Indian Papyrus - Jinkoh Store. I sprayed this over an hour ago and it seems to get stronger and stronger! This composition is perfect for a spray, it's very 'shadowy', thanks to the papyrus and Hindi ouds. Initially it starts off stony and arcane, like walking through the underground cloisters of a forgotten temple, walls lined with ancient volumes, footsteps echoing through endless passages...

Then the skin alchemy begins, a flame in the dark, a pair of glowing eyes, iris lit with shining magnolia amber. The papyrus begins to smoulder at the edges, a hint of carbon but no smoke. I try to make out the manuscript before it burns away, but the warmth of vaporous musk takes over my senses, and all knowledge leaves my mind.
 
Sessile (#123, 2016-17) from Mellifluence: My early morning swipe. Hints of dark green (imagine aged Merauke* without the soil+ aged patchouli), a constant humming of balsamic Hindi/ Cambodian ouds, with a 'quietly wild' castoreum-like vanillic leather and a subtle woody undertone. Quite an enjoyable composition from Abdullah.
 
Indian Papyrus - Jinkoh Store. I sprayed this over an hour ago and it seems to get stronger and stronger! This composition is perfect for a spray, it's very 'shadowy', thanks to the papyrus and Hindi ouds. Initially it starts off stony and arcane, like walking through the underground cloisters of a forgotten temple, walls lined with ancient volumes, footsteps echoing through endless passages...

Then the skin alchemy begins, a flame in the dark, a pair of glowing eyes, iris lit with shining magnolia amber. The papyrus begins to smoulder at the edges, a hint of carbon but no smoke. I try to make out the manuscript before it burns away, but the warmth of vaporous musk takes over my senses, and all knowledge leaves my mind.
Reading that was like a journey lol. Great storytelling 🙂
 
Sessile (#123, 2016-17) from Mellifluence: My early morning swipe. Hints of dark green (imagine aged Merauke* without the soil+ aged patchouli), a constant humming of balsamic Hindi/ Cambodian ouds, with a 'quietly wild' castoreum-like vanillic leather and a subtle woody undertone. Quite an enjoyable composition from Abdullah.

I find the Mellifluence oils take about a year to really open up and reveal their depth. When I first get them, they're kinda like a bit of a mishmash of essential oils - pleasant, but just okay. I bought a ton last year, and they're much better now. I've been wearing a few before reading in bed and quite enjoying revisiting them
 
Firminech vetiver super fluid extract. This co2 oil is very similar to the smooth sweet Haitian vetiver oil I have smelled in the past. I’m so surprised how similar the CO2 extract is to the essential oil… In my experience there’s usually quite a difference between a carbon dioxide extract and a distillate. On another level I’m not surprised because vetiver in general is so unbelievably pungent in its unique vetiverocity that it seems like a good candidate to smell more or less like vetiver regardless of what you do to it as long as you don’t burn it.
 
Oud yaseen “chief”.

When you’re invited into the medicine man’s tipi and the chiefs are gathered passing around the tobacco pipe.

Either that, or if a cigarette company made an attar based on a menthol cigarette, this is probably what it’s smell like lol.

Masterfully created. Smooth transitions
 
Oud yaseen “chief”.

When you’re invited into the medicine man’s tipi and the chiefs are gathered passing around the tobacco pipe.

Either that, or if a cigarette company made an attar based on a menthol cigarette, this is probably what it’s smell like lol.

Masterfully created. Smooth transitions

I enjoyed this one, normally oakmoss/tobacco would give me a 'grey office suit' vibe, but his style is really psychedelic. I'm excited to see how the Yaaseen attars age, the topnotes are super saturated so they should maintain a lot of complexity as they age.
 
“Bois D’Encens” a proprietary frankincense extract from Robertet. This is a very nice dry frankincense with a rich heart that brings to mind both a bag of fresh quality frankincense resin and some tears that have been bubbling on a coal for a short amount of time.

Interesting stuff, definitely quite different from a distilled frankincense oil and in someways a little bit more like a frankincense CO2 I once smelled.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top