This is the first time,i post about one of my works.
İt is 4:45 am now,i woke up for facr(early morning) prayer
Than visited one of my macerations,which i didnt check for tooo long time,stil i disnt give a name to it,as it need some more tüme for full maturity.
Oud said&deer musk&Ambergris maceration
İt is just wow,i couldnt find any words to say
Weldone Mehmet
Well done Mehmet, it's a good feeling ❤️🥰😘
 
This is my 2nd wearing of Yusa's Musk Osmanli

I smell a variety of quality ingredients- musk, oud with a little funk, something peachy like osmanthus but without the leathery side. I also smell a fresh modern fantasy/floral note / accord that I don't recognize. i'm not sure if these are composed with any natural isolates, but to my nose it smells like there is something unique in here that i have not smelled on its own, could also be an exotic ruh / floral.

The initial wave is musky and floral over oud, with the oud being more dominant a little later. I am just cutting my teeth on Mukhs here - my collection is almost entirely individual raw materials
 
This is my 2nd wearing of Yusa's Musk Osmanli

I smell a variety of quality ingredients- musk, oud with a little funk, something peachy like osmanthus but without the leathery side. I also smell a fresh modern fantasy/floral note / accord that I don't recognize. i'm not sure if these are composed with any natural isolates, but to my nose it smells like there is something unique in here that i have not smelled on its own, could also be an exotic ruh / floral.

The initial wave is musky and floral over oud, with the oud being more dominant a little later. I am just cutting my teeth on Mukhs here - my collection is almost entirely individual raw materials
I just can't describe noted like you can.....really have to up my nose game....👃
 
Ambroxide and laevo-muscone at the moment just for study - very interesting materials! Gives valuable perspective on real ambergris and musk.
 
Just applied a dab of Khaltat Baghdad from An Najwa, which I posted about earlier. This at the moment is smelling like a blend of musky, fruity, floral and traditional oud-medicinal notes. I'm struggling to articulate more than this… the peach / apricot note in this attar comes across a little more brightly/juicily than i remember smelling in kishmir, but I would have to do a side-by-side to be sure. There is a small amount of dark sediment in the bottom of the bottle which I consider to be a good sign!

I know one of the AN attars sold out recently and somebody here was mentioning that they regretted missing it. I feel like this shares some of the signature notes of magreb II and kishmir (I'm not saying it's a ringer for either of those). I have a feeling it will be received in a positive way because it reflects the same art and aesthetic. This is a nice variation on the quarter tola bottle as well. A little bit more carefully formed and with an extra thick base. Glass dipstick that is sort of fused to a hexagonal plastic stopper


IMG_7636.jpeg
 
Last edited:
One more...

This is just a bad ass patchouli oil in my opinion. It is a molecular distillate / fraction that is very high (60%) in patchoulol and in this case has a very smooth suave characteristic that really is like sticking your face into a bunch of the fresh leaves. If you're looking for a really low key deep patch without any sour or sharp notes for an attar this is worth a sniff. I bought a bigger bottle so I have enough to use in some perfumes and as a personal fragrance

The dark patchouli on the other hand is a very nice specimen - from Peyan Bertrand I believe and unusually rich with a range of tangy and tart, phenolic and earthy notes. That would be a good oil to put away for five years






IMG_7652.jpeg
 
Special Reserve No.1 from Alhashimi. Just put a tiny bit of this on and I gotta say it really is great. up close it has more of a raw animalistic scent with a smooth creamy note i guess coming from the ambergris slightly in the background but not in the sense hidden. As you pull away you meet this beautiful velvety rose with this lovely rounded almost floral fruity fizz. will have to see how it changes in the dry down!
 
Eid ul Adha Line Up: (More for projections in gatherings)

- Deep Black from @mesOUD - I've already raved about this one, animalic, spicy, yet fresh somehow, and outstandingly powerful, two swipes from the sample vial dipstick was all I needed!
- Ward Al-Ta'ifi from @Al Shareef Oudh - this has been a great companion during this season, a extra swipe with almost anything makes the overall scent more summer friendly
- Royal Barn from Areej Le Dore - 2 mini sprays and I basically fumigated the whole room, a wonderful scent, I find myself wearing this on occasions where I can be more bold, whereas Creme de la Creme is good everyday scent. Really don't find this one all that difficult, scent wise to wear, it's a very strongly projecting aromatic scent, kinda feels like a retro Fougère.
 
mesOUD - Vietnam Classic & Civet Paste Maceration

Wasn’t sure whether to post this in here or the Oud of the day, but decided to do it here. This oud has 20% Civet paste inside and there’s no questioning it. Swiping this oil is like immediately being put into a room filled with wild feral civets, all beginning to mark their territories simultaneously in your presence. It makes me feel like I’ve never actually smelled civet before, and that all the compositions I’ve tried with civet listed as an ingredient were using some sort of civet-like clean aromachemical. I’m struggling to find any specific notes regarding the oud so far, maybe a little dark red resinous type of note. I’ll have to come back and update later to see if the civet smoothens out at all to let the oud breathe, so far I feel like I’ve applied a pure civet paste. I love it though, one of if not the most challenging oil/perfumes I’ve tried so far, and as someone who enjoys the stinkier side of life, this is amazing.

Edit: 6 hours later and the civet is still raging. A slightly woody red tinted sweet scent is now becoming more present in the background as the civet is dying down, albeit only slightly. Still projecting violently and smelling loud
 
Last edited:
Eid Al Adha (Day2)
Grand Emperor Hue - Jinkoh

This one has grown on me a little after my first impressions as I swiped today for the second time since receiving it. Think Ive seen Brother @Escentually do really well breaking this down. A Strong Vintage Vietnamese from Jinkoh notes of purple molasses violette iris. very rare character, slightly reminiscent of a friend's Purple Malay- Sulaym . Also tried a Borneo Qi sample this one is incredible. Not sure if ive tried an Indonesian this smooth and creamy

on the hands and neck went with a good dose of Ustadh @3elkhaldi 's new Tobac Rose SE- the se here signifies an addition of lemongrass, and might I say a very practical move indeed considering the 95+ degree days we are in for the next 3 months where I live. the depth of the tobacco and Ouds is well countered by the citrusy sweet power of the lemongrass which pretty much takes over for the first few hours. Well-Projecting Lemon orange notes + rose followed by thai/hindi oud combo. Nice cooling properties without the sacrifice of the oud we all hold dear to our hearts, maybe too dear. Few days ago friend commented how Im wearing "the real stuff" about 6 hours after applying 🙂

Eid Mubarak to all.
 
Ghaliyah Limited Parfum by @Al Shareef Oudh

Blown away by this. I don’t know how Al Shareef captured the purity of an Attar Ghaliyah oil in spray form without the usual alcohol or super fake loud notes found in 99% of parfums. So many claim to have the rarest ouds but end up disappointing.

This parfum is the sweetest rose musk with an amazing base of Oud. So smooth. So regal. Unlike other parfums that have too many things going on this is so balanced and clearly aged.

Best parfum I’ve smelled period.

Not surprised this is a limited edition.

Lastly. It’s a shame these days some vendors are selling sprays for 3-5k. Makes you appreciate such a spray that is priced fairly and is way better

Al Shareef has the best attars and khaltas. Period.
 
I want to recommend an especially tasty oakmoss. If you are not familiar with this material I think this would be a great one to check out. I find if I put a small smudge of this on my skin, all kinds of fantastic combinations emerge as various other things I'm sampling merge with the scent. This is one of those things that does more than it seems is possible based on the scent by itself - transforms every blend or aroma it interacts with. I got this one from Fraterworks, I forget which company he gets it from. this would be a good oil to use as a benchmark. It's more like a wax though. The smell in the bottle is deceptively simple - smells like a pile of firewood. When it combines with Rose and Jasmine and other mixtures some very strange synergies emerge. It's also one of those rare natural materials that boosts performance and longevity of blend when added, and small amounts can have profound effects.

There are tiny crystals on the surface of something or other, kind of like vanilla absolute with vanillin crystals.

[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
Purple Haze by TOL
I know I've talked about this one before, but oh man, o what a scent!
this one is a gorgeous attar with dark roses, ambergris and oud. it has a purple fumes the whole wear. the transtions are smooth and surprising. small dot will paint a smile in your face immediately.
everything I've tried tried from TOL was outstanding. I'm happy that I grabbed 3g that will be in my collection for a while Insha Allah.
 
What is this like? Musk in sandalwood? Some kind of mukhallat?
 
Back
Top