Today it’s jasmine absolute from Morocco, have had that bottle for over 20 years and wish I could find more. Moroccan jasmine has a delightful unique sweet note and less indole / fecal scent.
 
Attar Aazeen from new house Kashti (0_kashti_0 on instagram). Flowing, voluptuous honeyed jasmine, soaring ambergris and a hint of spices. Very individualistic blend, quite different to other jasmine centred attars I have tried. Can't wait to try more of their stuff!
 
“Cannagris” attar from EJayb/olefaktory. Ambergris dissolved in cannabis essential oil. Right now I’m getting a very nice fresh green sappy herbal blast that reminds me of the smell of freshly cut natural/ herb filled lawns. Not the smell of fresh cut grass itself, but where I am right now there are quite a few herbs like thyme and some small geraniums that grow with the grass and when it is cut there’s a wonderful pungent herbal mishmash that emerges and this oil reminds me of that. A very green scent… the ambergris merges nicely and while it is almost lost in the pungent herbal blast, its presence is noticeable and I suppose it would be like smelling a fistful of fresh green cannabis leaves, not dried, while walking at the beach. Amazing oil I have just a small amount and going to have to make this last.
 
The Oud Lab - Purple haze. Beautifully dark, moody composition. The rose is so deep that it interacts with the oud on every register, and this is some deep oud! Its heat glows through the many fine veils of rose, but never quite breaks through.
This is an excellent composition. Abed's best composition amongst the 3 I have tried.

I wore Ottoman Empire II (extrait) for Jumu'a today. Sometimes I wish it's rose and other floral and oudy facets were a bit more prominent. It somehow becomes this fossil amber, myrrh, muscenone inflected musky amber trail. It could also be due to my very dry skin. Thankfully the attar is more beautiful on me.
 
Cali Fresh from Olefaktory 😎. This is really feel-good stuff. I love the role played by ambergris here. It both refines and potentiates the cannabis, etching it into the air like a glinting powder trail.
 
So a couple months ago I started mixing oud oils in different vials...as time went by I continued to add....yesterday night I put some on my hand from one mix I hadnt tried yet and was charmed beyond belief for 15minutes before I fell asleep. I woke up and smelled my hand by accident and was completely shocked and blown away at the drydown!! I just rushed 20minutes ago to add more and omg...This is hands down better than 99.9% of the oils I have ever smelled. Rich beyond comprehension and like nothing I have ever smelled in my life so shapeshifting! I have mixed oils before and never had they came out good nothing like this one. Here is what i mixed

.1-.15g Al Malek Al Malayzi ASO
.1g Blue malay AA
.08g Emperor of Brunei JS
.1g pahang spirit (malay oil from the tea guru aka guru aromatic)
.15g NTLTD EO
.05g guallam killam EO
.15g sultani 1975 EO
.15g oud ertugrul EO
.2g Hainan CO2 that smells identical to haillam killam
.2g SUPPOSEDLY wild kinam co2 from Hemit lisa
.03g taif (about that much)
.1g cultivated kinam extract
.1g tarakan extract (this one is super loud smelling extremely elegant from Japan wood)
.02g tongan musk EO
.2ml white ambergris tincture
.2ml black ambergris tincture

Man this stuff smells so good I can cry it has completely shocked me! Now I am thinking of taking 1ml of the white ambergris tincture and 1ml of the black ambergris tincture and putting .5g of wild kinam shavings in it for a week, then evaporate the alcohol and throw in the resinoid that will be left behind!! I am even thinking to mix the Blue kyara .12g that I have on sale. I havent been this excited since some of my best kinams
 
This is some amazing smelling stuff, someone like @Mr.P i think will know more about this as hes old school. I wish i could find some more....
View attachment 23969
@Habz786 that writing looks a lot like the bottles I have from John Steele of LifeTree Aromatix. I’ll email them and ask about it. Here’s pics of a couple bottles I have from them.

**(weird flex alert), yes, this is THE legendary Blue Lotus, and yes, it’s incredible.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    729038D5-9AA7-4703-B10D-247C803BF693.webp
    151.8 KB · Views: 101
Tathagat by Kashti. This is a spray focused on oud, tobacco, vetiver and florals. The structure is complex, very balanced around the heart and no ingredient immediately sticks out. The tobacco feels airy and fresh, Cambodi and Thai ouds are playful and heart warming like sunshine. Florals are liquid and mesmerizing. The evolution is dynamic, keeping my attention throughout the wear.
 
Back
Top