Now I gotta ask... Who sent you this? It sounds quite heavenly!
It’s in Arabic on the bottle. I purposely didn’t translate the name and vendor to see who would ask first 😂

The large writing on the top reads “Izzadeen” (also spelt Izzadin) which translates to Dignity or Honour of the Way of Faith. The bottom says “Al Khaldi” or as our resident perfumer transliterates it in English, “El Khaldi”.

IMG_2437.jpeg
 
Al Layl by ASO today. I like this a lot. I don't want to compare except for descriptive purposes, but this is to me what Sheikh Al Faransi /Royal Wild/ would smell like. Beautiful showcase of basenotes, with smoothness from ambergris I guess. The performance is just as great (aka mega performance)
 
View attachment 39135
Just got this through the post. Unsolicited and unpaid for. I always rebuff offers of free samples or bottles and have done since 2016 due to my position on this forum, but it is Sunnah (the example of the Prophet ﷺ) to accept a gift and so I reluctantly accepted.

And boy am I glad I did. I’ve made a few compositions myself that have not been released (yet), and my style is robust and strong and unapologetic. However this work of olfactory art is subtle, mysterious and an elixir in perfume form.

This attar is expertly constructed with the balance of the ingredients just right. On too many occasions, I’ve been disappointed at the lack of balance and dominance of one ingredient over others that skews an attar. Not this one. It’s like a perfectly polished diamond refracting and reflecting light at the correct angles to project a shimmering display of luminance, except in this case it is scent notes rather than light that is the objet d’art.

The secret to a good attar or natural perfume is to use ingredients that have been blended in a four-dimensional fashion. A master perfumer knows that creating perfection isn’t just a function of throwing together ingredients in the same three-dimensional space, even if they are the right ones in the correct proportions. Time is the extra dimension that transforms competence into mastery and this perfume has achieved that in spades.

There isn’t enough space here for me to do justice to this and perfume is like an emotion. It is an experiential reality that can only be expressed in person. So my strong recommendation would be to try this out for yourself… if it’s been released and I have no idea of it has or will be.

For those who don’t read Arabic, these are the ingredients (my translation may be slightly faulty)

Thai Oud, Cambodi Oud, Jasmine, White Lotus Flower, Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood, Kashmiri Musk.
Who makes this?
It’s in Arabic on the bottle. I purposely didn’t translate the name and vendor to see who would ask first 😂

The large writing on the top reads “Izzadeen” (also spelt Izzadin) which translates to Dignity or Honour of the Way of Faith. The bottom says “Al Khaldi” or as our resident perfumer transliterates it in English, “El Khaldi”.

View attachment 39151
I have searched but still can’t find where or who makes this! Was goi to ask sooner but forgot to click post reply🤦🏻‍♂️
 
Jinkoh Store - UAE signature
@Obada kindly sent me a sample and I was hooked, this attar is right up my alley.
I don’t know whether to curse or thank @Obada and @Mario P. for sending me this sample/creating this attar but I know my life will always be a little less beautiful when I’m running out of this attar!!!
It’s a beautiful rose dance with warming saffron and my favorite ouds, and the drydown is gorgeous.

Lotus Blues - Yaseen
Sadly this attar was sold out. I was kindly sent a sample.
Until recently, I had never heard of Yaseen. 🤯
 
Jinkoh Store - UAE signature
@Obada kindly sent me a sample and I was hooked, this attar is right up my alley.
I don’t know whether to curse or thank @Obada and @Mario P. for sending me this sample/creating this attar but I know my life will always be a little less beautiful when I’m running out of this attar!!!
It’s a beautiful rose dance with warming saffron and my favorite ouds, and the drydown is gorgeous.

Lotus Blues - Yaseen
Sadly this attar was sold out. I was kindly sent a sample.
Until recently, I had never heard of Yaseen. 🤯
Hahaha I am happy you enjoyed it. A wonderful oud rose where the quality and blend talk, true to its name
 
Patchouli Fraction B (robertet, purchased from Christine / Perfume Supply House) on my wrist now. I've been doing all kinds of patchouly experiments so I applied a dab kind of absent mindedly, just wanted to smell a little patchouli and that was the one that happened to be at hand.

Now, 10 minutes later, I'm struck by the unique characteristics of this oil. Smooth, earthy, almost oudy in some ways, warm fuzzy ambergris adjacent notes as well. It's almost like the base of patchouly with some of the more forward top elements toned down a bit. I love the stuff if you like patch I would recommend trying some.
 
Do you know if this is a fraction the way ylang ylang is fractioned? I.e stopping the distillation at a certain point to collect the different stages of an oil. Or is it fractionated with a solvent the way coconut oil is to remove its scent?
 
I believe this is a molecular distillate but I need to double check that. Smells like it is a high patchoulol fraction to my nose. Pure patchoulol isolate is pretty striking to me bringing Borneo oud to mind in an interesting way while at the same time very much smelling like the heart of patchouly oil.
 
Trying to explore making a vetiver fragrance today for someone. I have mixed feelings for vetiver in itself. I appreciate its complexity and I wish I loved it straight up but there are some notes i have a hard time getting past - potato, asparagus, burnt sugar, "band-aids" bandages, molasses (depending on the oil).

Haitian type can be very clear clean and resinous, kind of the least distracting type for me. For the first batch: vetiver haiti (clear, honeylike), vetiver el salvador (robust, earthy), rose absolute, a mellow patchouli fraction, sandalwood oil, and a bit of ambrette seed absolute. Not bad - the rose adds a nice sweet element and blends the other aromas - makes the vetiver more appealing to me. At the moment the ambrette is buried we will see what happens after it sits for a while.
 
I wanted to point out an interesting patchouly oil. Fraterworks carries the Payan Bertrand patchouli oils, and what is special about this is that they are sourced from Sumatra. The last time I purchased a Sumatra patchouly was in the 90s. This is supposedly the preferred geographic region and oil from this area tends to get bought up in advance by the businesses with the buying power to secure the crops. They have a dark oil and a light oil (iron free). I've only sampled the dark so far but I'm telling you this is special patchouli. I don't know where else you can get authentic Sumatra patchouli.

I don't have any connection to Fraterworks, just so happens that he carries stuff from the premier sources that provide the high-end materials for Hermes, Chanel etc.. These oils are a significant cut above what Eden and Liberty offer, although they have some gems as well.
 
I wanted to point out an interesting patchouly oil. Fraterworks carries the Payan Bertrand patchouli oils, and what is special about this is that they are sourced from Sumatra. The last time I purchased a Sumatra patchouly was in the 90s. This is supposedly the preferred geographic region and oil from this area tends to get bought up in advance by the businesses with the buying power to secure the crops. They have a dark oil and a light oil (iron free). I've only sampled the dark so far but I'm telling you this is special patchouli. I don't know where else you can get authentic Sumatra patchouli.

I don't have any connection to Fraterworks, just so happens that he carries stuff from the premier sources that provide the high-end materials for Hermes, Chanel etc.. These oils are a significant cut above what Eden and Liberty offer, although they have some gems as well.
I use Fraterworks quite a lot. Was never disappointed in anything. always top notch. Like you, I am not associated with them, nor do I even know who runs it.
 
I use Fraterworks quite a lot. Was never disappointed in anything. always top notch. Like you, I am not associated with them, nor do I even know who runs it.
The owner is somewhat active on basenotes in the DIY forum. That place is a dump though these days.
 
Back
Top