Nankun Kodo (First Impression): The way a tea like smell, spices and a distant smoke interact on my skin is very calming. It is beyond beautiful. You have captured the smell of of Shoyeido’s NK in the best possible way. I will have to get more Nankun Kodo (Southern Wind) sticks and burn them on my DIY heater whilst wearing this. Love the way Japanese cedar imparts and compliments with its smoky and woody qualities here. The smoke here is a complicated one which may appear simple. To my nose, it is a combination of cedar, possibly some cypress, clove (a smell that we get immediately after it’s peppery facet or thereabouts), the heart of rectified birch tar, perhaps star anise and a touch of oud. This attar is so comforting – especially in cold weather.

Camphor? I get OD of camphor from the sticks. The Attar is built around spices imo.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
EO Iris Ghaliyah v2

Another wearing of this and I can't stop sniffing myself. EO1 (v1), Tigerlust and Iris Ghaliyah are superb composition in "my" opinion.

After the success of getting Iris Ghaliyah blind buy I'm tempted to get the Tibetan Musk by EO ... still contemplating [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
 
Wearing Cheval d'Arabie (Sultan Pasha) for the 1st time. Imagine you stoke a horse and then without washing your hands, you applied a generous amount of Assam belt leathery oud and sparkly rose on that spot. Then in the evening you're sitting somewhere windy and very dry and getting a gentle waft of a nearby campfire. The ambergris, and castoreum makes it louder. Tamed boisterousness. This is Khaliji through and through.
 
Last edited:
Yesterday I wore the two latest chypres from Sultan Pasha: Chypre Chrysanthemum and Chypre Narcisse.

I’ve had samples of these for a while and wanted to make up my mind whether either of them might be included in a future order from SP. I put one little swipe from each on a wrist.

I really like them both and again get the feeling that if these were sprays I’d be bothered by them in some way. CN is darker and more animalic with a beautiful civet and oakmoss drydown. CC seems brighter with stronger citrus elements and gives a very pretty floral sillage. I think I’m leaning towards the Narcisse, though Chrysanthemum might be better suited to the upcoming warmer months.
 
SOTN was going for muska emprior imperial but my eye fell on Ottoman Empire 2 oh man i just had to spray that stuff beautiful amazing way to head into jummah.
 
IRIS CHYPRE I LOVE THIS STUFF
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
Back
Top