I am very close to pulling the trigger on this one. I have eagle one, dream gate and a few others.
How is it??? I adore Laurent Smal perfumes
Its totally different from EO or DG. Its on the leathery side of the oud, no barn. Its full body woody, with some clean leather, smoky tobacco, spices, a touch of flower and the incensy drydown of the best hindi oud. If it was not so expensive, it will already be in my collection. His little brother is ´S wonderfull if you have test it. Oud hypnotic is the dark side of ´S wonderful
 
50ml of rksons sandalwood arrived today. this is very nice oil...heavy, woody. It possesses an engaging multilayered top note. one of those layers reminds me of a faint whiff of fine white ambergris, this oil is smooth but not bland. Also a faint almost floral quality which i have smelled in some fine sandalwood in the past. This batch smells a little bit like the last two i have sampled, with characteristics of both.
 
Last edited:
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day


Divine, divine, divine. This rose oil is divinely, I have smelled rose oil before, but This, this is so gorgeous that I am speechless. Wearing this on a rainy day, it's heaven, literally I'm on heaven right now with my significant other. Soft, the most romantic, full of kindness and gracefully delicate petals of rose caressing me, I'm speechless...Ward Lab, wow! Not to mention the packaging and introduction, just beautiful. I will get another bottle as a backup to set aside. ♥️
 
Tsuga Musk Imperial by Mellifluence - ooooo. I do get a Kouros-esque vibe which is exactly what I wanted. I had a sample of the first one and sold off my large sample set by the house - but mistakenly included the original when I wanted to keep it. Jumped on the chance to buy this when it was released. Very good.

Trying out a new house too - Myiaz Perfume (on etsy) - very nice stuff. Last night I tried the 'Amber' scent which is a floraled ambergris attar and now I have on 'enzaflora' which is a floral heavy scent, I can't detect the notes listed as such but just the overall blend comes over as not too feminine (thankfully) and is rather soft, smooth and nicely done.
 
Wearing Khaafila II by Ahom Oud

This one I’d incredible in warm weather. It’s basically a heavier and more dense version of Kashmir Nuit but without the rose. I layered them both today.

Khaafila II shows a heavy saffron, vetiver, and pandanus profile. The Oud used is leathery and musky so it provides some much needed longevity for how airy and fleeting Kashmir Nuit’s top note florals can be. I’m considering picking up Rose de Mai and adding a few drops to Khaafila though. It would round out the entire areas.
 
Juriah by Sultan Pasha.

I've worn it several times now but it's not unfolding its story to me yet. I can't hear it clearly.
for now, what I can hear from it is shy roses and supporting florals that enveloped by suede-like accord derives from Hindi oud, musk. and ambergris floats them lightly.
subtle in scent, yet powerful in delivering. the usage of synthetics in this one is brilliant. though it's a bit overpowering to my nose.

it conjures up the image of a Persian carpet that is covered with flowers in my mind. very Middle eastern, but approachable.
 
View attachment 17863

Divine, divine, divine. This rose oil is divinely, I have smelled rose oil before, but This, this is so gorgeous that I am speechless. Wearing this on a rainy day, it's heaven, literally I'm on heaven right now with my significant other. Soft, the most romantic, full of kindness and gracefully delicate petals of rose caressing me, I'm speechless...Ward Lab, wow! Not to mention the packaging and introduction, just beautiful. I will get another bottle as a backup to set aside. ♥️
Loved all his Rose Oils. If you like to use generously, the Bulgarian is at a very good price. The Nangarhar is divine.
Did you get an opportunity to compare this Taif Rose oil with other Taif Rose Oils you may have?
 
Ruh Khus from Tabeer Oud.
Easily one of the top 3 Oud Khus I have tried. May be the best copper pot hydro distilled I have tried.
No Algae like earthy notes. Fine Vetiver top notes. Very impressive, also priced high like its quality.

View attachment 17893
Agreed. I wore it all day yesterday. It’s scent is almost feels like Oud in the way it transitions and effects your overall demeanor. Umair was telling me he started off distilling Vetiver in Kannauj which totally makes sense because there’s a beautiful sweetness here that almost feels ambery but it’s green and even a touch oceanic. I get these waves of sea salt and umami rich greenery. No earthy notes. No pungent root-like smells. Just smooth and masterfully distilled.
 
Working with the heavy fraction of vetiver oil today , 6 months after the distillation for the first time .
stunningly rich and thick and feels like I’m wrapped in green velvet but smooth in a very friendly way.
mixed into Douglas fir oil with cannabis essential oil tinctured ambergris ( black, brown, white)
All washed in a reduced ethanol extraction of cultivated kinam With just a touch of Vietnamese and Malaysian oud oils for the love of oud🙏🏼
I’m speechless
 
Vetiver by Umair (Tabeer Oud)
Nangarhar Rose by Orzala


This Vetiver is truly Vetiver root oil. Quite soothing and mood elevating it is. A dab of Nangarhar Rose has transmuted the scent scenario.

I had acquired a tola of this Vetiver. If Umair had this batch, I would go for more.
 
Back
Top