So a couple months ago I started mixing oud oils in different vials...as time went by I continued to add....yesterday night I put some on my hand from one mix I hadnt tried yet and was charmed beyond belief for 15minutes before I fell asleep. I woke up and smelled my hand by accident and was completely shocked and blown away at the drydown!! I just rushed 20minutes ago to add more and omg...This is hands down better than 99.9% of the oils I have ever smelled. Rich beyond comprehension and like nothing I have ever smelled in my life so shapeshifting! I have mixed oils before and never had they came out good nothing like this one. Here is what i mixed

.1-.15g Al Malek Al Malayzi ASO
.1g Blue malay AA
.08g Emperor of Brunei JS
.1g pahang spirit (malay oil from the tea guru aka guru aromatic)
.15g NTLTD EO
.05g guallam killam EO
.15g sultani 1975 EO
.15g oud ertugrul EO
.2g Hainan CO2 that smells identical to haillam killam
.2g SUPPOSEDLY wild kinam co2 from Hemit lisa
.03g taif (about that much)
.1g cultivated kinam extract
.1g tarakan extract (this one is super loud smelling extremely elegant from Japan wood)
.02g tongan musk EO
.2ml white ambergris tincture
.2ml black ambergris tincture

Man this stuff smells so good I can cry it has completely shocked me! Now I am thinking of taking 1ml of the white ambergris tincture and 1ml of the black ambergris tincture and putting .5g of wild kinam shavings in it for a week, then evaporate the alcohol and throw in the resinoid that will be left behind!! I am even thinking to mix the Blue kyara .12g that I have on sale. I havent been this excited since some of my best kinams
It would definitely be a great fragrance.

It would have definitely been a task to extract 0.02 and 0.1 🙏🏻!
 
It would definitely be a great fragrance.

It would have definitely been a task to extract 0.02 and 0.1 🙏🏻!
easy if you have .2 oil and add a bit of alcohol to make it .5, then .1 of the liquid would be a specific amount of oil. the overall alcohol in the mix as a whole would not bother the rest of the oils mixed in and would even act as a fixative and a projection upgrade
 
image.jpg

Boring image but better than nothing maybe. I keep this 2 ounce spray bottle topped off with Everclear, I dissolve a mixture of RKsons sandalwood oil and some old sandalwood co2 total I got from White Lotus back in 2001/2002.

The CO2 oil adds a little bit of presence to the top and middle notes. The RK sons oil provides a nice long lasting 24 hour sandalwood base that the co2 has also to some degree

The nice thing about diluting in alcohol and using that budget sandalwood from Rksons as the basis is that I can spray this liberally, daily, and it really sets in after a while and adds a sandalwood glow to all my coats, sweaters, etc.

I’m tempted to try some blends in the sandalwood base but I doubt my ability to improve on something that is already perfect (good sandalwood) so I think I’d better stick to layering for now.
 
Last night before reading in bed a bit before sleep I put on Oud Meets West by Imperial Oud, and on the other hand was a sample of a blend that @Mario P. created for them, named Chypre. The Oud meets west is okay, quite bright up top (well, a bit muted now - it's about 4yrs old) but I never really get much of an oud hit from it.
The Chypre is rather linear but smells great, actually reminds me of the drydown of several vintage frags that I own - mainly Diors' Fahrenheit, but I smell a bit of Chanel's Antaeus in there too
Not sure if Marius knows that I have that! I have a rose one too and a fruity one - can't recall the exact details though! Faizal sent them to me ages (2.5+yrs) ago 🙂
 
Last night before reading in bed a bit before sleep I put on Oud Meets West by Imperial Oud, and on the other hand was a sample of a blend that @Mario P. created for them, named Chypre. The Oud meets west is okay, quite bright up top (well, a bit muted now - it's about 4yrs old) but I never really get much of an oud hit from it.
The Chypre is rather linear but smells great, actually reminds me of the drydown of several vintage frags that I own - mainly Diors' Fahrenheit, but I smell a bit of Chanel's Antaeus in there too
Not sure if Marius knows that I have that! I have a rose one too and a fruity one - can't recall the exact details though! Faizal sent them to me ages (2.5+yrs) ago 🙂
Haha nice man ,didnt know ,enjoy it 😛
 
Tabac Dore by Bortnikoff. It is a salty, medicinal, leathery, wine soaked tobacco to me. I don’t get too much sweetness here, especially during the initial stage. I could easily say that this is masculine from the bottom to top.

It also closely reminds me of another middle eastern attar: Imperial Oud by Maison Anthony Marmin. Yes, for me they are definetely in the same territory.
 
Back
Top