Musc D'orient from yusa! This is a wild one - i feel like I smell mugwort, a peach note or osmanthus, some smoky note - castoreum? some kind of spice - maybe black pepper, some oud - likely agallocha, maybe some rose in there? The musk is integrated and kind of ties the fragrance
together as opposed to dominating the scent. I have not experimented much with Musk so I'm still learning to understand how it manifests itself in different blends. For example Musk in Sandalwood oil to me smells entirely different than a combination of the smell of musk by itself and the smell of sandalwood by itself.

This is a very interesting and shifting blend of fragrances that go together very nicely
 
I had macerated @RisingPhoenix Tibetan Musk in his Mysore Deep and Buttery

Took first swipe today after roughly 2 years.
Musk has been totally consolidated. This was my first time playing with dry grains, was a little concerned since the color change in the oil was not the same as I get when macerating semi dry grains. But, it smells beautiful.
Super refined.

How’d the strength come out? What ratio did you use?
 
This is the first time,i post about one of my works.
İt is 4:45 am now,i woke up for facr(early morning) prayer
Than visited one of my macerations,which i didnt check for tooo long time,stil i disnt give a name to it,as it need some more tüme for full maturity.
Oud said&deer musk&Ambergris maceration
İt is just wow,i couldnt find any words to say
Weldone Mehmet
 
Sultan Pasha - Cuirlilas

This is a sultry springtime scent for sure. Starts with very indolic florals, lilac and heliotrope to be exact. They smell a tad overwhelming when combined with this oily, sweaty sweet castoreum and salty ambergris mix. It approaches a leather scent but the more of a medicinal car interior leather I guess.

After some time, a brighter ylang-ylang and a chalky cool orris enter the fray. The orris helps accentuate the leather accord and solidifies this fragrance to me as a winner for your date nights. Definitely gets animalic at times throughout its lifecycle, but I know you ouddicts have no qualms with a little funk.
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
This is the first time,i post about one of my works.
İt is 4:45 am now,i woke up for facr(early morning) prayer
Than visited one of my macerations,which i didnt check for tooo long time,stil i disnt give a name to it,as it need some more tüme for full maturity.
Oud said&deer musk&Ambergris maceration
İt is just wow,i couldnt find any words to say
Weldone Mehmet
Sign me up for a bottle.
 
This is the first time,i post about one of my works.
İt is 4:45 am now,i woke up for facr(early morning) prayer
Than visited one of my macerations,which i didnt check for tooo long time,stil i disnt give a name to it,as it need some more tüme for full maturity.
Oud said&deer musk&Ambergris maceration
İt is just wow,i couldnt find any words to say
Weldone Mehmet
Available?
 
This is the first time,i post about one of my works.
İt is 4:45 am now,i woke up for facr(early morning) prayer
Than visited one of my macerations,which i didnt check for tooo long time,stil i disnt give a name to it,as it need some more tüme for full maturity.
Oud said&deer musk&Ambergris maceration
İt is just wow,i couldnt find any words to say
Weldone Mehmet
I can’t wait!
 
Ghaliya Banu Hashim from An Najwa. This is a sample from a stage in its development, missing some of the materials in the final batch if I understand correctly. Look at all the musk in the bottom of the sample vial!

Both this and the final version are fascinating for me - this is a beautiful long lasting blend, and seems very functional as well. This is bound to be an overgeneralization but it does seem to enhance other fragrances as opposed to competing with them or forming funky accords. This probably is due to it being such a base oriented blend - it just sits there laying low and exerting a subtle influence (I generally apply very small dabs when I wear fragrance) and as the other fragrances fade it just continues to sit there glowing and making me smell like nirvana. I generally don't wear this on any day when I am working on my own fragrances because of its subtle influence and incredible longevity.

This prototype specimen just hit me a little differently today with a little more prominent rose I think. I never reach for perfumes or mukhallats for my own fragrance (traditional kannauj type attars are a different story!) but this fragrance and the final version are things that I could wear and enjoy on a similar level that I enjoy a fine oud or rose oil. That is unusual for me.

IMG_7422.jpeg

[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
Last edited:
I have been enjoying the samples I got from Yusa. There are some mukhs in here and I always feel like a doofus reviewing mukhs because they are very difficult to decipher for me, and I can only wear them on rare occasions because of the performance and impact on other things that I'm trying to study.

The one that I could understand right away was the tibet Musk 2018. I am no musk connoisseur let me state that up front but I've smelled a bit. This is just straight up rich musk in sandalwood. This particular musk somehow smells more musky in a deep sense than the Siberian and Mongolian grains i have sniffed. It seems to tie together the various manifestations of musk i have experienced - it brought the common theme to light and I see what they're trying to do with the attars and the various musk gazelles, and why "l-muscone" is in fact a primary odorant in natural deer musk. That's a first for me.

Are Siberian and Mongolian by any chance considered to be close substitutes as opposed to the authentic original musk of legend?

I think the Siberian and Mongolian have absolutely precious notes but this is more hard musky to me.
 
Last edited:
Sultan Pasha - Cheval d’Arabie

Well, this one has certainly received some praise before and it’s fully deserved. Easily my favorite of his attars I’ve tried so far and possibly one of my favorite Rose forward oriental compositions, right up there with Ottoman Empire from Russian Adam.

Citrusy sweet tai’fi roses and Omani frankincense. They come across mouth watering in the opening, mixing with some light musks to give off a leather/animal hide. As it dries the rose scent drifts further down the flower, having hay and narcissus added to make it greener, stemmier. This attar is pure opulence and royalty and completely deserving a full bottle.
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
Sultan Pasha - Cheval d’Arabie

Well, this one has certainly received some praise before and it’s fully deserved. Easily my favorite of his attars I’ve tried so far and possibly one of my favorite Rose forward oriental compositions, right up there with Ottoman Empire from Russian Adam.

Citrusy sweet tai’fi roses and Omani frankincense. They come across mouth watering in the opening, mixing with some light musks to give off a leather/animal hide. As it dries the rose scent drifts further down the flower, having hay and narcissus added to make it greener, stemmier. This attar is pure opulence and royalty and completely deserving a full bottle.
View attachment 38102
can't wait to read your thoughts on Hindi Oud Nasha, my favorite from him.
 
Tabacaurum by Sultan Pasha Attars - I enjoy this attar but find it hard to describe. The sweet tobacco combined with the jasmine and orange blossom gives out a unique smell, it almost feels artificial candy like, but in a pleasant manner. The oud was not noticeable for me the first time trying, but after experimenting with his other attars that have oud in them, I am able to pick it up in Tabacaurum. After 2 hours now the Orris Butter is more noticeable. Overall enjoyable attar
 
Just got a first whiff of qirose from Mesoud! I did not see any information about this on the website - it's a aroma is quite distinctive. I'm going to have to dig around here a little bit to remind myself what the story is on this one.

I actually don't know it well enough to write a description but one thing is that this is one of those rare items that caused me to chuckle in appreciation when I first smelled it. That puts it into a group with only a handful of members. 🙂

Very nice Rose presence in the opening - an engaging and charming rose/oud blend with sparkling and berry-like rose notes. I didn't pay enough attention to the mid notes, but what I am smelling on my skin after mowing the lawn is just wonderful. A really nice dense resinous bittersweet drydown - very distinctive and appealing and I am reminded of ambergris at times. This is some amazing stuff - I look forward to paying more attention to the details with the next wear.

[edit: I looked it up and I see that this is a long soak cultivated kinam. This is so much richer than your vanilla cultivated kinam it's not even funny but no funk or rot type notes. What an oil!]
 
Just got a first whiff of qirose from Mesoud! I did not see any information about this on the website - it's a aroma is quite distinctive. I'm going to have to dig around here a little bit to remind myself what the story is on this one.

I actually don't know it well enough to write a description but one thing is that this is one of those rare items that caused me to chuckle in appreciation when I first smelled it. That puts it into a group with only a handful of members. 🙂

Very nice Rose presence in the opening - an engaging and charming rose/oud blend with sparkling and berry-like rose notes. I didn't pay enough attention to the mid notes, but what I am smelling on my skin after mowing the lawn is just wonderful. A really nice dense resinous bittersweet drydown - very distinctive and appealing and I am reminded of ambergris at times. This is some amazing stuff - I look forward to paying more attention to the details with the next wear.

[edit: I looked it up and I see that this is a long soak cultivated kinam. This is so much richer than your vanilla cultivated kinam it's not even funny but no funk or rot type notes. What an oil!]
It’s a great great oil. Perfect marriage of rose and CK. The long soak makes it very rich
 
That was a quality experiment right there. I want to see more of the soaked CK! Rose infusions too 🙂

I have not heard of anyone else who has distilled soaked CK, so I think mehmet deserves credit if this turns out to be the way to get the killer ck oil. 😀
 
Last edited:
Just got a first whiff of qirose from Mesoud! I did not see any information about this on the website - it's a aroma is quite distinctive. I'm going to have to dig around here a little bit to remind myself what the story is on this one.

I actually don't know it well enough to write a description but one thing is that this is one of those rare items that caused me to chuckle in appreciation when I first smelled it. That puts it into a group with only a handful of members. 🙂

Very nice Rose presence in the opening - an engaging and charming rose/oud blend with sparkling and berry-like rose notes. I didn't pay enough attention to the mid notes, but what I am smelling on my skin after mowing the lawn is just wonderful. A really nice dense resinous bittersweet drydown - very distinctive and appealing and I am reminded of ambergris at times. This is some amazing stuff - I look forward to paying more attention to the details with the next wear.

[edit: I looked it up and I see that this is a long soak cultivated kinam. This is so much richer than your vanilla cultivated kinam it's not even funny but no funk or rot type notes. What an oil!]
I remember @mesOUD very excited for this project but he had an unfortunate accident where most of it had evaporated. He said he will send some as gifts and it won't be on sale. I was also lucky enough to get a little bit from him
 
Back
Top