I can’t yet. It’s on route as of now 🙂. Once I have it I can tell you. But I expect layali to be more dark with the tobacco and brandy notes and the inclusion of a leather like note. Whereas at jazzab is a pure rose oud.
I would be curious to know your thoughts. I read Kafkaesque's review and comparison of both.
 
N
When was this even released? I’ve seen the oil for it, but never saw the extrait go for sale..

Could you describe it? Also, what was the price for this one?

I have no idea what the details are on this one. I bought 1ml from someone on basenotes a while ago but I don't see it available at the moment.

The Green Kyara is complex in the oudy sense but minimalistic in terms of ingredients and spectrum. A lot of energy over a small area.

I feel an interplay between different types of oud, mostly mossy green but there is a touch of hidden fire inside. These aspects don't fight each other, it's multi-faceted, but leans more cool than hot.

There is a fine but intense smoke which whispers through the other elements. The smoke is like the smouldering of an old wet log outside. Always present, it challenges and bites, but never overpowers the oud.
 
@The Oud Lab - BadShah

My first time trying this amazing Hindi experience. The ingredients have a lot of power here, but they keep each other under control with muscular force. BadShah is smooth, rich and rounded, but with an almost violent energy that coils and twists in the air like a python. It unfurls then dissapates only to appear in another place. Almost like watching the movement of a lava lamp. Eventually the movement slows to a relaxing and soulful glow.
 
Last edited:
Musk based mix I made up myself about two years old now.
Mongolian musk macerated separately for approximately 4 months together in Sandalwood oil. And separately some beard oil with floral notes and an Oudh I can't make out but I think I remember it was an AA Oudh. (Note keeping not great at the time.) I then mixed the two in a half Tola and kept them cozy for over eighteen months.
It has worked very well and had a good longevity to it.
Really pleased as my prime purpose was to make wearable without irritation and I succeeded, am happy to say..:praying:
 
I’ve always found patchouli to be interesting. It has surprising depths and some varieties present these beautiful tangy and sweet/green yet wine like notes and a cluster of dry wood and earthy notes on another layer at the same time… Then of course there is the musty and peppery aspects and oxidized byproducts that smell almost lime and cola like (these notes develop in some old oud as well).

Great stuff and i always perk up when I pass someone rocking a quality patchouli

its importance as an herb in Japanese and Chinese incense mixtures and as a note in perfumes and attars is something I have come to appreciate a little bit more these last couple of years as well.

Really an olfactory wonder of the world like jasmine, rose, oud, musk, sandalwood, ambergris etc.

I hesitate to wear it only because I have a big beard and dress casually and if I go around reeking if patchouli it just kind of immediately makes everyone think you are an old hippie, and although I have no problems with old hippies and to some degree even feel an affinity, it’s not a look / style / mode i feel comfortable rocking in the US.
 
Jannah Attar
Sambac Attar


Both from Oudologie, recently added resident vendor here. Very much Sultan Pasha-ian touch is there in both with a slight oriental touch. Quality is A class. Such blends would rock, esp in the community that prefers blends having more Western scent signature.
 
Two stunning rose oils.
The great Taifi rose oil (last night) and today Istanbuli.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    4F25721D-8FA1-4E13-A94E-5189D68B82A3.webp
    109.6 KB · Views: 113
Back
Top