SOTD: Crime and Punishment EO

Weathers picked up today, so lets see how this performs under a little heat!

From previous wearings, I can appreciate the musk used in this but the composition as a whole, reminds me way too much of SE Asian hair oils and vintage female perfume for me to wear it comfortably and enjoy it.Glad I only have the tester bottle, so if it doesn't click I'll be gifting it to family.
 
Frankincense absolute is a double edged sword. Captures that nice dry Woody sent like no other frankincense does But every bit of lint and all the cat hair in my house sticks to my wrist when I wear it. It is too sticky for me, which is too bad.
 
Personally I find the arabiya parfum quite different with its attar counterpart, on my skin, it had very dominant patchouli note which I didn't get at attar version
Yeah I’m wearing the perfume extrait now and I’m not sure how I feel about it. I find the clove quite dominant. When I smell around the clove, I can get the golden resin. But it’s probably my least favorite of the new three.
 
In a state of trance from the sampling and sniffing session last night. About 30 different oils.
4-5 unreleased blends and 25 essential oils, absolutes, extracts.
Stunning and exotic experience.

Very pleasant first time experience smelling
- Copaiba balsam
- Rose Anatolia
- White Lotus
- Tube Rose

Tube rose is mind boggling. I grew up in a house where we had tuberose in our front yard. This does not smell like the flower.
I could apply a swipe of this on someones hand and call it Koh Kong or Pursat oil. This is very complex.

The Rose reminds me of walking is the flower markets in India. The exact smell of the Desi Gulab. This is no where close to Ruh Gulab.
This is sweet, and smooth. No sharpness. Makes me smile.

Alhamdullilah, for being able to experience such variety and grade of natural perfumery of the creator. Very grateful to the brother who gifted these to me. I guess I am on EOs for a while. Opens a new door of adventure into natural raw materials and EOs.

The unreleased attars are stunning, I need to get some when they are released.

I am set for new 2 weeks at least smelling things I have never smelled before.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_0532.webp
    109.9 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
RPP - Thai Blue Lotus
I'm in awe. what a beautiful attar it is! it just makes you deeply inhale until you can't take any more air.
blue lotus, clove, vanilla, tonka bean, sandalwood, Sri Lankan oud, and a lot more.
if I'm correct it's the Sri Lankan oud that makes blue lotus go crazy. and ambergris boost that even more.
it's very meditative, calming. Even if I try to do other stuff, this oil makes me close my eyes and focus on its scent.

I'm a bit puzzled because not many folks talk about this wonderful blend. Why?
 
Kyara Ltd 2.0. So incredible.

I bought Kyara Koutan a couple months ago and have worn it maybe 10 times since, becoming quite familiar with it. It is out of this world. Most complex and nuanced Oud I own I think. I have owned Kyara Ltd 2.0 longer but have less experience with it. Trying it again tonight after a bit of time away from it, with my Koutan experience now, I can see a similar central profile. There are many differences in their overall personalities (I think I might like Koutan more, but need more experience with Kyara 2.0), but I can see how they could be compared by some.
 
RPP - Thai Blue Lotus
I'm in awe. what a beautiful attar it is! it just makes you deeply inhale until you can't take any more air.
blue lotus, clove, vanilla, tonka bean, sandalwood, Sri Lankan oud, and a lot more.
if I'm correct it's the Sri Lankan oud that makes blue lotus go crazy. and ambergris boost that even more.
it's very meditative, calming. Even if I try to do other stuff, this oil makes me close my eyes and focus on its scent.

I'm a bit puzzled because not many folks talk about this wonderful blend. Why?
That sounds wonderful!
 
Kyara Ltd 2.0. So incredible.

I bought Kyara Koutan a couple months ago and have worn it maybe 10 times since, becoming quite familiar with it. It is out of this world. Most complex and nuanced Oud I own I think. I have owned Kyara Ltd 2.0 longer but have less experience with it. Trying it again tonight after a bit of time away from it, with my Koutan experience now, I can see a similar central profile. There are many differences in their overall personalities (I think I might like Koutan more, but need more experience with Kyara 2.0), but I can see how they could be compared by some.

Think this should be in oud of day section
 
AA Khmer Kinam
Opens very medicinal, almost cough-syrupy.
Then brings some smoke and cinnamon spice before hitting what I'm starting to think of as that AA signature Dr. Pepper note with a little more vanilla. I can dig for the cooked milk and honey nut smells, but there's a lot of complexity there.
It's more rounded than the Agar Attar. But...does it smell like red kinam? Jury's still out.
 
Tibetan-Mysore maceration on left and Siberian-Mysore on right hand. Both are one year old.

This Siberian smells fruity but pissy at the same time. I smell raw hide, urine with a fruity backdrop. Fruity like a mix of peach and mandarin skins. The animalist aspects were quite faint when I smelt it from the vial but it just wakes up on the skin.

The Tibetan macerate is very different from what I expected. I get blue-green forest notes, some bitter cacao and of course creaminess of the sandalwood and some soft leather. It makes the nose warm when sniffed too deep.
 
Tibetan-Mysore maceration on left and Siberian-Mysore on right hand. Both are one year old.

This Siberian smells fruity but pissy at the same time. I smell raw hide, urine with a fruity backdrop. Fruity like a mix of peach and mandarin skins. The animalist aspects were quite faint when I smelt it from the vial but it just wakes up on the skin.

The Tibetan macerate is very different from what I expected. I get blue-green forest notes, some bitter cacao and of course creaminess of the sandalwood and some soft leather. It makes the nose warm when sniffed too deep.
Thanks for sharing Himanshu.

Curious to know how long have they been macerating in the oil?
 
Back
Top