Jinkoh Store - Apurikotto
I will be honest, at first I wasn’t too sure about the apurikotto. Because it was very overwhelming because I applied too much. Now that I spent the afternoon wearing it with moderation, I changed my mind: It is amazing! Some perfect spices, sweetness and sensual kedah with the sweet/fresh apricots. So sensual, almost like a forbidden fruit!
On hubby apurikotto morphs into a more ‘masculin’ scent, dropping a lot of the sweetness. It’s funny how the same oil has two different ‘faces’.
 
Harvested some patchouli leaves. Nice shade growing plant! Not sure where to post this so the smell of the leaves is my attar of the day. Very nice mild patchouli fragrance.

[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
Experiment. Dry them out, use as incense or store in a cigar box…. I am Interested in experiencing this material in raw form. Apparently for patchouly to really be prime it has to be allowed to “sweat” for a little bit after harvest before drying somewhat akin to what is done with black tea. Some kind of change occurs that improves / intensifies the aroma compared to directly dried leaves.

I also got some trellises for my jasmine plants. The “flora plena” (French perfume cultivar) opened up a couple of flowers and they are special for sure. Rich multilayered grandiflorum madness - to me, intoxicating.
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
Experiment. Dry them out, use as incense or store in a cigar box…. I am Interested in experiencing this material in raw form. Apparently for patchouly to really be prime it has to be allowed to “sweat” for a little bit after harvest before drying somewhat akin to what is done with black tea. Some kind of change occurs that improves / intensifies the aroma compared to directly dried leaves.

I also got some trellises for my jasmine plants. The “flora plena” (French perfume cultivar) opened up a couple of flowers and they are special for sure. Rich multilayered grandiflorum madness - to me, intoxicating.View attachment 29593View attachment 29594
I didnt know u love grandiflorum,i also have a very nice jasmine grandiflorum co2
I like sambac more than gflorum
Next time i will send u some sample of it
 
Oh yes, a good grandiflorum is something I am always looking for.


I was wearing the Peyan Bertrand jasmine again today and that stuff is just amazing. If you sniff it in the bottle, it just smells like another absolute, but it unfolds with perfection and leaves the nicest fresh flower dewey jasmine note on your skin for hours.
 
Dang that was a long one. Must’ve had too much caffeine.

I’ve just been sniffing these ambergris specimens that I got from Tyson a while back. They are alcohol extracts with the alcohol evaporated. Resin? Resinoid? Folded tincture!


The two oils on the right are similar, smelling a lot like old white ambergris - clean marine with earthy elements but zero fecal or halitosis notes- whatever he used must’ve been adrift for a long time.

They are hard like wax, so I wanted to make one of these into a super concentrated oil and save one in pure form in case I regretted it. I used sandalwood oil to dissolve the one in the middle. That’s about 50% sandalwood oil 50% ambergris resinoid. The two seem to balance reasonably well. It starts to solidify with ambrein crystals if left alone in a cool spot - it won’t pour like cold honey.
The resinoids from Tyson are as good as ambergris can be. And all of it 100 percent soluble. That was truly a thing for perfume books.
 
The resinoids from Tyson are as good as ambergris can be. And all of it 100 percent soluble. That was truly a thing for perfume books.
Was just wearing his original Euphoria oil under my nose for a trip to the dentist yesterday.
Bring back Tyson from retirement!
 
In principle they should be simple (not necessarily easy) to make.

1. Dissolve ambergris in ethanol and allow to extract

2. Filter, and pour liquid gradually out onto a flat glass surface like a window pane or a mirror or plate with a very flat bottom

3. Allow alcohol to evaporate

4. When it reaches the thickness you want, use a razor blade to gather up the goo and transfer to a bottle.
if you need all of the alcohol gone, you would leave the bottle uncapped and maybe gently heat for a while and it will become a hard solid wax. .
 
EO Musc Gardenia Ghalia

This one is really good. A little swipe on my arm and I feel like I am actually sitting in a garden on a crisp spring morning and occasionally getting whiffs of the flowers. There is a sort of green note that mimics the leaves(reminds me of some neroli I have smelled), and the mint makes it feel cool. It's like a portable flower garden. It also feels focused, like I know what he was going for, whereas a lot of his attars feel a bit scattered to me.
 
Hi guys,

Beginner attar user here, looking for a floral one or nice sexy smell straight out the cap. I have previously tried ouds but its hard to start with so i am slowly picking up pace by getting attar. I usualy own a couple from MAM but im in the search for a better brand, easy going.

Let me know thanks 😛
 
Raja Kasturi Special Blend from Craftoud

I find this quite different to the OG version, which was dominated by untamed, cool, and rose heavy florals, with a lick of saline musk. The SB is more tuberose forward in the florals, and the spice is more tobacco than saffron. Hot, dark, moody purple vibes. The musk is the deep, regal/romantic type. More of an evening ghaliyah vs. the zesty, bright floral OG. This is coming together already but think it needs a few months to show its true direction.
 
I sampled a nagarmotha oil that came in the sample set from mesoud. This is a very appealing nagarmotha - the top note is pretty typical but there is something more engaging about the heart/base of this one than the other nags in my stash.

Also applied the sambac co2 oil. This smells authentic to me (something you can never take for granted with Jasmine just like with oud) and has a more charming balanced dry down than I am used to smelling in sambac oils.
 
I sampled a nagarmotha oil that came in the sample set from mesoud. This is a very appealing nagarmotha - the top note is pretty typical but there is something more engaging about the heart/base of this one than the other nags in my stash.

Also applied the sambac co2 oil. This smells authentic to me (something you can never take for granted with Jasmine just like with oud) and has a more charming balanced dry down than I am used to smelling in sambac oils.
Than be ready for trying my blends including nagarmotha and jasmine,i have both,just my blends take long time to be ready,because i dont make basic blends,with blending oils,i tey to macerate all available materials together,i like this way more.
 
Back
Top