Thanks for sharing Himanshu.

Curious to know how long have they been macerating in the oil?
Hello Tauhid.
I got these two macerations from Ahmed at Elixir attar. I have been told that these have been macerating for more than a year.
I did some macerations last year in June with Siberian/Tibetan grains and wanted to get a reference point because my macerations(specially the low concentration ones) are not musky at all. I think the key here is to heat the bottles gently once in a while. I imagine, macerations would take longer here in Boston because of the colder temperature.
I am impatiently waiting for 6 more months to pass and then smell mines again.
 
L
Hello Tauhid.
I got these two macerations from Ahmed at Elixir attar. I have been told that these have been macerating for more than a year.
I did some macerations last year in June with Siberian/Tibetan grains and wanted to get a reference point because my macerations(specially the low concentration ones) are not musky at all. I think the key here is to heat the bottles gently once in a while. I imagine, macerations would take longer here in Boston because of the colder temperature.
I am impatiently waiting for 6 more months to pass and then smell mines again.
If the container is small, what worked for me very well is keeping it in my pocket throughout the day.
Also, during some light cardio workouts. The warmth from the body and the constant shaking makes it work. Lazy mans tricks 🙂
 
ASO Ward. Subtle blend well balanced.
 
L

If the container is small, what worked for me very well is keeping it in my pocket throughout the day.
Also, during some light cardio workouts. The warmth from the body and the constant shaking makes it work. Lazy mans tricks 🙂
Thanks you. That's a good tip and it totally makes sense. I'll try that!
 
Mellifluence - Useera 2
Notes: Frankincense, osmanthus absolute, cucumber, vetiver, cypress, pear, pine, rose, ambergris, green pepper, cardamom, Thai oud

I was able to spot pretty all of the notes except a few. it's interesting how 'clear' individual notes are in this blend. they serve a specific role in this composition and there are no 'bridge notes' in this blend. so I feel a few empty spaces here and there between each note. thanks to these empty spaces, it feels more like open-air rather than dense forest air.

this is my first time feeling the effect of 'empty'(or white space) so clearly. the scent itself is not my liking due to the strong presence of pepper and pear. at least for now.

Mellifluence - Musk Maharaja Imperial
I keep scratching my head to make sense of this mysterious smelling oil. It smells so alien.
I can only describe this with broad terms like ambery, musky, deep.
😵 would need a lot of time to understand this one...
for now, I don't like it nor hate it. maybe I'd liked it more if there were less labdanum.
 
Sacra Zensei by Yaseen

Opens up with sharp Hojari Sacra and then becomes a sweet Hojari Sacra. Sweetness from the Ambergris. The sandalwood here is quiet sticky and carries the Sacra and the Ambergris all the way. This Kodo style Santal Album is quiet different than the Indian santal Albums I have experienced . Maybe a bit sweet but the sweetness blends with the sweetness of the Ambergris. There is Deer Musk in it, but I fail to identify.

I have very recently started loving sacra oils after experiencing some very good quality oils.
It’s fun trying to dig through the notes trying to identify the materials.
 
Musk Lave Areej le dore. I like it but not enough for a full bottle purchase. Good longevity and projection which I normally get with Russian Adam's work. I dont really have any fragrances with lavender and I feel like it's not that commonly used so I might keep a lookout for anything similar in the future.
 
Musk Lave Areej le dore. I like it but not enough for a full bottle purchase. Good longevity and projection which I normally get with Russian Adam's work. I dont really have any fragrances with lavender and I feel like it's not that commonly used so I might keep a lookout for anything similar in the future.
MEM by Bogue might be up you're street if you're looking for a stunning twist on lavender
 
Wearing Etude en Fougere by Sultan Pasha today. Fantastic green scent with nice lavender in it. Always love wearing this one after a wet shave.

I love lavender and I think Musk Lave is stunning but also a very strange Lavender... that Osmanthus/candied violets/Amber accord is strong and the lave is soft. My all time favorite Lavender is MeM by Bogue(BY FAR) but TRNP has a lovely Oud/Lavendar/Anise fragrance called Bulgakhov.

it really helps to know if you want a soft sweet lavender in the vein of Caron Pour un Homme or a fresh herbal lavender like Rive Gauche.

my favorite Attars with lavender are Etude en Fougere and Fougere Noir(even better, dark) from SPA but Mellifluence has done a couple nice ones and elixir has at least one.
 
Is this new ?

yep! They just officially released it but I was given a sample with my order of Itr Kaafila II along with an unreleased Shamama Attar that’s coming out soon.
If I may ask, can you please elaborate the experience

It’s an intensely dramatic fragrance. Incredibly strong barnyard opening with rugged, herbal tobacco. Strong leather and woody musk dominate the Attar from the moment you put it on. This is very much the scent of horse stables but at the same time there’s some florals and amber to soften these facets as it dries down.

This is very much a barn lovers dream. It’ll reset your fecal/barn/fermentation tolerance in Oud and just about everything else. If you’ve smelled Panbari Reserve it’s similar in scent but ultimately it’s a continuation of Hindi Tabac.

I realized that if you wear this next to an actual horse stable or cow farm it’s an entirely different scent. It’s sweet, saffron laden tobacco feels smooth and chewy and the Oud almost transforms into a fresh hay field mixed with vetiver and tamarind.
 
yep! They just officially released it but I was given a sample with my order of Itr Kaafila II along with an unreleased Shamama Attar that’s coming out soon.


It’s an intensely dramatic fragrance. Incredibly strong barnyard opening with rugged, herbal tobacco. Strong leather and woody musk dominate the Attar from the moment you put it on. This is very much the scent of horse stables but at the same time there’s some florals and amber to soften these facets as it dries down.

This is very much a barn lovers dream. It’ll reset your fecal/barn/fermentation tolerance in Oud and just about everything else. If you’ve smelled Panbari Reserve it’s similar in scent but ultimately it’s a continuation of Hindi Tabac.

I realized that if you wear this next to an actual horse stable or cow farm it’s an entirely different scent. It’s sweet, saffron laden tobacco feels smooth and chewy and the Oud almost transforms into a fresh hay field mixed with vetiver and tamarind.
Thanks for that brother. I was planning to get it, and after reading your experience, my interest just grew stronger. Did you try the Hindi Tabac too? How does it compare with Hindi tabac?
 
Back
Top