And now “atlas cedar heart” again by Robertet. This is a suave atlas cedar - seems to have gathered and accentuated the more pleasant notes. Very nice sweet palo santo like base, and some fleeting sugary notes almost like carrot seed. If you like atlas cedar you might really enjoy this stuff.
 
Oud by SJA Perfumes. This is an oud soliflore, very oudy for a spray. Featuring Hindi and Laos ouds. A good blast of oud funk to start which slowly gets more soft and sensual. Really nice on skin.
 
White Lotus Aromatics jasmine sambac co2 select extract at the moment. This is a Jeckyl and Hyde oil.

This stuff is the most lifelike jasmine sambac I have encountered IF and ONLY IF it is used as an environment fragrance. For example if I put a drop on a diffuser / stone and put it on a shelf or table (not heated, just at room temp) it is like having a live plant nearby. It is for me a perfect jasmine scent.

If I put it on my skin on the other hand or try to wear it as a personal fragrance it’s much too heavy and cloying, and transforms to a dull heavy scent that is not fresh at all - I can’t stand it.

If only there were a way to get this to smell that good on skin… that would be an incredible natural perfume.
 
wish he make it again if possible amazing oil ,perfume version hindi tabac not even 1 % similar wonder why they put same name.

I didn't know there was an oil! I only have a decant of the perfume spray. I much prefer the oils but I do have a few spray decants just for fun. I have a couple of the tobacco heavy attars, Rose Cuir and Tuberose Tabac. Both very good.
 
I didn't know there was an oil! I only have a decant of the perfume spray. I much prefer the oils but I do have a few spray decants just for fun. I have a couple of the tobacco heavy attars, Rose Cuir and Tuberose Tabac. Both very good.
Oh you must try to get sample from anyone got it from early releases oils
I have a sample only otherwise i would have try to send
 
Two jasmine oils from Eden. One a co2 extract and one a traditional absolute from Egypt.

Both pretty unusual I’m not quite sure what to make of them. The Jasmine CO2 is extracted from jasmine concrete. The smell is very much like bubblegum and benzoin, with distinct jasmine nuances as well. Maybe like juicy fruit gum and jasmine mixture. I am glad I have the specimen but it does not scratch the Jasmine itch for me.

The Egyptian jasmine Absolute has that classic Egyptian jasmine twang, nice fresh and floral and does not smell fermented or cooked like some jasmine absolutes i have encountered from Egypt. This oil has a green leafy aspect that I have not smelled in jasmine in the past. It smells enough like Violet leaf absolute that it’s a little bit distracting from the jasmine. The violet leaf note fades or leaving a classic narcotic jasmine scent behind.

This is a nice jasmine specimen albeit with some unusual nuances!
 
Last edited:
I will add that layered together the two combine to make a really nice and fat fuzzy jasmine. Separately the oils are just interesting but together forms that real transfixing mystical Jasmine experience
 
Ruh Gulab from white lotus purchased back in 2010-2012 (my best guess). This was sold as high elevation deg distilled prime ruh gulab. Always a very “fuzzy” rose from the beginning, it has a note like fresh apples and rugosa rose when I smell deeply. It is very clean and rosey from the initial notes (Some of my favorite and tangiest Bulgarian rose ottos have had a slight fermented note in the beginning but this one doesn’t really have that). It is not wild and zesty, no still notes whatsoever, just a very dignified and full rose scent.
 
Back
Top