Jumaana by Al Shareef Oudh. Absolutely regal composition. The jasmine is very forward here, very romantic, with just a hint of indolic kick. Oud and musk play a supporting role. The musk is quite floral and boosts the jasmine, while the oud is grounding - very deep and smooth from age. There is no polarization between the oud and jasmine, it's a perfectly linear and seamless transition. Will definitely be wearing this out next time!
 
This is some amazing smelling stuff, someone like @Mr.P i think will know more about this as hes old school. I wish i could find some more....
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
EO Ambra’92. Ambergris infused in mysore sandalwood. During the life of the fragrance, sandalwood is the main player. This is a buttery and lactonic sandal of high quality. Ambergris makes its presence known at times with aquatic and slightly salty nuances. Overall a different experience which I think would work better in sprayable format.
 
This is some amazing smelling stuff, someone like @Mr.P i think will know more about this as hes old school. I wish i could find some more....
View attachment 23969
Amulya are an Indian attar, composed primarily from Indian flowers on a base of spices. Dozens sometimes 100+ different fragrant flowers and spices used to be utilised to compose these. I think some of the more traditional houses in India still make them.
 
Was inspired to wear Mystical Lotus attar after wearing Sultan Ahmet this morning. There is some qualitative similarity between the two, and they complement each other perfectly!
 
Jasmine (Heart) by Robertet: It is so extravagantly divine that I can't help but sniff it again and again. It doesn't lack anything at all. Perfect and unique.

I have Jasmine Sambac Absolute by Eden Botanicals, and I prefer it to be used in Musk maceration. But the one by Robertet is to be worn neat.

Within two or three days, Indian Jasmine Sambac will be delivered to me. It will be a great day to wear three Jasmine oils.
 
Attar aswad by tabeer oud.
Smelling from the bottle , I get a crushed coriander note. Upon application its jasmine, dark oudh. White and black. A simplistic creation. Wonder if it can be expanded upon.
I find the oud and jasmine little darker than I prefer. Coffee chocolatey to me. I have come to realization, jasmine Grandiflorum is my fav, and from Egypt even better.

I would have liked a more shimmery version of Aswad
 
I find the oud and jasmine little darker than I prefer. Coffee chocolatey to me. I have come to realization, jasmine Grandiflorum is my fav, and from Egypt even better.

I would have liked a more shimmery version of Aswad

I normally prefer shimmery florals, but I absolutely love the rootiness and rugged nature of Aswad. The jasmine has so much body to it. The whole attar is pretty volatile so I don't feel it gets too bogged down in the dark notes.

Mukhallats of the day:
The Oud Lab - Rosen Roshi
Habzoud Taj Mahal layared with ASO Hekayat.
 
Back
Top