[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day

Rising Phoenix Perfumery - Osmanthus Attar
Mesmerizing warmth of osmanthus... sweet and juicy.
 
Is it really good? I love his musk rose and I’ve had my eye on this.
if you love osmanthus, then you'll most likely love this one. I like the fact JK did not tame down the intense scent of the osmanthus flower which can be quite overpowering to some people. I find it very visceral and true to its raw scent.

It's like surrounded by fully bloomed golden osmanthus trees while having a heartwarming cup of yuzu tea.
 
Enjoying the beautiful gifts from @Elixir Attar 🤲

Love the presentation and packaging.

Narcissus Bouquet, Marasim Ghaliya, Nahawand II, Mythique,Spirit of Arabia,Spirit of the Hellenic Republic,Cohiban Coffee, Maqha Al-Sharq, Halawiyyat Sharqiyya​



Marasim Ghaliya is my favorite. Its a true leather Attar. And as brother Ahmad describes about the Hindi Oud - "To realize this , i used a vintage Hindi oud thats unmatched in its depth and complexity, this oud alone, is enough to blow your mind."

That sweet, stinky(barn) smell of the Hindi Oud is gorgeous, makes me fall in love with this one. Marasim Ghaliya is a clear winner in my heart. This is for the ones who love Hindi Ouds.

Another favorite is the Nahawand II. I let 3 people try this, people who tried Attars almost for like the first time and all 3 of them loved this one. Easily likable.

I also like the Spirit of Arabia and Maqha Al Sharq - A true Turkish bakery like experience. Very creamy, the smell of the milk(few days old) that one gets from they trays on display. I compare it to the Halawiyyat Sharkiyya and I like the Maqha better and stronger.


















IMG_2358.jpg
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2363.webp
    143.5 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Sultan Leather Attar(the legacy not the Manipur Oud edition) is easily in list of my top 3 attars.
It is my #1 Leather Attar, unfortunately I only had a sample.

I was excited to find the new release of SLA Ghaliya. I decided to compare it with the other Leather Attars available to me.

SLA G - Opens Sweet, florals. I can pick Rose and Jasmine. Sharp-tingling to the nose. Radiating sweet.
30 mins after, scent profile still the same.
Past 1 hour, scent profile still the same. the transformation is slow. I enjoy slow transformations.
The oud peaks out way later in the dry down, which is the source of the leather note here. The oud is faint, non sweet barn hindi.

SLA (Manipur Oud) - Opens Sweet, florals. I can pick Rose. Sharp-tingling to the nose. Radiating sweet. Same as SLA Ghaliya.
30 mins after, notes touch of the earthiness developing, I am guess from the Oud.
Past 1 hour, scent profiel still the same. the transformation is slow.
The Oud on this peeks out earlier than SLA Ghaliya. The oud is faint, earthy.

@Elixir Attar's Marasim Ghaliya - Opens sweet, Honey sweet, chocolaty sweet. Ambergris sweet. Deep and subtle sweet. Animalic sweet. Can sense the oud just few mins in.
30 mins after, scent profile still the same.
The Hindi Oud used in this is beautiful. Way better than SLA Glaiya and SLA (Manipur Oud).

The Sultan Leather Attar Ghaliya is a good perfume but not the ultimate Leather Attar for me.
The SLA Ghaliya and the Manipur Oud, both feel somewhat redundant or same. The only difference being the Oud, not very impressive.
I guess the expectation from the house on Ensar Oud and for the price is much higher in my sense.

Amongst the three, I would any day pick the Elixar's Marasim Ghaliya. The sweetness and Oud is much richer. The leather from the oud is much better in my humble opinion.

I have no regret making a pass on the new Sultan Leather Attar Ghaliya.

All this said, Sultan Leather Attar(not the Manipur or Ghaliya) is still my #1 Leather Attar.

I will be curious how these compare with Sultan Pasha Al Hareem.

Brother @Mustafa :handpointup:
 
Last edited:
ASO Zumurrud

Mainly Oud and Musk,
a bit of tobacco and ambergris,
woody.............
and then there’s this presence of
perfume, exotic to my nose,
some resin? a floral?
difficult to tell........
either way, nice scents.

Oud dominant for sure.
 
Sultan Leather Attar(the legacy not the Manipur Oud edition) is easily in list of my top 3 attars.
It is my #1 Leather Attar, unfortunately I only had a sample.

I was excited to find the new release of SLA Ghaliya. I decided to compare it with the other Leather Attars available to me.

SLA G - Opens Sweet, florals. I can pick Rose and Jasmine. Sharp-tingling to the nose. Radiating sweet.
30 mins after, scent profile still the same.
Past 1 hour, scent profile still the same. the transformation is slow. I enjoy slow transformations.
The oud peaks out way later in the dry down, which is the source of the leather note here. The oud is faint, non sweet barn hindi.

SLA (Manipur Oud) - Opens Sweet, florals. I can pick Rose. Sharp-tingling to the nose. Radiating sweet. Same as SLA Ghaliya.
30 mins after, notes touch of the earthiness developing, I am guess from the Oud.
Past 1 hour, scent profiel still the same. the transformation is slow.
The Oud on this peeks out earlier than SLA Ghaliya. The oud is faint, earthy.

@Elixir Attar's Marasim Ghaliya - Opens sweet, Honey sweet, chocolaty sweet. Ambergris sweet. Deep and subtle sweet. Animalic sweet. Can sense the oud just few mins in.
30 mins after, scent profile still the same.
The Hindi Oud used in this is beautiful. Way better than SLA Glaiya and SLA (Manipur Oud).

The Sultan Leather Attar Ghaliya is a good perfume but not the ultimate Leather Attar for me.
The SLA Ghaliya and the Manipur Oud, both feel somewhat redundant or same. The only difference being the Oud, not very impressive.
I guess the expectation from the house on Ensar Oud and for the price is much higher in my sense.

Amongst the three, I would any day pick the Elixar's Marasim Ghaliya. The sweetness and Oud is much richer. The leather from the oud is much better in my humble opinion.

I have no regret making a pass on the new Sultan Leather Attar Ghaliya.

All this said, Sultan Leather Attar(not the Manipur or Ghaliya) is still my #1 Leather Attar.

I will be curious how these compare with Sultan Pasha Al Hareem.

Brother @Mustafa :handpointup:
Jazakumullahu Khayra akhi. Much appreciate your input.

I know exactly what you mean about EO attars. At this price point we definitely expect something special.

I have already spoke with akh Ahmed about Marasim G. I missed out on Rouge attar but don't wanna miss on this one. Marasim sound like a beauty.
 
ASO Zumurrud

Mainly Oud and Musk,
a bit of tobacco and ambergris,
woody.............
and then there’s this presence of
perfume, exotic to my nose,
some resin? a floral?
difficult to tell........
either way, nice scents.

Oud dominant for sure.
I pick up Nusa from the get go (from my scent memory). beautiful composition.
 
That’s so too bad! Sorry to hear it. Glad you’re loving Cheval and CC but man, Aurum is still my favorite of the bunch. I don’t get any burnt smoke or even a hint of licorice. I honestly am shocked to hear our experiences are that different! Hopefully you can test a few more times and possibly return it.
I wonder if the batches came out different? I know my sample was from the newest batch as well so maybe maceration has something to do with it as well?

oops turns out this was already mentioned several times hahah!
 
I wonder if the batches came out different? I know my sample was from the newest batch as well so maybe maceration has something to do with it as well?

oops turns out this was already mentioned several times hahah!
I have 2 samples of it so I’ll keep trying and I’ll give it time. No need to cut the string on the bottle.
The two little sample vials are on a bookshelf and I smell it pretty strongly every time I walk past!
 
I have 2 samples of it so I’ll keep trying and I’ll give it time. No need to cut the string on the bottle.
The two little sample vials are on a bookshelf and I smell it pretty strongly every time I walk past!

Yeah the sample vial projects rather loud for me as well. I can smell it easily from 5 feet away. Don’t get me wrong I don’t hate the scent it’s just the 24-36 hour drydown that kills it for me.
 
Ambergris Oud Jasmine Sandal Attar: I have always been an unconditional lover of Jasmine based blend. In this attar, Bangladeshi Oud (from Ish) and Jasmine Sambac (from Eden Botanicals) complemented each other in a stunning way.

Musk and Castoreum tincture would enhance the depth in attar.
Haven't heard from you for a while, respected Munir bhai. I hope you all are safe and well, In-sha-Allah. Ma'salam
 
Back
Top