surprised by this oil and enjoyed wearing it. Nothing mind blowing, but a good kick of oud and a watery rose before calming down into an earthy base and an airy feeling that might be from the Aceh oud. There was a nice musky smell on my sleeve the next morning. I’m looking forward to wearing it again.

Anyone else familiar with this house?
 
Yesterday I wore “Spectacle” by Miyaz. The founder of this brand is “Souhayl Attar” who I think quite a few people are familiar with from Instagram.

I recklessly ordered this 1ml attar from Etsy as a blind buy because of the item description, the fact that Miyaz is based in France so shipping to Italy would be cheap and fast, and the reasonable price (€69). This is not something I would normally do as I have a limited budget for oud and attars. It is made up of siberian musk, moroccan rose, Turkish rose, bulgarian rose, white ambergris, sandalwood, hindi oud, aceh oud (according to the description on Etsy).

I was pleasantly surprised by this oil and enjoyed wearing it. Nothing mind blowing, but a good kick of oud and a watery rose before calming down into an earthy base and an airy feeling that might be from the Aceh oud. There was a nice musky smell on my sleeve the next morning. I’m looking forward to wearing it again.

Anyone else familiar with this house?
Miyaz has been on my radar for a while. I haven't tried his stuff yet but from the posts and conversations I had with him, I have no doubt they will smell great.
 
good evening tilt, it's a real pleasure to read your feelings here and I take this opportunity to thank you for leaving a comment on my shop .. I launched miyaz a few months ago and I'm still at the beginning of my project. I am very happy that you like the oil. and I also thank my friend taesik for his comment.

Yesterday I wore “Spectacle” by Miyaz. The founder of this brand is “Souhayl Attar” who I think quite a few people are familiar with from Instagram.

I recklessly ordered this 1ml attar from Etsy as a blind buy because of the item description, the fact that Miyaz is based in France so shipping to Italy would be cheap and fast, and the reasonable price (€69). This is not something I would normally do as I have a limited budget for oud and attars. It is made up of siberian musk, moroccan rose, Turkish rose, bulgarian rose, white ambergris, sandalwood, hindi oud, aceh oud (according to the description on Etsy).

I was pleasantly surprised by this oil and enjoyed wearing it. Nothing mind blowing, but a good kick of oud and a watery rose before calming down into an earthy base and an airy feeling that might be from the Aceh oud. There was a nice musky smell on my sleeve the next morning. I’m looking forward to wearing it again.

Anyone else familiar with this house?
 
Attar for this evening MUSKA MAHARAJA IMPERUAL very relaxing loads going on but musk main player to me. [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
Moonlit Reverie (Sultan Pasha): Got my recent SP goodies earlier today. Alhamdulillah, so happy. What follows is my first three hours' impression only:
- So far, this is a tuberose soliflore, with some sandalwood, ambergris infused cold sea breeze and perhaps a hint of gardenia.
- It smells like I'm shoving my nose in some fully bloomed tuberose stocks. Imagine you're enjoying your evening walk in a flower garden somewhere tropical where it rained heavily earlier that day and now it is humid, a bit windy and the air is colder. So whilst breathing in this white floral, you're getting the optimal smell without overwhelming the nose.
- I also get the green facets of tuberose which I typically associate with its green stems. It is also detectable when I take whiffs of fresh tuberose at the initial stage - both slightly- and fully-bloomed ones. IMHO, it plays a very important role of not letting MR veering towards an overtly animalic and leathery tuberose composition.
- MR is sold out at the moment. Buy don't worry as he is making more - just like Aurum D'Ankhor!

On another note, I also received some fantastic goodies from Indonesia today too. All shall be revealed soon! 🙂
 
Could not resist myself. Agar Aura Khmer Kinam 😀

A haymaker from Taha. Given the 2nd collection did not get that much love, I think he has put much more thought and love in this collection.
Do not sleep on Khmer Kinam, Al Arabiya and Java.
How is the Al Arabiya perfume compared to the attar.
 
Back
Top