Attar Orientale:
Castoreum, Ambergris, Cambodi and Hindi Oud, Jasmine Sambac, Sandal, Benzoin, Patchouli and Oakmoss

Mild sweetness coupled with strong masculine Castoreum Ambergris Jasminized aroma! This very Jasminized masculine base note stays for a long time. I think credit goes to Benzoin and Oakmoss.

A new experience for me.
 
I know some purists believe it is sacrilege to mix so many oudh oils; but i absolutely love it. Classically trained perfumer with a handful of brilliantly distilled oils. Its a wonderful, personal scent. Last of D'Agar by Rasei Fort

[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
Citus Khus II by Mellifluence today

It's nice day outside. Can not really go wrong with Khus.
This is very much like Guerlain Vetiver with some added piney ness and creaminess. If given a choice to stick with one ingredient for the rest of my life, I would choose Khus in a minute.
 
I know some purists believe it is sacrilege to mix so many oudh oils; but i absolutely love it. Classically trained perfumer with a handful of brilliantly distilled oils. Its a wonderful, personal scent. Last of D'Agar by Rasei Fort

View attachment 17826
How does this smell? Is it just blend of oils or some alcohol too? Does it spray well? I do not want to buy it but am extremely curious about it at the same time.
I must say that the presentation is fantastic. Very Rojaesque.
 
Last edited:
Not an attar, but a vintage fragrance - Bel Ami by Hermes. It has a sorta mythical status now - the first bottle, and rightly so. Equisite leather in its drydown - and just overall an extremely classy smell. It doesn't smell too dated and women seem to really like it. It doesn't smell like a "typical" 80s chypre - rather spicy too. Very potent
 
How does this smell? Is it just blend of oils or some alcohol too? Does it spray well? I do not want to buy it but am extremely curious about it at the same time.
I must say that the presentation is fantastic. Very Rojaesque.

On Instagram Rasei is quoted as saying its 25% concentration of blended oud oils - so parfum strength.

Its hard to describe other than he has taken all of the “nicest” facets of oud and showcased them in a single composition.The blending is outstanding and harmonised, and you will clearly detect different regional profiles at different stages of the perfume. Its far from linear. At one point, I swear i could smell very clearly one of EO’s Chugoku oils that I own.

It sprays fine. My only gripe with the spray is that its tricky to hold and spray at the same time, i fear dropping the whole thing.
 
Supercritical co2 extract of Chinese jasmine green tea! It smells just like the tea very clean dry green tea scent coupled to that typical jasmine sambac character. Love this oil truly amazing jasmine tea scent with one drawback - it is pure top note, gone in a flash. Mixed with sandalwood maybe it will last longer.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    9EBAB35C-A8EA-4AAF-9CCE-FD74EDEC7847.webp
    48.2 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Fyi this is not a pure co2 oil. It is some kind of combined co2/alcohol extraction and the liquid is clearly alcohol based... not a strong alcohol scent but very rapid "cooling" evaporation.
 
Malik Al Taif (ALD): Getting more beautiful over time. I clearly detected tonka bean for the very first time today. I enjoy how it and deer musk's own slightly spicy & gourmandy qualities rely on each other during it's trail.
 
Laurent Smal ´S Wonderful

Powerful Oriental scent - fully woody - and chic - slightly flowery

La classe !
 
Last edited:
Back
Top