just received the history of attar collection.

removed the Teflon tape on Genda ... I smell some fruitiness there, floral. This is my sniff of marrigold so I'll let it sit on my skin and get some work done then share more thoughts later. Expecting motia to be my favorite since it's the flower I love the most but this set will be a nice explorative journey.

One note ... I smell more sandalwood than I expected. Since this is at the top of the fragrance, I suspect to dominate soon enough.
 
Tried Chapaca Attar from Areej le dore

Nostalgia invoking.
It is a shame that markets are flooded with headache inducing chemicals in the name of traditional indian attars. Russian adam did a commendable job. Keeping it real. Keeping it simple and quality very high.

Would love to blend champaca with some clean motia, some noisy materials in the base, some oud, some labdanum, some guggul, some myrrh and see how it goes. Perhaps, some musk too. Essentially, a champa-chameli kind of traditional attar.
 
It's been a while since I posted any on the forum.
Mellifluence's Citrus Khas 2 before going to the bed.
I don't remember all the notes... but for now, I get mellowed down citrus and refreshing forest air.
very soothing and calming. oh, yes I've picked the right one today. 😋
 
Bulgarian rose absolute from Alteya has been really surprising me. I have
many Rose absolutes and have been sniffing every one I could get my hands on for the last 25 years or so. These alteya absolutes are the pinnacle of my collection.

I have two different batches of alteya absolute I ordered about two years apart. They have slightly different character but the same high quality.

These are great rose oils - very balanced opening for an absolute - and every time I wear them I get blindsided by some other lush aspect of fresh roses I was not expecting to smell (based on the other absolutes I have sampled). Now it has been about a year since I purchased so I don’t know what the new crop is like but I highly recommend checking this oil out if you love Bulgarian rose.

One thing that I’ve noticed is every time I step from one environment to another it’s like the fragrance explodes. So if I have applied some of this and I’m sitting indoors and enjoying and sometime later I step outside… it’s just like an entire other world of scent opens up. Works the same way going from outside back inside. Funny thing
 
Nice what do you think about green kyara
- Bitter & astringent facets of ouds from Vietnam, Terengganu, Layte, Mindanao, Sylhet (yes you heard that correct!) and a few more regions
- Lots of green facets: galbanum, elemi, luban, hyacinth, pink lotus, a touch of aged and mellowed oakmoss
- Vernal and balsamic ouds of Indo-Malay region: I haven't noticed any earthy (i.e., geosmine) note yet.
- Black tea, rose's violet/fruity facet (just a touch), some other watery floral facets, whiffs of green kinam (of course), honey/beeswax (sans it's animalic smell).... Spicy facets too (need to wear more).
- I do not get the vanillic/buttery milk note that Taha and few other mentioned
- Dragon fruit-like mineralic & sour-sweet smell, an aged & greenish tobacco abs (peek-a-boo type), and so on.
- I'm sure subsequent wearings will reveal more to me.
 
Back
Top